GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This is just unbelievable, I can’t believe it

I CAN

BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT

THE CANUCKS

ARE f***ING CURSED

1713902360382.png

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I haven't heard it anywhere. I'm speculating.
Zero chance he backs up if he just had an MRI and hasn’t been seen on the ice or even in the room. I’d love to be wrong. It would also just make no sense to even have him as a possibility to play.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Like I said above. His injury wasn't serious enough to the point where he took himself out of the game. In fact, I suspect he discussed it with the medical staff between periods and they didn't pull him from the game. He also skated yesterday. I'm thinking this isn't too serious.

Relax.
The same can be said of his last injury. He finished that last game.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I read that he skated today.

Demko wasn’t a participant for the morning skate, a day after he’d been absent from a team practice.

I mean if he's not ready to play, and he backs up, imagine if DeSmith gets injured.

He's definitely not backing up.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
it's easy to be fatalist about this but I think the canucks will surprise everyone and we'll watch a motivated Canucks crush the preds with their defensive game 5-on-5. Shots will be limited to 20 or something.
My concern is not the play infront of SeSmith.

Because I think they will consciously tighten up their game.

The issue is even with 20 shots or less, DeSmith has show an ability to let in 4 or 5.

Lets hope we get the good Casey to start and rode it out before he craters.

That means Demko is back, or Silovs goes in.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
You never really know with injuries at this time of the year, but the likelihood is they are still waiting to determine whether the news is "bad" or "terrible". It would seem pretty unlikely, to me, that he's both injured enough to not play through a playoff game, but also not that injured and will be back this round, or even round two. But you never know.
Best case scenario is a sprain of some sort, which would be a 1-2 week recovery.

Worst case...

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Okay, first I said he skated yesterday because I thought I had read it.

Then I read that he didn't.

Now I find this:

"“It might have been in the game, but I'm not quite sure because he skated yesterday,” (Tocchet) said. “I don't know the exact timeline. That's why I don't want to speculate whether it's this time or whatever.”

He skated yesterday but did not participate in today's morning skate.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Okay, first I said he skated yesterday because I thought I had read it.

Then I read that he didn't

Now I find this,

"“It might have been in the game, but I'm not quite sure because he skated yesterday,” (Tocchet) said. “I don't know the exact timeline. That's why I don't want to speculate whether it's this time or whatever.”

He skated yesterday but did not participate in today's morning skate.

Yeah the timeline is that he skated on his own yesterday. Still didn't feel right and went for an MRI. Reporters caught wind something was up when he didn't appear at practice today. Tocchet confirmed he's day-to-day, won't play today, and didn't skate.

That's all the concrete information we have.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Yeah the timeline is that he skated on his own yesterday. Still didn't feel right and went for an MRI. Reporters caught wind something was up when he didn't appear at practice today. Tocchet confirmed he's day-to-day, won't play today, and didn't skate.

“He will play. You know he’ll play! He’ll play on crutches! He will play! And he’ll play at Bridgestone Arena on Friday night!”

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
The key to the game will be clearing the front of the net and making sure we clean up loose pucks around the front of the net. DeSmith is good a making the first save but his rebound control and covering pucks is where he struggles.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

Are we sure the MRI was after? If so, damn. Devastating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad