Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009

tenor.gif

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't know how you go back to Jones that you've pulled in the last 2 games and expect him to win you a game.

I think it matches up with the 'too careful' attitude off the teams management. They have always over-valued experience and past success over upcoming youth. They view unknowns as too much of a risk and they are almost never going to take it. Which would kind of make sense if this was at the start of the season.

But facing elimination and having one of the worst goalie tandems in the league it seems almost comical that you are hoping to 'all of a sudden' turn things around and have Jones turn into the monster he was 3 years back. This team has taken two steps forward with its aggressiveness in the FA market and drafting style. But its still 3 steps back with the unwillingness to take risks even in the face of impending doom. Pure stubborness.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I know this will sound hyperbolic, but how did Deboer manage to get the entire team, including the goalies, to be terrible at preventing goals? It’s like they went to a trade school specializing in hockey, but no one took any courses on defense.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I know this will sound hyperbolic, but how did Deboer manage to get the entire team, including the goalies, to be terrible at preventing goals? It’s like they went to a trade school specializing in hockey, but no one took any courses on defense.

I think its the immediate aggressiveness he wants the team to show when they get on the ice. The push to get the 1st goal. The problem is that more often than not we get scored on first and are constantly playing catch up. Making more mistakes and falling further in the hole.

This aggressive style is hard to match against tough/fast forechecking teams like Vegas. More so, when our goalie(s) is playing the way he is. I honestly still think that we would be up in the playoff series if we were playing any other team in the West.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I think its the immediate aggressiveness he wants the team to show when they get on the ice. The push to get the 1st goal. The problem is that more often than not we get scored on first and are constantly playing catch up. Making more mistakes and falling further in the hole.

This aggressive style is hard to match against tough/fast forechecking teams like Vegas. More so, when our goalie(s) is playing the way he is. I honestly still think that we would be up in the playoff series if we were playing any other team in the West.
I honestly believe that if Erik Karlsson was 100% we’d be up in the series. They’re targeting him because they know he can’t move. Losing Vlasic on top of Karlsson tipped the scales so much.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I don't think the aggression is the issue. It doesn't help but it's like there's this weird overfocus of keeping things to the outside where they've preemptively set themselves up for keeping things to the outside and forget that they give up the middle of the ice.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You guys all saw Dell last night, and all season. Korenar isn't going to get a shot at this point with no nhl experience.

It sucks ass, but there really aren't any better options. The team and Jones in particular need to focus and do their jobs in their own end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad