Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
calgary_flames_2000.jpg.cf02237411019b3ca21067c7268fba6d.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If it does and Keith plays well again you should change your user name to KeithIsActuallyGood
;)

Seriously though, props to Duncan. He's playing like he's 30 again and it's beautiful to watch!
Vets know when to turn it on and when the money is. he did the same thing in the play ins. He wasn't even that good that season, but soon as that series hit. Smith is dialed in more for the big time as well. Vets that care tend to be like that. Look at guys like Corey Perry. Always knows when to dial it up. Warriors. That said Doughty would be a monster right now, we're fortunate that way. Could you imagine Doughty getting another chance at playoffs? He would be all over it. Hopefully he gets a chance next season, against Calgary..

forlecious commander

Apr 11, 2022
Wilkins said the family will be at Games 3 and 4. Nice.
2 wins for Ben
Kinda rhymes

First goal is important as always. The Kings did not respond well last game when we got them on their heels.

Realistically, all we need to do is stay even at 5v5, and our special teams advantage should carry us to victory.
If we come out hitting like we did, we got this. McDavid and Drai are hitting and others are following. Kassian almost back to 2017 . Bigggg win tonight

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Do the Kings even have any sandpaper players available that they could insert into the lineup for this game?

I was honestly a little shocked to see how bold and mouthy Durzi was being to Nurse in the box in the first period of last game.... Nurse would fold him and any other player on the Kings Game 2 lineup no questions asked

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Rap is 'generally' regional to the coasts. Understandable most people away from the coasts aren't big into hip hop culture. Musical tastes have always been sort of a reflection of the culture they live in.

Sort of like grunge being from Seattle, and bluegrass from down south.

Living in Montreal, I haven't actually heard rap since I moved here after the 06 cup run. Montreal is still very much a Rock n Roll / Heavy Metal city, but for some crazy unbeknownst reason to me, the kids are all listening to K-Pop.

Anyways..

WIN PLZ! My bowels can't stomach another loss!
K-Pop you say? Only one and a half billion views and counting!

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
First goal is important as always. The Kings did not respond well last game when we got them on their heels.

Realistically, all we need to do is stay even at 5v5, and our special teams advantage should carry us to victory.
This game is a big ask for the Doughtyless Kings. Was watching Colorado last couple games and as much as their bravado the dangerous scoring club is the Oilers in the WC. We're the hardest to contain offense and we should be. Was pathetic wathing how hard it was for Colorado to solve Preds last night when we dump on that clown club everytime.

Continuing the physical play is the answer. Put the pucks in places where you can hammer the Kings D. Wears them down. But history of playoff hockey tends to be that the opponent is better after getting blown out in a game so should be an interesting game. Kings also get to line match, not that McLellan is very good at it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Do the Kings even have any sandpaper players available that they could insert into the lineup for this game?

I was honestly a little shocked to see how bold and mouthy Durzi was being to Nurse in the box in the first period of last game.... Nurse would fold him and any other player on the Kings Game 2 lineup no questions asked
They're just not configured that way in present day. Which again is why Doughty being out is such a big deal to that club. In terms of an org they went to a speed/skills format. They can hit and grind but not to the level the Oilers can hit. (when we do) I think they should dress Bjornfot on D, maybe Movarare as well on D. They could really use somebody like Nemo, which lol we're not even dressing. I like the banging in hockey. I preferred the former Kings version. But guys like Grundstrom, lemieux usually bring more physicality but they kind of backed off it seems. Kopitar is still a beast. So strong on pucks. I think the Kings were hoping Byfield was more physical. They could really use a Kane. We gots the big guns. Kane was such a great add to the lineup. Makes the Oilers so hard to contend with.

Durzi is a good kid. This isn't his cup of tea but as much as anybody he's trying to fill the huge boots. So he's trying to do everything he senses the team needs. He's in over his head but I gotta admire the try in the kid.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Fired up for the game. This is a huge one for the momentum of the series. I feel good about our chances tonight with how we played in G2. Need a mature, responsible road effort,oh and keep hitting their D every chance we get

Will be interesting to see the line matching that Tmac goes for with last change

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Great job on the GDT!

Kings going to come out flying and play hard tonight. Going to be a tough game. We need to not only match but exceed their intensity and wear them down. Expected a hard fought, low scoring game.

Of course I could be totally wrong. As long as we win I don't really care how we get there.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Prescription for tonight:
- Continue to play with an edge. Hammer the Young King's D. Continue to force their mistakes.
- Take a Penalty if need be to send a message. Trigger game management, turn this into a Special teams battle where we have the distinct advantage.
- Conservatism and calm in our own end and in breaking out. There's no need to force things, we have the talent to break through eventually. The Kings can only generate what we give them.
- Shot execution needs to be on point. The top half of Quick's net is up for grabs but we got to bury them.
- Traffic, chaos in front of Quick and it may not matter if we bury perfect shots. Just get in his grill, he can't stop what he can't see.
- Speed through the neutral zone. Can't be flat-footed, we break down their D if we blast past it. Best way to do this is backcheck like animals and turn that puck around fast.

My prediction tonight: A dominant but tighter game. I think a bit of our puck luck dries up tonight but it won't matter in the end. 3-1 Oil. LETS GO!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Thanks for the answers you and @perfect drug and @North Cole. I actually find a lot of music through movies, programs so that makes sense. I mean I have liked some rap. Beastie Boys, that sorta thing. I think its a limited format but.

Music can so much put mood in a show, any type of mood. One of the greatest scenes, jmo was Rust Cohle going into the Biker Club with this track playing..

ps this great track was recorded in 2006. heh When I listen to this my whole neighborhood does.

This is the kind of yelling at clouds I liked in an edgy track. heh.

Honey Bucket is their best song. Hooch and Queen are phenomenal as well. If you haven't checked them out and like this, give them a try.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I always remember Don Cherry ranting about not embarrassing other teams (think what you will about him). How often do you see a team get hammered in the playoffs then come back and win the next game? I feel like it happens all the time. Definitely worried about tonight but hope we can pull out a win.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

He knows it too as while Durzi is smack talking losing his shit, Nurse just keeps his shit eating grin on his face.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad