Post-Game Talk: WCQF - Game 5 - Colorado at Nashville - NSH Leads 3-2 - 4/20/18 8:30 Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Man, if somebody would've shot there at the end. Maybe we could've tied it.

Hammond was a wall. The Avs were so clucth but we helped them by turtling the minute we got the lead.

Not looking forward to Game 6. I think we're gonna see a Game 7.

I can see us winning this in Denver so long as we show up for a period or two, but we really need to up our game for the Jets. Not taking anything away from Hammond, but the number of shots masks how few were really scoring opportunities.... even in the third the guys that won the presidents trophy were nowhere to be seen.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Last year you just had a feeling about the team, you knew they had something special going on.

This team doesn't have that. I mean, they have the raw talent to win without having whatever that special luck is, but the effort isn't their. It's like they came in expecting to win, feeling entitled to another shot at the Cup.

The fire isn't burning in them. But all it takes is one spark to get a fire going...
This team is going nowhere. That's obvious.

Reactions: predfan98

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
DSSL... another game or two to try to find their mojo. If they had won this one they'd have just kept coasting into a disaster against the Jets. Still getting awfully late, but maybe a tense game or the Avs stretching it to 7 will actually wake these guys up. :help:
It's game 5 of the playoffs. WYSIWYG at this point. We're not the team we were last postseason.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I think it is time to break up that 2nd line that has done nothing but take penalties. Turris has been awful. He was suppose to be the guy who takes us over the top and Bonino has been better than him. We need some dam effort here. Defensemen have zero goals even though Josi had a hell of a game. They are playing freakin scared to lose. Good news is that we are up 3-2. We can win it we just have to show it

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Subban was making a snow angel on the ice on the tying goal and was behind Hammond when the puck went the other way for the game winner. He basically cost the team the game. Maybe being named as a finalist for the Norris yesterday went to his head and he was determined to be the hero by creating the game winner. Well, I guess that he accomplished it.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
It's game 5 of the playoffs. WYSIWYG at this point. We're not the team we were last postseason.

That is because we are the favorite not and not the underdog. We had nothing to lose last year now we have everything to lose. It happens all the time to teams as they play not to lose instead of to win.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
yup ive seen enough personally. colorado has been the better team 3 of 5 games with a lot of key guys out. we just got beat by their 3rd string goalie at home in an elimination game for them. we just don't have it. it's not negativity when we have watched this team every night and talked about these guys year round. give me the depleted roster from last years finals over these turds.

Reactions: Index and Armourboy

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
nqb8i.jpg
[/IMG]
nqb8i.jpg

Reactions: Armourboy

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Subban was making a snow angel on the ice on the tying goal and was behind Hammond when the puck went the other way for the game winner. He basically cost the team the game. Maybe being named as a finalist for the Norris yesterday went to his head and he was determined to be the hero by creating the game winner. Well, I guess that he accomplished it.
subban doesn't care. he's overrated as hell.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
The moment Bonino's goal was ruled good we started to play about half as hard. MacKinnon, who we had managed to shut down all night, immediately had a dominant shift.

Man this sucks.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The lack of finish and getting in front of Hammond is the biggest reason we lost this game but PK has to feel like a fool right now. He looked like a clown on both those goals.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I'm not defending the Preds loss in any eay, but why the heck are any Pens fans chirping us on the main board? Short term memory loss on 4/20?

You are brave for venturing on the main boards right now! All the haters will be out...

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Didn't watch the game and so didn't see how Hartnell looked out there. Guessing from the outcome; he was either not good or non existent. Welp I'm guessing Hartman will be back in game 6 and Hartnell out.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Didn't watch the game and so didn't see how Hartnell looked out there? Guessing from the outcome; not good. Welp I'm guessing Hartman will be back in game 6 and Hartnell out.
He wasnt bad, just didnt do much.

Frankly at this point they need to bench Fiala, hes just been absolute garbage that has been set on fire, pissed on, and buried.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If it makes anybody feel better, Penguins lost too so it's not just us. Guys better come out w/ desperate next game though, have a complete 60 minute effort, and just find a way to win.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
He wasnt bad, just didnt do much.

Frankly at this point they need to bench Fiala, hes just been absolute garbage that has been set on fire, pissed on, and buried.
Hartnell was the one who decided to follow PK down low before Subban turned it over and then couldn’t get back to cover the odd man rush. His lumbering ass cost us on their game winner.

Reactions: ObscureAlien
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad