GDT: WCQF | G2 | "Encore" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.24.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Goalies actually are pretty terrible in the league nowadays overall. A lot of good teams think they can run with a bum in goal but find out every year they can't.

The problem is there's not that many good goalies. Someone should have plucked Markstrom out of Calgary, but really beyond him, there's not a whole bunch of above average goaltenders just sitting on bad teams.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That’s an absolutely bat shit insane pass from byfield

I don’t think he intentionally put it right on Kopitars stick but it’s right in his wheelhouse for vision and creativity to be able to try to not only make sure it’s not icing but also get an area pass towards kopi

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Talbot was able to make some big saves in the game and Skinner really didn't make any big saves in the game. Skinner is a solid goalie in most cases but has never shown he can consistently make big saves.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Through 2 games, Skinner's save % is .857, and that's against the lowest scoring team in the Western Conference play-off bracket. That has to be a huge concern for the Oilers if they expect to make it even past the 2nd round. The Oilers could make the finals even with average goaltending, but .850 goaltending is something even McDavid can't overcome.
Draisaitl will have to dive more then

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Through 2 games, Skinner's save % is .857, and that's against the lowest scoring team in the Western Conference play-off bracket. That has to be a huge concern for the Oilers if they expect to make it even past the 2nd round. The Oilers could make the finals even with average goaltending, but .850 goaltending is something even McDavid can't overcome.
The sickest thing is you can post any stat from this year or last year's playoffs and you'll still have at least half the Oiler fans defending that bum. "But he's still developing!". "Come on, the defence is hanging him out to dry!". "Those were all perfect shots!!". It never gets old. A broken record.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Goalies actually are pretty terrible in the league nowadays overall. A lot of good teams think they can run with a bum in goal but find out every year they can't.
Problem is that there is barely any good goalies in the NHL. There is no Luongo, no Lundkvist, no Roy, no Brodeur, no Belfour or Hasek. The good goalies that are playing like Helleybuck or Demko arent workhorses like the names i mentioned. Loungo would play 70 games in regular season and all of the playoff games every year while Demko is injured every year

Reactions: Daishi

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The Kings best chance to win this series is just to shoot everything at Stuart Skinner

He was pulled like 4+ times last playoffs - he hasn't just magically figured it out

And enter the zone and dump the puck on Darnell Nurses side of the ice

Aug 3, 2021
Oooooohweeee going to be some coping tonight in Edmonton.

or should I say koping :naughty:
r8zA7W.gif

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Not a whole lot better. Skinner tonight - .808. DeSmith last night - .800
Kings have better offense than Nashville. Also look at the goals Nashville scored like a rebound on a half empty net due to DeSmith poor positioning or a slow moving puck that was deflected but was still going 5 mph into a half empty bet because DeSmith was too overcommited looking at anotger direction.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I wonder if Skinner's collapse every playoffs is because he's an Edmonton boy who can't handle the pressure of playing elimination games for his hometown team

The problem for them is their other 'NHL goalie' also suffers collapses when things don't go well

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

CONSPIRACY INTENSIFIES

QUINTON WAS THE SECOND SHOOTER ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

To be fair, I was just about to ask what he did, it's a fair question. It's hard to tell if it hit a body or skate or if Byfield redirected it to space without it hitting anything.

It (obviously) doesn't diminish the goal/win, just want to know how it happened. if the latter, what a play.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Spoken like someone who doesn't pay attention to Kings Oilers series. This is going to be a back and forth grind, not one team in control.

It’s most definitely in control of the Kings at the moment, because they stole home ice. Now it’s about taking care of business at home - really not too hard of a concept to grasp I would hope

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Kings have better offense than Nashville. Also look at the goals Nashville scored like a rebound on a half empty net due to DeSmith poor positioning or a slow moving cup that was deflected but was still going 5 mph into a half empty bet because DeSmith was too overcommited looking at anotger direction.

Nashville in fact scored 13 more goals than LA in the regular season. #TheMoreYouKnow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad