GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2021
Time to read what I’m sure will be an incredible PGT

04-antonio-banderas-interview-gq-september-2019-093019.gif

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If the Oilers had a decent goalie, the Kings would have only scored about 4 goals so far in this series. They have barely had any good scoring chances. Not a good situation going forward even if they win the series. You need some quality saves from your goalie to win in the playoffs no matter how good your team is.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
its pretty insane how kopitar/doughty are still playing at such a high level after almost 16 years of playing together. can't think of a longer lasting core playing at a high level for this long since probably those old habs teams from the 40s-70s

You can't think of another group of players? Really?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
If you’re blaming it on Skinner, you need to go back and rewatch the goals LA scored tonight. He didn’t let in any “bad” goals. That’s usually all you can ask from your goalie in the playoffs. Of course it’s nice when they steal you one, but it’s unreasonable to expect that.

Four of those goals were basically odd mans/breakaways. You don't want to give up more than one or two of those in a playoff game. Ideally, none.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Man good hand-eye to get a stick on that but if that's an intentional pass I'm Erik Karlsson's ketchup.

Agreed. In reality, more of a attempt to simply knock it down and negate an icing than some set play. Not sure what the LAK dman was doing passing/shooting that puck in the air, puck must've rolled up on his stick and fluttered.

It worked out perfectly redirecting to an area, esp since Nurse fell asleep at the wheel and let him get position and skate into it.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
P
If you’re blaming it on Skinner, you need to go back and rewatch the goals LA scored tonight. He didn’t let in any “bad” goals. That’s usually all you can ask from your goalie in the playoffs. Of course it’s nice when they steal you one, but it’s unreasonable to expect that.

Four of those goals were basically odd mans/breakaways. You don't want to give up more than one or two of those in a playoff game. Ideally, none.
The broken record is spinning again. Man, no matter how many words you type you can't make Skinner good. He fails the eye test practically every game (including G1) and the analytics test. You will never win a playoff game with .808 SV%.

Personally I blame it on the coaches and management. The evidence is right in front of you. And is he hot? LOL in his last game before playoffs started he posted a .692 SV%.

Reactions: trilobyte

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I know there is no way to track or quantify stats or results...but man would it ever be interesting to track a markets pressure vs it's team/personnel results in high pressure situations.

I honestly feel like teams are going to need to "silo" themselves in the playoffs to reduce the outside miasma of the online world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad