GDT: WCQF Game 5 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 10:00 PM EST | FSD / NBCSN / TSN / PRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actual Thought*

Bert makes more sense on that line if Babs isn't going to go all in and throw Mule with Hank and Pavel. And as I stated before...just reunite Sammy, Mule and Hank and then have Bert with Pavel and Flip. Cleary shouldn't be in the top 6...not exactly breaking news to anyone.

In general, I really liked Bert out there...he's already a more impactful guy on the ice than Cleary or even Samuelsson. Sammy is supposed to be a shooter and he still can't hit the net. Bert is at least capable of scoring of an ugly goal and he doesn't look like he's skating in cement. You need toughness around the net and mobility. He can stay on this team into next year if he can still prove to be presence when he's on the ice...Cleary and Sammy can go *something* *something*.

It's more of an issue to address in the offseason but no more Quincey and Smith together. That pair is a friggin' circus. Smith is skilled but he looks like he's got feet for hands when it comes to just the simple art of the first pass out of the zone.
Agreed. When he got that boarding penalty he looked at the ref as if to say "I barely touched the guy". "I am huge, what do you expect"? The guy plays heavier than his hugeness. :handclap:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So what did White do to get in the doghouse so seriously? And here I thought he was a pretty good defender all these years.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
So what did White do to get in the doghouse so seriously? And here I thought he was a pretty good defender all these years.

He did make some public comments when he was initially made a healthy scratch...That might have sealed his fate with Babs

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI
Really concerned about this game, as we have seen all season the Wings are not very good when traveling to and from the West Coast. These are not optimal conditions for us going to and from Anaheim within a short period of time.

I'm not surprised about no line up changes either, Samuelsson did a serviceable job last game. He moved the puck in somewhat difficult situations at times against Anaheim. Both the 1st and 2nd lines need to step it up if we are to win the game. Jimmy needs to play like he did last game.

I'm a little frustrated about Tootoo getting no playing time, as he usually delivers one quality offensive chance per game. Anybody else think it's ironic that he left Nashville for this reason and then gets the same treatment in Detroit?

Definitely sucks. I'm a big Toots fan, I want to see him play. Makes you wonder what his role will be next year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really concerned about this game, as we have seen all season the Wings are not very good when traveling to and from the West Coast. These are not optimal conditions for us going to and from Anaheim within a short period of time.

I'm not surprised about no line up changes either, Samuelsson did a serviceable job last game. He moved the puck in somewhat difficult situations at times against Anaheim. Both the 1st and 2nd lines need to step it up if we are to win the game. Jimmy needs to play like he did last game.

I'm a little frustrated about Tootoo getting no playing time, as he usually delivers one quality offensive chance per game. Anybody else think it's ironic that he left Nashville for this reason and then gets the same treatment in Detroit?

Tootoo has been in the league for what 8 years? He is a bottom six player, guy should have demanded and learned how to play on the PK. But he didn't and it makes him an expendable depth guy whenever these debates come up. Some of that falls on Tootoo himself and if he cannot see that, then it is hard to take him complaining about it.

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
He did make some public comments when he was initially made a healthy scratch...That might have sealed his fate with Babs

That has to be it. Of course he wasn't that good without St. Nick out there with him. But he WASN'T LASHOFF BAD when he was on the ice this year. I'd much rather have CC or White in for Lashoff. But I'm a stupid idiot who knows nothing about hockey.

Bert should also see 5-8 shifts at least with Dats and Z tonight.

BlakKy

Nov 4, 2010
Toronto
Getzlaf and other big forwards take ****s on White in corners.
...but then again Lashoff just gives it up clean.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I think this will be the best game of the series. I expect the Wings to put together a really solid game and I don't expect the Ducks to fold either. Which ever team wants it more...

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI

They didn't have problem trading Huskins after they signed DD...why didn't Kenny just flip White for a cheese sa'mich and be done with it?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
They didn't have problem trading Huskins after they signed DD...why didn't Kenny just flip White for a cheese sa'mich and be done with it?

Especially when you consider they could've gotten a 2nd or 3rd round pick from the right team needing a d-man that shoots right and can play the PP.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
real good>>>pretty good

That's true.

Yeah, I don't think Babcock would take kindly to that. Not one bit.
that's why i think holland should have traded him for a 3rd round pick or something.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago

Somebody posted on the main board series talk, that there was a newspaper article implying that White was not on board with change in philosophy that Babcock discussed prior to 2/13 Blues game, and has since been "iced".

From the post it sounded like more than Whites public complaints. If true perhaps that was related to the reason for White going public. There was also some discussion of Whites reputation for being a less than ideal teammate, along with a link to an excerpt from the Gare Joyce book.

It was definitley a good discussion though I have no idea of how seriously to take it. I tried to find the newspaper article , but did not have a lot of time and did not follow up.

I think the poster who mentioned it has been on this board (not surprisingly) perhaps they can chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad