WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
After watching game #2 of Nashville - Colorado, my only question is this:

Who will Winnipeg play in the Western Conference final?

Let's be realistic here, if Nashville has this much trouble with Colorado, how can they possibly beat a Jets team that doesn't know the meaning of the word quit?

You go ahead and count those chickens...

Preds have played to the level of their competition all year long, up or down. They obviously came out on the good side more often than the bad, and that's all that has to happen to win a series

Reactions: Avs44

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
We need MackJesus mode. He was alright today, but we need him playing like he was at the start of the year again. Can't change the fact that the defense is half AHL'ers at this point and Bernier sucks, he's all we have.

Reactions: cgf

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Tarasenko dislocated his shoulder trying to hit Landeskog. You wouldn't have watched him any way.
Except Tarasenko is injured.

I know it hurts to see the Avs in the playoffs over your beloved Oilers, but I'm sure you'll live.
Yes, I know that. Injured Tarasenko hilights during the series is more entertaining than the fight the avs are putting up against the preds. The Blues would not allow the curb stomping to happen like the avs are doing atm.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
didn't get a chance to watch this game; watched tampa/devils instead (watched preds-avs last time) if they are going to start the games at 3 pm i wish they would spread out the games on Saturday

2 pm preds-avs
5 pm devils-bolts
8 pm leafs-bruins

one goal game; looks like a missed a good one.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Why is Colorado getting no credit for their effort? I keep reading about how Nashville can’t be good if they’re not dominating such a bad team. Maybe Colorado are better than everyone thinks. Maybe the youngest and arguably the fastest team in the NHL aren’t easy to play against. Nathan Mackinnon is far and away the best hockey player on the ice in this series, that certainly helps the Avs as well.

Did you write that, or just edit a quote from a Leaf fan, from last year's playoff match-up between the Leafs and Capitals? Auston Matthews was great, no doubt.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
One positive from this game is I guess it proves that Mack can still produce in the playoffs even against the best defensive team in the league. Once we get some more depth scoring and Rantanen starts playing hockey again I think this team has a real good chance of competing in the future. As for the series it's just unfortunate that we don't have our 2nd and 3rd most important players I really think it would be a tied series if they were still in. Playing dumb from time to time doesn't help at all either

And he's done it on the road, where he was human this year. I can't wait to see the show he puts on in Denver :yo:

Reactions: 22FUTON9

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Yes, I know that. Injured Tarasenko hilights during the series is more entertaining than the fight the avs are putting up against the preds. The Blues would not allow the curb stomping to happen like the avs are doing atm.
Curb stomping? One goal game today. It was tied at 2 midway through the 3rd in the first game. Go watch some McDavid highlights from the regular season.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
After watching game #2 of Nashville - Colorado, my only question is this:

Who will Winnipeg play in the Western Conference final?

Let's be realistic here, if Nashville has this much trouble with Colorado, how can they possibly beat a Jets team that doesn't know the meaning of the word quit?
We've played up or down to our competition all season. Most of our home loses were against teams like Buffalo and Arizona while taking 3 of 4 from Winnipeg. It's been rather frustrating at times.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

So this is blatant trolling right? Cause you're not even watching the games if you're making comments like this and hoping to retain any bit of credibility.

Reactions: S E P H

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don’t buy that. The only difference between the Preds home and road records this year was 3 OT/SO losses. Also, Preds haven’t lost to COL in 12 games. This isn’t like going into Pittsburgh. Preds aren’t scared to go in there.

I think the fact the Preds haven’t been all that sharp this far should be worrying to the Avs. It’s unlikely they go all series without playing a couple really good games.

Mack finally get starts against the Preds third pairing D will be a big factor if the Avs win their home games.

Right now the biggest problem for the Avs is goaltending. Too many softies by Bernier. He hasn't been the same since his 2 concussion. They'd be better off starting Hammond. But I think Bednar will stay Pat. Warsofsky is also a negative factor for the Avs. He's constantly turning the puck over and killing momentum on the PP.

Preds PK putting pressure on the Avs is the perfect style to combat our PP. Our coaching staff doesn't seem to like mid game adjustments. So once a team figures out the counter they fail to adjust.

Reactions: MacBradley

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
One positive from this game is I guess it proves that Mack can still produce in the playoffs even against the best defensive team in the league. Once we get some more depth scoring and Rantanen starts playing hockey again I think this team has a real good chance of competing in the future. As for the series it's just unfortunate that we don't have our 2nd and 3rd most important players I really think it would be a tied series if they were still in. Playing dumb from time to time doesn't help at all either
We aren't the best defensive team in the league though we gave up most shots and therefore high danger shots than the other top 5 of teams.

We have been a middle of the road defensive team riding a Vezina goalie. Which isn't a bad thing since we have found ways to win when our goalies don't bail us.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
interesting vibe in this thread. colorado lost that game because they sucked the second period away. yeah it sucks to see nashville flop multiple times and have it work but thats the game sometimes. excited to have this series move into our barn. hopefully colorado can steal one. Colorado has lost i believe 12 straight to nashville and frankly stealing a game would be great.

who knows start with a game 3 win and build from there.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I just wanted to say, first off, that I couldn't give 2 shits about the preds home crowd and the chants or w/e I actually find them pretty funny how well trained they are

That said, good lord you lot are incredibly sensitive and defensive about them. One sniff in the crowds direction and 4 preds fans pounce on it with passive aggressive whining or thinly disguised crying in the form of humor. People are gonna have negative opinions about shit. all the "salt" comments lol, dudes this is the internet and HFBoards is a castle made of salt

Of course, that goes without saying that the people who are complaining about the crowd are also being overly sensitive and whiny.

Just a thought. Good game preds try not to hurt yourselves diving on the ice

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Seems like a REALLY easy list to make since only one does it per year and usually a given years winner goes on to win more.

Surprised you would be somehow proud of your list ;)

You try suggesting that the Capitals last year wouldn't win the Cup, because they needed 6 games to beat Toronto. Imagine how much heat you would take for that!

You try suggesting that St. Louis won't win the Cup in 2016, because it took them too long to beat Chicago and Dallas. Try it, and see just how much vitriol will be poured in your direction!

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
You try suggesting that the Capitals last year wouldn't win the Cup, because they needed 6 games to beat Toronto. Imagine how much heat you would take for that!

You try suggesting that St. Louis won't win the Cup in 2016, because it took them too long to beat Chicago and Dallas. Try it, and see just how much vitriol will be poured in your direction!
You're making my argument for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad