Votes: 19 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
The Athletic Staff: The Wild either need Talbot to forgive them, or trade him.

Couldn't agree more, he's been treated like crap, then they hung him out to dry in the final game.
Talbot should’ve been traded instead of Kahkonen. Even mentioned something like this would exactly happen and it’d create an awkward situation.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I know. The Oilers suck. Cheering for LA.

And the quote of the day goes to......

That quote sums up why I've had no faith in Evason as a HC since the Playins.

"Be better" is something that can be said when a team is in a short term slump. Special teams is a problem that has been ongoing for 2 seasons now. It's a systematic organizational problem at this point.

Reactions: TaLoN

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I could see tears in Zucc's eyes, so he cares. That's why he wanted to approach the media.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Basically saying "blame them, not me, they're the ones failing on the PP... They... Them... They... not I"

wasnt.me_.jpg

Reactions: TaLoN

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Mad respect to you guys as posters, there was a lot of good but respectful smack talk between fan bases for the series. Kap is an absolute monster and you all have a good roster that just needs some tweaks. I know you're looking at cap issues, but it seems like Guerin is moving you in the right direction.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Advice from a Blues fan, take it or leave it...

You have a great team. I said from the get go, a good team will exit 1st round and that's not fair.

Build from this. You have a super star. You almost had it. The GREEF line, if effective would have been great. As well as a 2nd line with Fiala, don't know the spelling bc he wasn't good enough.

Point is, great almost team.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I’m waiting to hear if Fiala had some type of injury. His line completely disappearing in the playoffs just doesn’t make sense. Even with his streakiness, he was on an absolute tear.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just a quick look at the d-man adv stats from the series.

Middleton was the team's best d-man in the Playoffs. 7-1 gf/ga 5v5. 7-3 gf/ga all situations. On top of several other adv stats too.

Dumba was a monster 5v5. Played the most mins (102:40), 2nd (to Middleton) in xgf%, 4-1 gf/ga.

Spurgeon followed the same trend as the regular season. Last in 5v5 ToI (76:16), tops in PP ToI (25:18), 3rd in PK ToI (12:43).

The Merrill pairing was just bad 5v5.
-Merrill 83:17 ToI 1-7 gf/ga
-Goli 56:24 ToI, 0-3 gf/ga
-Kulikov 23:22 ToI, 0-4 gf/ga

The Middleton/Spurgeon pair was by far the best 5v5. 6-1gf/ga, 64:01 ToI.
-20 mins less than Brodin/Dumba 2-1 gf/ga
-8:42 mins less than Merrill/Goli (Kulikov). 0-7 gf/ga

None of the PK stats look good for anyone.

Reactions: JBurd1

Artemia

Mar 2, 2011
I’m waiting to hear if Fiala had some type of injury. His line completely disappearing in the playoffs just doesn’t make sense. Even with his streakiness, he was on an absolute tear.

It makes all the sense in the world. Fiala has no interest in staying in minnesota. He did what he needed in regular season to get paid elsewhere and of course didnt give a shit about playoffs.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
It makes all the sense in the world. Fiala has no interest in staying in minnesota. He did what he needed in regular season to get paid elsewhere and of course didnt give a shit about playoffs.
IIRC Fiala wanted to sign with us long-term last off-season, but BG signed him to a one year deal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
It was all over, when they lost game 4.
Tonight was one of the worst games I have seen in years (did not get to see first period). As a Norwegian, I root for Zucc, but this must have been the weakest game I can remember seeing him played. Maybe age and injuries has catch up on him? PO hockey are tougher than RS hockey. So if possible, maybe trade him and his cap hit, and some other pieces for an upgrades at center?
That said, Kap and maybe Ek was the only players that had a good series. Kaprisov is amazing. He deserves to be playing with a real #1 Center.
Thank you Wild and all you posters here on the Wild board for a really fun regular season. I wish you all the best, and a great summer.
I am embarrassed and will apologize to you all for my meltdown in the GDT for game two. Was getting a deserved warning for flaming. Will try to be better. Because I will be back and follow next year, with or without Zucc. Need to follow Kap, Boldy, Rossi and the team, to see what they can do. Maybe a more experienced HC?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
IIRC Fiala wanted to sign with us long-term last off-season, but BG signed him to a one year deal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's how I remember it also. Something like $7m/yr was what he wanted.

Reactions: Lapa

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I dont think we would fire Evason we just resigned him for 3 years during the regular season

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
the outcome doesnt surprise me that much tbh Did I think this year could of been different? Absolutely

Had a feeling after game 4 that we werent going to pull it out but didnt wanna give up hope especielly with the way this team battled back day in and day out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad