Post-Game Talk: WCQF - Game 5 - Colorado at Nashville - NSH Leads 3-2 - 4/20/18 8:30 Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
he's good at that. hope he feels like the ass that he is. that play that led to a 2 on 1 and the GWG with a minute and a half left is inexcuseable. that was the dumbest or most selfish hockey play ive seen in all of this years playoffs. not sure which it is.

I think he thought the Avs player was going to shoot the puck and probably dove to block the shot but then thought he might get hit in the face w/ the puck and so flopped over on his stomach instead not realizing that the Avs player didn't shoot the puck until after he had flopped like a fish.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think that you're right. He went down for a block and his skates gave out. He should've just played the body, IMO. MacKinnon is very shifty and probably would've largely avoided such contact, but just about any coverage with his body or his stick likely would've better than making himself a traffic cone for MacKinnon to skate around.
Tbh the going down wrong doesn't bother me, it happens. What bothers me is him swimming around and laying there watching the play like you might see some kid do.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Tbh the going down wrong doesn't bother me, it happens. What bothers me is him swimming around and laying there watching the play like you might see some kid do.

It's easy to understand why that's frustrating to see, but that aspect of it had literally no impact on the play. The desire to go down early, and trying to figure out what the rest of the Predators on the ice were doing on that play, did. Way too much defensive zone time in the crucial time period after the goal. Pitiful way to end the game.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i have a quick question about Johansen. I remember watching him with CBJ and being impressed by his skating and speed. Ive watched a few of your games this series and it looks like he is incapable of skating with any sort of pace.

1. am i crazy?
2. is this injury related?
3. something else?

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
This team just better score first and often and keep on scoring/don't let up for the next game cause our defense has been more troubling to watch more than anything this year.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's easy to understand why that's frustrating to see, but that aspect of it had literally no impact on the play. The desire to go down early, and trying to figure out what the rest of the Predators on the ice were doing on that play, did. Way too much defensive zone time in the crucial time period after the goal. Pitiful way to end the game.
Of course it didnt but it makes him look like a sorry ass fool.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Of course it didnt but it makes him look like a sorry ass fool.

He has a penchant for that. Like the breakaway goal the Penguins (I think) had at the home game in November where he ended up sliding down the ice in the opposite direction after blowing a tire. Stuff like that is easy to latch on to.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Guys just need to win one game. If they can't muster up their best effort to win one more game then they really don't desire to get pass this round imo. This is a team sport and for the team to win they are going to need a team effort and everybody pulling their weight and putting up their best effort. I'll let this game fly but if they come out flat and lackluster the next game and not a game where they are fighting for their lives to get a win then this team wouldn't get far in the playoffs anyways. The difference between this team and last year's team is last year's team was clicking on all cyclinders, fighting for their lives and for each other to win and had something to prove to the world/had a chip on their shoulder since nobody thought they would even get pass the first round. It's that effort, will, desperation, and determination to win no matter what that we need. We need that kind of team to show up next game. A team that wants to win and prove everybody wrong. Not this uninspiring hockey. A team w/ killer instinct and wanting to finish teams off and not going to leave the ice without a fight/win kind of attitude. A team that is determined to win no matter what and isn't going to leave w/o a fight/win.

Last edited:

void

Jan 5, 2006
I agree this Lavi on this. PK messed up on the first goal but the second one wasn't his fault.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I agree this Lavi on this. PK messed up on the first goal but the second one wasn't his fault.

that goal was on PK as much as anyone. lavy isn't saying any names specific. no shit our defenseman are active but that doesn't mean make a wreckless play when there isn't even a lane or scoring opportunity available. put it down low.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011

I agree. Even with how bad that play was by PK where are the other guys on the team? Watching the puck/play happen probably. That is where the team effort comes in. Need all our guys to step up and not just a few. Too many passengers on this team right now and guys not playing as a team. They need to wake the f*** up and start playing w/ some passion, will, and determination.

Last edited:

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Subban and his teammates were on the tail end of a hard shift, PK got bodied with a great move by one of the best players in the league and made a desperation move he's used many times successfully. That "fish" move has worked well many times. Why was Landeskog wide open? What was Ellis doing? Why was Rinne so out of it. Why was scissons behind the net? Just one of those shifts that break down in a bad way. Outshot the opposition by nearly 20 shots, to put the blame on one defensive miscue or one player is baffling...and a belief system by a person who is new to the sport. Nashville got hamburglared.

Reactions: Tex76 and Emily

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Subban and his teammates were on the tail end of a hard shift, PK got bodied with a great move by one of the best players in the league and made a desperation move he's used many times successfully. That "fish" move has worked well many times. Why was Landeskog wide open? What was Ellis doing? Why was Rinne so out of it. Why was scissons behind the net? Just one of those shifts that break down in a bad way. Outshot the opposition by nearly 20 shots, to put the blame on one defensive miscue or one player is baffling...and a belief system by a person who is new to the sport. Nashville got hamburglared.
No they didnt they beat themselves. Yeah sure we had a ton of shots, but most of those were shots a CHL goalie can make all day long. Way too many perimeter shots with zero traffic.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
This team needs to stop worrying about what the other team is doing but about what they aren't doing, which is putting their best effort for all 60 mins and never letting up.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
No they didnt they beat themselves. Yeah sure we had a ton of shots, but most of those were shots a CHL goalie can make all day long. Way too many perimeter shots with zero traffic.

The shot chart would disagree with you. Hammond came up huge tonight. It's as simple as that.

kXBVuct.png

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i am already seeing it and cannot wait for everyone to defend PK. "well X player could have done this" or "what about X player not.." .. it's like clockwork. never PK's fault. it's hartnell's slow ass not getting back for the 2 on 1. nevermind the horrendous play with the puck PK made. nevermind his absolute embarrassing snow angel on the game tying goal. but what about X player? wah wah. im signing off after this post till after game 6. i am still livid. the sooner PK and his 9 million dollar contract are off the team, the better. there's so much better that can be done with that money. on top of the fact, he is a step slower this year and i just cannot take too much more of his jack ass moves with the puck. anyone that wants to defend PK "Norris finalist" Subban just @ me in the observations thread or series thread. ill read it in a couple of days and you can try to lecture me on how it wasn't all his fault (no shit hockey is a team game). of course X player can cover for subban's f*** up. both goals started w/ subban's horrible decision making. that is the point. goodnight.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
We need a team that isn't just wanting to win the game but to finish teams off. A team w/ some killer instinct. A team that isn't going to leave w/o a win or at least die trying and right now that is what I see missing from this team compared to last year. Last year team had a chip on their shoulder. This team not so much. They need to get back to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
i am already seeing it and cannot wait for everyone to defend PK. "well X player could have done this" or "what about X player not.." .. it's like clockwork. never PK's fault. it's hartnell's slow ass not getting back for the 2 on 1. nevermind the horrendous play with the puck PK made. nevermind his absolute embarrassing snow angel on the game tying goal. but what about X player? wah wah. im signing off after this post till after game 6. i am still livid. the sooner PK and his 9 million dollar contract are off the team, the better. there's so much better that can be done with that money. on top of the fact, he is a step slower this year and i just cannot take too much more of his jack ass moves with the puck. anyone that wants to defend PK "Norris finalist" Subban just @ me in the observations thread or series thread. ill read it in a couple of days and you can try to lecture me on how it wasn't all his fault (no **** hockey is a team game). of course X player can cover for subban's **** up. both goals started w/ subban's horrible decision making. that is the point. goodnight.

Yes Subban needs to step up this game too. His weak ass plays aren't going to cut it but imo everybody needs to step up their game and not just him. Except for a few players, alot of our players are playing weak and its not just him. He needs to step up his game and grow a pair but so does the rest of the team. Imo Subban played his best hockey last year because he was traded and so probably had a chip on his shoulder because of it and wanted to prove his naysayers wrong. Now that they are the favorites it's harder to play w/ that edge or chip on your shoulder. They need to get back to that. That team had something to prove. This team doesn't seem to have something to prove but seems to be coasting right now and that will likely cost them to get bounced early if they aren't careful. I would take the hustle from last year's team over this year's team anyday. Last years team just had a determination in them and something to prove and was just clicking on all cycles. This team seems to be playing to not lose rather than a team playing to win/determined to win. This team needs to stop reading their headline clippings and start getting to work and play like a team w/ something to prove. Last year's team played hard/non stop for 60 mins and never let their foot off the pedal. They were constantly moving and buzzing for all 60 mins and never let up and that worn teams down (just like Avs seems to be doing to us now). This team has yet to play a full 60 min game on both ends of the ice where they never let their foot off the pedal from start to finish. That is the biggest difference I see between this team and last year's team. The team last year, they were going full throttle and winning battles and busting their butts for all 60 mins. I just don't see the same effort and desire in this team on a consistent basics like last year.

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
This is eerily close to a Scott Darling can’t ever figure him out until it’s too late series for me. They are going to go to a game 7 guys and against a goalie that will be in their heads. It’s just not looking good at all. This team had better make some changes in the offseason or it’s going to be another 2 decades until they are legitimate contenders again. The Hartman trade was a huge mistake and that 1st round pick would be a nice asset in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad