WCQF Game 5: Colorado Avalanche @ Nashville Predators | 9:30 PM ET | SN360, TVAS, NBCSN, FS-TN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The main reason behind the no kicking rule is player safety. Skate blades raised off the ice with a goaltender's arms/legs/face in the vicinity is just dangerous. But a play like this where the skate was never elevated off the ice doesn't have that issue. So I'd be in favor of the rule being re-written so kicking motions are allowed as long as the skate stays on the ice.

That seems like a happy medium. Although honestly the rule is already kind of written like that.

Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot or deliberately
batted with any part of the attacking player’s body. With the use of a
foot/skate, was a distinct kicking motion evident? If so, the apparent
goal must be disallowed. A DISTINCT KICKING MOTION is one
which, with a pendulum motion, the player propels the puck with his
skate into the net. If the Video Goal Judge determines that it was put
into the net by an attacking player using a distinct kicking motion, it
must be ruled NO GOAL.

Pendulum motion would certainly imply that the stake needs to come up and go back down for it to be considered a distinct kicking motion.

Honestly with the rule written as it is it seems like a really easy call to overturn in this on.

2-1 though now lol.

Goal might not even matter!

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
I've played soccer for 20+ years and on some high level as well. That was not a kick. That looked like somebody trying to stop a ball who has just started playing soccer. If THIS is how you kick a ball then I question if YOU ever played soccer.

Does Napoli count? Asking for a friend....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad