• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thanks, changed my vote to Blues in 6. I have a feeling about that option for some unknown reason...
I actually had Blues in 6 before the series, but had no idea that Krug, Bortuzzo, Leddy, and Scandella would miss significant games.

I know. The Oilers suck. Cheering for LA.

And the quote of the day goes to......

so, you have no idea why your special teams is bad? Great, that's the HC I want for my team(sarcasm intended).

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Among Wild forwards who took at least 100 faceoffs this season, the best percentages belonged to Nico Sturm and Nick Bjugstad.

Gaudreau was at 50% and JEE 47.6%

Hard to be good on special teams when you start with puck less than half the time.

Ryan O'Reilly in the past six games? 57.1%

Reactions: JBurd1

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It makes all the sense in the world. Fiala has no interest in staying in minnesota. He did what he needed in regular season to get paid elsewhere and of course didnt give a shit about playoffs.
That logic doesn't follow. If he wanted to get a great contract, he would've followed up his great year with an even greater playoffs, to get an even greater payoff.

He might've been hurt, or he might've gone cold. It happens, with scorers. Didn't help that his linemates were struggling, or in Gaudreau's case, reverting to what he is, a bottom six C with limited offense. I thought Boldy got better as the series went on, but he needs to get stronger. He simply gets pushed down, sonetimes.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Genuinely still kinda down about this hahah after the Blues went up 2-0 I turned it off and went to bed with the conclusion that the season was over but didnt affect my mood all that much but now that its morning I think its just sort settling in

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I watched the first game, and then for some reason, more.
I found myself switching to the Deadliest Catch, and other such stuff. Sig Hansen fishing in the Bering Sea had my total attention. On his crew, there was someone who looked suspiciously like Zuccarello. They got skunked, of course.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Among Wild forwards who took at least 100 faceoffs this season, the best percentages belonged to Nico Sturm and Nick Bjugstad.

Hard to be good on special teams when you start with puck less than half the time.

You take out Sturm's Colorado time, he doesn't have 100 faceoffs. He had only 86 while in Minnesota, as he wasn't even playing center. You can't count his time in Colorado, as the team itself is better at faceoffs, not just their centers. Part of winning faceoffs is how the players around fight for those not so clear wins.

The Wild do not come out of those scrambles with pucks near as often as Colorado does.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
You take out Sturm's Colorado time, he doesn't have 100 faceoffs. He had only 86 while in Minnesota, as he wasn't even playing center. You can't count his time in Colorado, as the team itself is better at faceoffs, not just their centers. Part of winning faceoffs is how the players around fight for those not so clear wins.

The Wild do not come out of those scrambles with pucks near as often as Colorado does.
CO was fifth from the bottom in FO's during the year, one below MN.

Evason minimized Sturm's contributions for reason known only to him, but you can't pretend that his FO's weren't better than Jost's.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

Agree that it is, ultimately, a team stat. According to Hockey-Reference Sturm took 373 for the Wild. Just saying that it was an obvious issue all season.

Reactions: TaLoN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Advice from a Blues fan, take it or leave it...

You have a great team. I said from the get go, a good team will exit 1st round and that's not fair.

Build from this. You have a super star. You almost had it. The GREEF line, if effective would have been great. As well as a 2nd line with Fiala, don't know the spelling bc he wasn't good enough.

Point is, great almost team.

I think what has a lot of us riled up is that this doesn't really appear to be an option. We need to lose pieces without being able to add much back.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
CO was fifth from the bottom in FO's during the year, one below MN.

Evason minimized Sturm's contributions for reason known only to him, but you can't pretend that his FO's weren't better than Jost's.
Didn't say otherwise. Just not going to get too upset about trading away a winger who couldn't even get on the ice for a center that was a pretty decent player for us.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
And life goes on 🙃.
On the positive side I got a great workout in last night, watching that effort was all the motivation I needed 😂🤭.
Hopefully that one guy did too.

Anyways I look forward to next season, learn from it and move on!
Will miss the memes for sure 😆🥰

Reactions: Lapa and TaLoN

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
This might be the series that breaks me. I stopped watching the T Wolves about 5-6 years ago, and I have been getting really disinterested in the Twins recently. It seems like this team is stuck in the same place, year after year, and have a tradition of being mentally soft when it counts. Hard to spend all that time during the regular season on them, only to watch this.
I was 17 in 1999 when Anderson missed. It f***ing crushed me but I thought we were close and we would prevail in the next couple of seasons.

The Giants beating us 41-0 was easy to handle. It was over 45 seconds into the game.

2009 was our year. We got f***ed in NO. I stopped watching for 4 years.

2017 was like destiny, the Minneapolis Miracle! We got beat like we stole something in the NFCCG.

You know how I watch Vikings football now? If they go 3 and out on an opening drive I turn it off. This f***ing team needs to win to get me involved again. I didn’t miss a game from 2001-2010. Now? I don’t give a shit. Win or go f*** yourselves. Minnesota fans deserve better. I won’t buy the merchandise or endorse this team in any way until they care as much as I do.

I’ve watched dogshit franchises like the f***ing Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs, Colts and Patriots either win a ring or turn into a dynasty.

I’m done waiting. Win a f***ing title. I may not be a Wild fan, but I do have a vested interest in Minnesota sports. I was pulling for you guys in this round, and I feel the pain.

The most tortured fans in the world. Sorry for the rant.

Oh, and as an Arizona native…I was at the game when Nate Poole caught the touchdown December 28th 2003. God damn. I had some f***ing idiot run up to us dressed as a big Cardinal after the game and start chirping like a bird. I spit skoal all over this guys face. f*** was I mad.

I was like 21 full of testosterone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was 17 in 1999 when Anderson missed. It f***ing crushed me but I thought we were close and we would prevail in the next couple of seasons.

The Giants beating us 41-0 was easy to handle. It was over 45 seconds into the game.

2009 was our year. We got f***ed in NO. I stopped watching for 4 years.

2017 was like destiny, the Minneapolis Miracle! We got beat like we stole something in the NFCCG.

You know how I watch Vikings football now? If they go 3 and out on an opening drive I turn it off. This f***ing team needs to win to get me involved again. I didn’t miss a game from 2001-2010. Now? I don’t give a shit. Win or go f*** yourselves. Minnesota fans deserve better. I won’t buy the merchandise or endorse this team in any way until they care as much as I do.

I’ve watched dogshit franchises like the f***ing Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs, Colts and Patriots either win a ring or turn into a dynasty.

I’m done waiting. Win a f***ing title. I may not be a Wild fan, but I do have a vested interest in Minnesota sports. I was pulling for you guys in this round, and I feel the pain.

The most tortured fans in the world. Sorry for the rant.
At least you aren't old enough to remember the old Vikings. Loved those teams, but they lost 4 straight.

Having said all that, I don't need this team to win a Cup, but I do need them to win a series. I would be thrilled if they went to the WCF.

If f***ing MTL can get to a Cup finals last year, I don't see why i should be satisfied with a one and done. It's been six playoffs in a row. Our best playoff coach in the past ten years has been Mike freaking Yeo.

Reactions: TaLoN

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
At least you aren't old enough to remember the old Vikings. Loved those teams, but they lost 4 straight.

Having said all that, I don't need this team to win a Cup, but I do need them to win a series. I would be thrilled if they went to the WCF.

If f***ing MTL can get to a Cup finals last year, I don't see why i should be satisfied with a one and done. It's been six playoffs in a row. Our best playoff coach in the past ten years has been Mike freaking Yeo.
This is my problem. MTL is a dogshit franchise (and no, I don’t give a f*** how good they were vs 5 other teams). They haven’t been relevant since I was 11.

I really thought the 2004 TWolves were gonna make some noise too.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

While I agree to an extent, Eriksson Ek took by far the most PP faceoffs this series with 29. He was 41.4% on them. That means he won 12. If you raise that to 55%, it means he wins 16.

4 extra faceoff wins over the course of 6 games is not the reason we lost this series.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
While I agree to an extent, Eriksson Ek took by far the most PP faceoffs this series with 29. He was 41.4% on them. That means he won 12. If you raise that to 55%, it means he wins 16.

4 extra faceoff wins over the course of 6 games is not the reason we lost this series.

Of course not, but it adds up. My comment was in response to Evason's "we suck" thing. He knows it, Billy knows it, we all know it: the team needs a center like O'Reilly -- preferably even a guy with more upside.

That said, just looking at some numbers... Tarasenko had five goals on 16 shots, and O'Reilly had five goals on 20 shots.

Wild were pretty unlucky.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'm pretty sure Zucc stays after watching his interview.
This melted Guerin's heart, as Zucc sat there with tears in his eyes, telling the media he's proud of this group.

His experience and leadership qualities will continue to help Kaprizov, not to mention all the young guys coming up.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm pretty sure Zucc stays after watching his interview.
This melted Guerin's heart, as Zucc sat there with tears in his eyes, telling the media he's proud of this group.

His experience and leadership qualities will continue to help Kaprizov, not to mention all the young guys coming up.
when are we raising his banner?

kidding aside. tears, leadership and experience are gonna need to get tossed out the window at some point. a culture is being made, a lot of character has been brought in. now we need to bring in winners. Kap showed he can perform and carry a heavy load. who else do we have to step up and do the same? Zucc in the playoffs showed he can inform BG his 10 teams.

Reactions: AKL

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
when are we raising his banner?

kidding aside. tears, leadership and experience are gonna need to get tossed out the window at some point. a culture is being made, a lot of character has been brought in. now we need to bring in winners. Kap showed he can perform and carry a heavy load. who else do we have to step up and do the same? Zucc in the playoffs showed he can inform BG his 10 teams.

If you don't want to keep those who actually care for this team, those who have a lot to bring in terms of experience/character/leadership, then you will never have success.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
If you don't want to keep those who actually care for this team, those who have a lot to bring in terms of experience/character/leadership, then you will never have success.
Now... I don't actually know the answer to this... But how many cups has Zucc won?

Reactions: AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad