GDT: WCQF - Game #2 : Oilers host Kings on May the Fourth be with us @8pm MT | ESPN2, CBC, SN, TVAS, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
A good start and the first goal is critical or we fold like a cheap suit mentally, as usual.
Strange comment given the Oilers have been getting scored on first all year and still winning. But agreed anyways, they should stop having to do that.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I'm not nervous at all oddly enough. I'm calm as a May morning right now. I was furious after we lost game 2 to the Jets. I turned my TV off, tossed my remote on the carpet and went to bed knowing that there was no chance they were going to win and were likely to get swept. I'm rarely right about anything but was last year.

I mean... The team is better than last year but if we lose game 2 this year again, there's a 90% chance we won't win it. Regardless of what happens, I'm going to keep myself calm either way unlike the previous 2 years.
Well said! Best way to be!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Oilers winless in playoff games called by Harnaryan Singh

Undefeated in playoff games called by Jack Michaels

WWW.CHANGE.ORG/BRINGBACKJACK

Lots of superstitious people in hockey but having said that I thought Harnaryan gave a solid call last game, maybe if he amps it up one more notch we can break the curse. Go crazy tonight and get the energy flowing!

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
hahaha. If I had a dollar for every time someone said this, only to then see the Oilers lose.
No need for "someone", if I would have gotten a dollar for every time I said this, only to see Oilers lose... :oops:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The Oilers have the ability to absolutely blow the doors off LA tonight--I'm talking 7-1, 8-2 territory. But the defense need to transition and control gaps way better, at least long enough to allow the offense to put LA away by mid-2nd period. That Mike Smith needs to play miles better just goes without saying.
Post automatically merged:

How to ruin May 4th in one video.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm literally crying from laughing at the last two memes.

hahaha. If I had a dollar for every time someone said this, only to then see the Oilers lose.
You'd have 7 dollars.

I'm not nervous at all oddly enough. I'm calm as a May morning right now. I was furious after we lost game 2 to the Jets. I turned my TV off, tossed my remote on the carpet and went to bed knowing that there was no chance they were going to win and were likely to get swept. I'm rarely right about anything but was last year.

I mean... The team is better than last year but if we lose game 2 this year again, there's a 90% chance we won't win it. Regardless of what happens, I'm going to keep myself calm either way unlike the previous 2 years.
That was me after Game 3 last year. My wife sent me to bed early because she was fed up about my bitching.

Oilers winless in playoff games called by Harnaryan Singh

Undefeated in playoff games called by Jack Michaels

WWW.CHANGE.ORG/BRINGBACKJACK

Lots of superstitious people in hockey but having said that I thought Harnaryan gave a solid call last game, maybe if he amps it up one more notch we can break the curse. Go crazy tonight and get the energy flowing!
Hasn't Jack called all these games on the radio?

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Do the Oilers win tonight?

1651679171140.jpeg

Ya baby!!

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Welcome to the dark side, friend.

I already feel apathetic about this series, and about the team. I'll be honest, I actually briefly dozed off in the third because the Oilers were generating nothing and woke up to see the Kings had taken the lead. I felt nothing. No surprise, no disappointment, nothing. Nothing in game 1 convinced me that this team is different from years past. Another game that was there for the taking in the late stages and they blew it because once again they couldn't generate any offense in the third period and the depth was once again non-existent.
You must resist KIJO...you must resist...

You must unlearn what you have learned...

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just to note tickets seem to be on sale today (resales) relative to what they were before series started. Spotted tickets as low as 176bucks today. Some devaluation seems to have occurred. For those inclined to go the asking prices are much lower for game 2. Hopefully people get to see a much better result.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Right now, I think our chance to win this series is 25%.
If we win tonight, it goes back up to 50%.
If we lose tonight, it's likely 0%.

Nice work.
I'm not too worried. We outplayed them first game and deserved to win. Smith needs to dumb it down a bit.

You know, we outplayed the Jets last year too. Infact we LEAD most of those games.
We mostly outplayed the Hawks too.

The problem (just like the last 2 times) is they have the better goalie, and we lack the ability to 'lock it down'.

Even if we win this series, this is likely the only series we have a chance at winning (and its a slim chance at best). We are FAR FAR away from being a cup contender by virtue of having the worst goalie in the entire playoffs for a 3rd straight year.

Cinderella runs are done by teams with Carey Price in net. Or JS Giguere, or Duane Roloson getting insanely hot. Or Halak. In the rare occasion a young underscouted fresh goalie like Binnington, Cam Ward or Matt Murray will make runs.

Going into the playoffs with Mike Smith in net, was like those stacked Senators teams going into the playoffs with Patrick Lalime, or Ray Emery. Even when they were the favorites to win, they lost to the Leafs backed by CuJo.

We will be lucky to win a round against a shitty Kings team, because even a 'past-his-prime' Jonathan Quick is better than who we have in our net.

For the 3rd straight year, we are "out-goalied" in the 1st round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad