WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I'm not sure their skating is good enough to make it to the 2nd round. They seem to stumble and fall a lot when an Av is close. On the other hand maybe they are just too exhausted to stay on their feet.

Preds are a quick team, one of the faster teams in the league. The Avs are probably a 2nd in the league behind Vegas, but the Preds are no slouch.

Preds aren't executing their system, too much space between their players transitioning out of the zone. They also are playing sloppy and committing ill-advised plays that have nothing to do with their skating.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It ultimately didn’t decide the game (Colorado cut it to 3-2 in the 3rd, but could not get the equalizer), but when they slowed it down on the replay and they reran it slowly, it looked like it might be goalie interference.

The goal held up.

What say you- good or bad call?

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I really thought it should be, but I'm biased and maybe other fans have a different opinion.

Here's a streamable [MOD]:

It's non-incidental contact with the goaltender in the crease. The puck is on Rinne's pad, sure, but you can't shove him or anything like that to knock it loose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
consistent call to the no goalie interference from game 3 on Nashville's third goal. Realistically consistency is all we can ask for at this point.

would like videos from the league explaining regardless though.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No interference there imo

When the puck is loose like that people bang away at it all the time and it isn't goalie interference - neither is this

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Man, my eyes must have deceived me. I seemed to see the Avs choir boys taking plenty of their own shots at Preds players.

Nah....couldn't be. No Avs player has ever done anything but play perfectly clean hockey.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I seemed to see the Avs choir boys taking plenty of their own shots at Preds players.
Name one cheap shot by the Avs besides the Landeskog cross check to the face which I will admit was dirty and shouldn't have happened.

I'll wait.

And don't make me laugh by saying the spear by Andrighetto. It didn't even make Hartman flinch.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
No interference there imo

When the puck is loose like that people bang away at it all the time and it isn't goalie interference - neither is this

Remember when the puck was loose under Lu and it was determined Arvidsson spun Lu with his stick causing the puck to pop free?

Why is that different? If he doesn't come in and make contact with the pad, popping the puck off, Rinne covers it easily.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Remember when the puck was loose under Lu and it was determined Arvidsson spun Lu with his stick causing the puck to pop free?

Why is that different? If he doesn't come in and make contact with the pad, popping the puck off, Rinne covers it easily.

No, I don't remember that.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Name one cheap shot by the Avs besides the Landeskog cross check to the face which I will admit was dirty and shouldn't have happened.

I'll wait.

And don't make me laugh by saying the spear by Andrighetto. It didn't even make Hartman flinch.

Oh yeah, a stick in the crotch is a totally clean play.

As I said, the Avs are nothing but choir boys.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
No, I don't remember that.

Look it up. Nashville vs Florida. There's a HUGE thread on it on here. I don't want to paste the video because I don't want it turn into a discussion of that particular call again.

However, the circumstances were the same. Loose puck, intentional contact with the goalie causes the puck to pop out.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Let's just use some common sense. That's such ticky tack contact. This is hockey, you got to let the goalies fight and compete just a little bit. It seems like everything is handed to them on a silver platter (bigger, lighter equipment, slightest touch is ruled goalie interference). The old goalies are rolling their eyes.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

This f***ing play again lol. The puck was UNDER Luongo’s pad. He had it covered and the puck was considered to NOT be loose.

This time the puck was sitting on top of Rinne’s pad and considered loose. Rule 69.7: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2017-2018-NHL-rulebook.pdf

In a rebound situation, or where a goalkeeper and attacking player(s) are simultaneously attempting to play a loose puck, whether inside or outside the crease, incidental contact with the goalkeeper will be permitted, and any goal that is scored as a result thereof will be allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Honestly I would be livid if that was called a good goal against my team.

I thought it should have been no goal.

There is contact made with the goalie in the blue paint, and Comeau was not pushed in, at all.

Reactions: Scoresberg

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

I'll wait.

Crosschecks to the face are allowed. Nashville has tested the waters 3 times on that front.

Thanks for testing the Beta version Preds!

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston

I don’t remember but he didn’t spin him nor was the puck under him. He made extremely light contact and immediately left the crease. He wasn’t interfering when Rinne was setting up for a save either. Whatever it didn’t even matter and the rule needs to be rewritten or at least expanded on what a hockey play is.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Look it up. Nashville vs Florida. There's a HUGE thread on it on here. I don't want to paste the video because I don't want it turn into a discussion of that particular call again.

However, the circumstances were the same. Loose puck, intentional contact with the goalie causes the puck to pop out.

Yeah, I remember the thread on it and when it happened but don't really remember the incident itself.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Still waiting....
let's let the emotions settle. been a tough series. hartman acted like an ass. landeskog had a bad cross check. zadorov had a possible bad hit on fiala, doubt it though cause of height difference. bad call with the GI against the Avalanche. johansen put himself in bad shape with the landeskog hit although landy obviously had his emotions flowing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Don't think so. Puck is loose on an extended pad, it is fair game there and the bump didn't knock the goalie into the net to score, it knocked the puck off which was then shot into the empty net. He wasn't interfering with the goalies ability to make a save, he was attacking a loose puck.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Don't think so. Puck is loose on an extended pad, it is fair game there and the bump didn't knock the goalie into the net to score, it knocked the puck off which was then shot into the empty net. He wasn't interfering with the goalies ability to make a save, he was attacking a loose puck.

Pretty much this. Puck was loose, fair game. It would have been a different story had Rinne had it covered.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
let's let the emotions settle. been a tough series. hartman acted like an ass. landeskog had a bad cross check. zadorov had a possible bad hit on fiala, doubt it though cause of height difference. bad call with the GI against the Avalanche. johansen put himself in bad shape with the landeskog hit although landy obviously had his emotions flowing.
The dirty play has been 90:10 in favor of the preds simply put. Not questionable stuff like the zadorov hit. Blatant shots the to head by a number of players including the damn goalie

Reactions: BrickAHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad