Pre-Game Talk: WCQF: Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blues (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well I missed game because of work

Only saw the first few minutes of game (When Rundblad screwed up and then ran into Crawford)

I see Rundblad barely played and got called for a penalty ,, Sounds like he was absolute disaster

How was rest of team?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Only saw the first few minutes of game (When Rundblad screwed up and then ran into Crawford)

I see Rundblad barely played and got called for a penalty ,, Sounds like he was absolute disaster

How was rest of team?

AA had a great game. Panarin had a great game. Panik had a great game. Desi had a great game. TT had a great game. Hossa had a great game. Kaner wasn't showing much really until later in the game in OT's. And then he undressed the entire Blues team in double OT and scored the game winner. Broke Brouwer's ankles with his toe-drag.:laugh: Toews was alright most of it, but was getting involved in the scoring plays more, it seemed, which was good. I thought overall, the Hawks had a decent game, with some dominance at times, but not consistently enough. They absolutely owned the 2nd half of the 2nd period. Wish they all looked that same way throughout the whole game.

Defense was sketchy at times. Rundblad shouldn't be in the lineup again. He didn't play a shift from the end of the 2nd period on I don't think. Had 6 minutes of ice time. Hawks ran 5 D most the night.

Seabs had bad moments, so did Duncs. But both were ok, for the most part. Gus played pretty good, IMO. TVR and Hammer played well, IMO.

Crawford stood on his head. Owned the Blues. He held them in the game in the first OT. His play helped them get to the 2nd OT. Where Kane could work his magic.

All in all, I think the Blues out-played the Hawks, but Hawks got the win out of the resilient core.

Hawks had a lot of great individual performances tonight, but a mediocre one as a team, IMO.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

How was rest of team?

His penalty was a dumb call, he hit a puck in the air out of play and it was called. It did not look like it should have been called. He didn't look like he belonged out there, but honestly he was a hall of famer compared to Seabrook. That might have been the worst, laziest game Seabrook has ever played and that is saying a lot considering his defensive play this year. He looked like he was wearing skates filled with cement. I am wondering if he is injured.

popo

Aug 9, 2005
What got into TT last night? Throwing solid checks, battling in front of the net. Do you think it's a side effect of him just being more aggressive at wing? Possibly it's just him having the fabled Hawks switch?

I noticed Tarasenko knocked TT on his butt a few times in game 4. Made him look small and soft. I think he was responding. There is some grit in that Finnish blood.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Panik was awesome last night

I've grown to be a huge fan of this guy! Love his speed, physical play and skill, needs to finish more but just watching him on the bench and such he KNOWS how important this is and is giving it his all.

Not sure of his contract status but I hope he's back for years to come.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Panik was awesome last night

he was as was Hossa his best game in months.......why oh why it takes Q so long to make alterations is beyond me.

here is what he should do for game 6

panik-JT-Kane
Panarin-AA-Hossa
Ladd-TT-Shaw
Desi/Flash-kruger-weise

keith-seabrook
hammer-TVR
gus-rozy/erhoff

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago

tumblr_lus7s5dre41r2yk6to1_500.gif

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

How was rest of team?

TVR struggled but what do you expect from a 5-6 that Q is forcing to be a 4
Seabrook was not great
weise had a good game as did desi.
kruger was good
mash and bladder should not be on the roster
TT was noticeable
AA had a good game
JT played well but is snakebitten
breadman was good
kaner is coming around
Ladd was alright
Crow was outstanding except the blues 1st goal

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
At the end of the game, Wiedeman and Troy Murray were hailing Seabrook for his play last night. But on here everyone wanted to terminate his contract. I don't know what is what. I haven't watched the whole game since I was working.

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
he was as was Hossa his best game in months.......why oh why it takes Q so long to make alterations is beyond me.

panik-JT-Kane
Panarin-AA-Hossa
Ladd-TT-Shaw
Desi/Flash-kruger-weise

keith-seabrook
hammer-TVR
gus-rozy/erhoff
I actually liked Hossa and Ladd with Kruger as a shutdown line with some offensive punch. And Shaw-Desi-Weise could be a good energy line that eats some minutes.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
At the end of the game, Wiedeman and Troy Murray were hailing Seabrook for his play last night. But on here everyone wanted to terminate his contract. I don't know what is what. I haven't watched the whole game since I was working.

I think what people don't realize about Seabrook is he is such an offensive player it can put him in bad spots, but how many times has his offense bailed us out? He's a big guy who lays hits so people automatically assume he must be a shutdown guy. His game is much more about roving, pushing into the offensive zone and then when it is in our end... separating people from the puck and whipping it out.

There are times he's going to look slow or exposed, it's the nature of the style he plays. Same thing with Karlsson and how people lose their minds when he's caught too far in the offensive zone or makes a bad gaffe. The point is though that those guys create far more value than than allow.

Was it his best game though? No. I thought he was effective when he needed to be though and created a lot of opportunities.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

How was rest of team?

When you get a chance to watch the replay, check out which Blue Kane clowned to get that final play in motion :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

panik-JT-Kane
Panarin-AA-Hossa
Ladd-TT-Shaw
Desi/Flash-kruger-weise

keith-seabrook
hammer-TVR
gus-rozy/erhoff

I'd actually like to see them as follows.

Panik JT Kane
Panarin AA TT
Ladd Shaw Hossa
Desi Kruger Weise

Keith Seabs
Hammer TVR(ON THE RIGHT)
Gus Rozi/Ehr

Great balance there, IMO. That Ladd Shaw Hossa line could be really great possession-wise. Big bodies that are good battlers for the puck on the boards and in the corners, and if Hossa plays like he did last night, they'll have no problem scoring either. All defensively responsible as well.

I think TT looked great ont he wing with AA and Panarin. By far his best game in a long while.

Then you have Desi Kruger and Weise to play a shut down role. Thought Weise looked good last night, and Desi had one of his best games in a long time as well. Kruger was solid, as usual.

And Panik fit well on that top line. He was great with his physical play and speed, getting into the corners and winning battles. I might go out on a limb and say Kane's awakening was due to the space, the speed, and strength/physicality that Panik was providing.

Just my 2 cents.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yep. I really wanna see this guy back next year. He's been outstanding, IMO, in every single game he's played.

If Q sits him again, he needs to be fired for that alone. :laugh:

100% he will be back. He's a nice, cheap option for the 1LW role. I think he can stick. There is something there to work with regarding his skill set.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
100% he will be back He's a nice, cheap option for the 1LW role. I think he can stick. There is something there to work with regarding his skill set.

Big, physical, fast. Great shot. Just needs to work on the puck-handling skills a bit, which can be honed to a more than adequate skill level, IMO. Especially when you have the guy with the best hands/puck handling in the NHL on your team. :handclap:

He could be what everyone wanted Bickell to be after that nice PO run in 12-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad