GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
He made glaring errors often... but honestly the fans were so hard on him I think it made him nervous to screw up. Even live.

He wasn't paid all that much and was playing shut down minutes on the first pairing with Ohlund. He played the PP and was incredible at holding the line. Like he made plays at the line consistently that were mind blowing. Had an accurate wrist shot which he could get through to the goalie almost all the time and was a good skater. Weak on his skates at times and was prone to big gaffs. But he was far more valuable than his contract and played a lot of minutes for us. Good passer too and would put up 30-40 points.

Not surprised to learn he dealt with alcoholism and anxiety during those times as he seemed nervous all the time and almost jittery in interviews. Loved the guy though. He was challenged in Chicago to become a defensive defenseman in order to stay in the league and he became a great one. Shot blocking dynamo and a solid 5-6 on some good Chicago teams.

Seems like a really good guy off the ice nowadays advocating for mental health and played a big role in supporting Kyle Beach in that fiasco.

Bruh you just said you liked Jovo
was mostly just listing off names

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yup. Hoping for big games tonight by Ohlund and Jovo. We need to shutdown Ronning and Walker.

Mike Dunham has been awesome for the Preds but hopefully Naslund and Cassels can score some goals past him.

Seriously. Pettersson better get some points tonight. If we have any serious ambitions about going far...you need to have the killer instinct to take out the Preds.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
The U2 Intro actually dates back to the WCE Era in the early 2000s. I believe we started using it during the 2002-2003 season.

EDIT:

You can definitely hear it here as they step on the ice - Game 7, Round 2, 2003.

This bought tears to my eyes.

Dammit I f***ing love this team.

Dan Cloutier “he’s been lit up 11 goals in the last 39 shots”. f*** me lol

Even Cloutier and his 11 goals in 39 shots. OMFG lol :bb:

What an awful defensive game by our forwards. Yuck.

Could we have won it all .... :hit::hockey::stanley:

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
They need to be ready tonight. Nashville will definitely want to come out strong and put in a full effort, especially on any powerplays they get. Ideally, we get a lead early and keep pressure throughout.

I'm still beating a dead horse but wish Tocchet would stick with the Lotto line. We need something to get Pettersson going. Keep Lindholm with Joshua/Garland although I do think a line of Hoglander/Lindholm/Suter could be very good.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
They need to be ready tonight. Nashville will definitely want to come out strong and put in a full effort, especially on any powerplays they get. Ideally, we get a lead early and keep pressure throughout.

I'm still beating a dead horse but wish Tocchet would stick with the Lotto line. We need something to get Pettersson going. Keep Lindholm with Joshua/Garland although I do think a line of Hoglander/Lindholm/Suter could be very good.

You'd think that a 11m+ player would be able to hold his own but no - we have to move players and mess with the lineup to get him going.

Surely he's banged up or something. There's no way he's healthy, his body language and demeanour just screams something is wrong

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yes yes wait WTF is Kariya doing on the Preds?!?
1403566835000-PeterForsberg11.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: supercanuck

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

We are long past disrupting other line chemistry to "get Pettersson going". He's either going to figure it out, or not. There's no reason to break up our best two lines that had great first playoffs games to try to accommodate Pettersson's lackluster play.

I'd put Mikheyev back up there because he's at least had some success with him in the last couple seasons and Lafferty belongs nowhere near a top-six spot, but that's about it.

Reactions: wonton15 and DFAC

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Podz in for PDG please - and move Mikheyev up to Peteys line

Suter- Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Pettersson - Mikheyev
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Podkolzin - Bleuger - Lafferty

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Will be interesting to see if Nashville changes their game plan..( a lot of stretch passes last game)..Maybe we see some goals by our top 6 tonight.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Pettersson is scoring tonight. He’s way too good of a playoff performer to stay off the sheet. Him and Hoglander will show up tonight

Reactions: Lindgren

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
That seems so wrong. "Linden in an Isles jersey" wrong.

Honestly Linden in an isles jersey is way easier to look at than Linden in a Capitals jersey. 20 games over 2 seasons, I always forget he was even there.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Will be interesting to see if Nashville changes their game plan..( a lot of stretch passes last game)..Maybe we see some goals by our top 6 tonight.

They are apparently juggling lines in their bottom six (which is the entire line-up outside the top-line, really) and are going to target different match-ups. I'm not sure they really have another gear in terms of how they move the puck up ice, that is sort of their bread and butter so I don't really see a massive stylistic change from them incoming.

Biggest question mark for this evening is if Saros shows back up and puts on a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad