Post-Game Talk: WCQF- Game 1- Preds @ Nucks 4/21 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Waking up every morning is a blessing.

Waking up this morning I'm still pissed about last night though. That was December Perds for sure.

Lauzon and Carrier were f***ing awful.
It wasn’t as bad but Lauzon getting bodied off the puck on the 3rd goal was reminiscent of Benn just pushing Ellis out of the way in that series a few years back.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
That's just it though. Our forecheck has been fantastic even against the top teams. it wasn't last night.
I noticed there was almost as much effort to finish the check as there was towards puck pursuit. I know that's important in the playoffs, but if your 2 steps behind because you landed a hit does it really help us much?

Reactions: triggrman

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
I noticed there was almost as much effort to finish the check as there was towards puck pursuit. I know that's important in the playoffs, but if your 2 steps behind because you landed a hit does it really help us much?
I did not see any preds making hits . I saw preds getting hit. They stayed on their skates , and putting preds on their ass.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I remember being mad at all the liberties the Jets team a few years back was allowed to take, and this so far reminds me of that. It is what it is wrt to NHL playoff hockey. The thing is, if that's the standard, then our guys will need to adjust and start playing that way more also. Which we didn't do against the Jets and I'm not sure we have the appetite to do now either.

For Vancouver, I mean, as long as they can get away with it, why stop, it's going to work well for them in all likelihood.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
For all the bitching about what looked bad last night, this was our game to lose well into the third, where we have generally excelled this year.

And yet we blew it. Frustrating. Maddening.

But, as Steve always reminded us, you're never really in trouble until you lose one at home. So I'll bitch about Saros until he steals game 2.

czechczech

Dec 10, 2014
Hoping Brunette can get things cleaned up for Game 2.

PP entries and movement need to be better. I know we were top 5 the 2nd half of the season, but not good last night in spite of getting one.
Fix sight lines for Saros. Did the Preds(17/82/21) provide a triple screen on the Nucks 2nd goal?

Come on boys - you're better than last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad