WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
-Ghetto got a penalty for that

LMAO no he didn't. Colorado got a power play out of the stuff that happened afterwards

-Not a dirty hit, there's a big difference in height

Difference in height does not excuse a headshot. Fiala doesn't change his height at all and Zadorov has plenty of time to re-adjust. Instead he goes shoulder to head.

Reactions: SouthNash

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
1. watch the replay. He ducked when Landy already committed to the hit. Bad collision there, nothing penalty worthy tbh.

I agree, should have been 5 and a game for spearing. I guess they only called the aftermath with the face wash. And Hartman got the initial two for holding the stick, that's why it was an Avs PP.

Don't know what you mean with "What game are you talking about" though.

And yes, officiating is absolutely horrible in the play-offs, I don't know why they let more go through than in the reg. season tbh.

The MacKinnon-Subban incident happened in G3.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If you say so...

I’m not even saying you’re wrong that Comeau could’ve stopped if he REALLY wanted to. But cmon, it’s a split second bang bang play and Comeau is clearly trying to stop. I don’t see anything in this replay that clearly indicates the contact wasn’t incidental...

What does clearly trying to stop have to do with anything? Most goalie interference the player is clearly trying to stop. Rinne is in the blue paint, made the initial save and the puck was knocked off his pad because of the contact by Comeau. It may have been incidental and he may have been trying to stop but the interference clearly allowed the puck to be knocked free.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What does clearly trying to stop have to do with anything? Most goalie interference the player is clearly trying to stop. Rinne is in the blue paint, made the initial save and the puck was knocked off his pad because of the contact by Comeau. It may have been incidental and he may have been trying to stop but the interference clearly allowed the puck to be knocked free.
Saying the puck was knocked free implies that the puck was controlled by Rinne in the first place...which it wasn’t, the puck was considered loose...which is why this isn’t GI...

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Saying the puck was knocked free implies that the puck was controlled by Rinne in the first place...which it wasn’t, the puck was considered loose...which is why this isn’t GI...

Good to know. So next time a puck is loose, players can skate into the goalie in the blue paint to get a goal.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think Boucher put it well as a former goalie that if the concact hadn't been made, Rinne would've been able to cover the puck with his glove when the puck was on top of his pad and he was on the blue paint. Without that contact = Rinne catches the puck in his glove = no goal.

Like Boucher said, that was the wrong call and could've had major impacts to the game and the whole series. Fortunately, it did not.

Reactions: E82

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Difference in height does not excuse a headshot. Fiala doesn't change his height at all and Zadorov has plenty of time to re-adjust. Instead he goes shoulder to head.

The only there's any head contact is because Fiala's head is down and Zadorov is 8 inches taller than Fiala. Zadorov glides in, has his arm tucked, and makes a perfectly legal hit.

Reactions: cgf

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don’t get how the Fiala hit or the hit on Johansen are somehow considered dirty...at all.

Landy isn’t at fault for Johansen putting himself like that, Z’s hit was technically speaking about as clean as you can get. Shoulder first, feet on ice, elbows tucked...he’s just way bigger. No deliberate headshot there at all.

The goal was bad, as was what Andrighetto pulled and got away with.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I don’t get how the Fiala hit or the hit on Johansen are somehow considered dirty...at all.

Landy isn’t at fault for Johansen putting himself like that, Z’s hit was technically speaking about as clean as you can get. Shoulder first, feet on ice, elbows tucked...he’s just way bigger. No deliberate headshot there at all.

The goal was bad, as was what Andrighetto pulled and got away with.
Are those really mitigating factors though? Do accidental headshots cause less potential injury than intentional ones? Does the league find headshots acceptable due to height differences (though it makes sense, it would also seem silly to think so if player safety is the end goal)? I'm not arguing for further punishment, mind you.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Are those really mitigating factors though? Do accidental headshots cause less potential injury than intentional ones? Does the league find headshots acceptable due to height differences (though it makes sense, it would also seem silly to think so if player safety is the end goal)? I'm not arguing for further punishment, mind you.

There shouldn't be, but the NHL is way more lenient in the playoffs. Zads hit is about as clean as it could be all things considered, the only alternative would be not making the hit. While it can be argued that would be the best course of action to ensure player safety, these hits are basically legal in the playoffs and I would hate to see Zads let up on a hit against Nashville who makes the most of the more lenient rules.

Also, I know it's not you but I find it ironic some Nashville fans are whining about borderline hits.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There shouldn't be, but the NHL is way more lenient in the playoffs. Zads hit is about as clean as it could be all things considered, the only alternative would be not making the hit. While it can be argued that would be the best course of action to ensure player safety, these hits are basically legal in the playoffs and I would hate to see Zads let up on a hit against Nashville who makes the most of the more lenient rules.

Also, I know it's not you but I find it ironic some Nashville fans are whining about borderline hits.
Eh, we all ignore the sins of our own--mostly so we can hyperfocus on those of the opposition. We also all have our whiners.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN

Cool. Next time a puck is loose on a pad, we'll come barreling in at 30 MPH and knock the ever-loving crap out of the goalie's pad. Since the puck is loose and as long as we don't knock the goalie's leg into the net, we have free reign to hit him as hard as we like.

Oh wait...we don't? At what speed does it become goalie interference?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I disagree with the no call on the GI and while I might be biased I'm thinking about this more in the bigger picture. Had the AV's player poked the puck off of Rinne's pads I would have zero issue with the call being a good goal. At that point it's not any different than guys waking at a loose puck. However, that isn't what happened here. What happened is that the player pushed the pad forcing Rinne to move which allows the goal to be scored. So the goal was the result of contact with the goaltender, not actually playing the puck by the offending player. Fine line maybe, but at least it's a line, something the NHL doesn't seem to have these days.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
The only there's any head contact is because Fiala's head is down and Zadorov is 8 inches taller than Fiala. Zadorov glides in, has his arm tucked, and makes a perfectly legal hit.

Head contact as the primary point is never legal, nor ever clean, even if accidental.

If Hartman gets a suspension, Zadorov has to get one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad