WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Preds haven’t been that great defensively this series but these type of games is the way they have played all year. They play to the level of their competition and they find ways to win.

Preds have been just as consistent on the road as they have been at home so I wouldn’t expect any type of advantage for the Avs.

The thing is colorado is a lot more lethal at home. So if the preds play exactly as well in the first two, they're getting blown out in games 3 & 4. Cause Colorado is going to be a lot sharper & more dangerous.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
After the way those two games on the road went, I can't wait to see the match ups in Denver :yo:

He's scored an awful lot of those for them to get stopped 9 out of 10 times :dunno:

This paradox aptly sums up life as an avs fan...
How? Av's havent shot themselves in the foot in seasons past. They are just bad. It is extremely sad that the Blues havent made the post season, we all miss out on watching Tarasenko in the playoffs in favour of a sweep.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Playing down to competition is common for starters, not that that is happening here though.
But chain logic isn't a great way to predict series.. Team A is beating team B (Avs) non convincingly so they must lose to team C who are beating a considerably weaker team D (Wild)

For the last 5 or so years, right here at hfboards, I've correctly predicted with 100% accuracy, which teams "can't win the Cup." I'm not adding Nashville to my list just yet, but they are playing like they want to get on my list, LoL. We'll wait and see for now. :popcorn:

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
How? Av's havent shot themselves in the foot in seasons past. They are just bad. It is extremely sad that the Blues havent made the post season, we all miss out on watching Tarasenko in the playoffs in favour of a sweep.

Except Tarasenko is injured.

I know it hurts to see the Avs in the playoffs over your beloved Oilers, but I'm sure you'll live.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Lol me show some class when multiple avs fans have said “we need to start taking runs at Preds players”

Literally irrelevant to your post. If you're this sore of a winner, I'm excited to see your posts after the Avs tie the series at 2 in Denver.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Tarasenko dislocated his shoulder trying to hit Landeskog. You wouldn't have watched him any way.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Show some class. Avs are the heavy underdog, are facing injuries to 3 out of the 5 or 6 most important players on the team, and the Preds could sell light bulbs to a blind man the way they dove/embellished in this game. And the Avs still almost won. If you can't see how it's frustrating, I can't help you.

Jesus. As a neutral fan, the playoffs aren't a charity, nothing about it is supposed to be fair.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
After watching game #2 of Nashville - Colorado, my only question is this:

Who will Winnipeg play in the Western Conference final?

Let's be realistic here, if Nashville has this much trouble with Colorado, how can they possibly beat a Jets team that doesn't know the meaning of the word quit?
Give the Avalanche Credit they are playing great and honestly look better than the disinterested Minnesota Wild that look as if they should collect their checks and make a few tee times.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
For the last 5 or so years, right here at hfboards, I've correctly predicted with 100% accuracy, which teams "can't win the Cup." I'm not adding Nashville to my list just yet, but they are playing like they want to get on my list, LoL. We'll wait and see for now. :popcorn:
Seems like a REALLY easy list to make since only one does it per year and usually a given years winner goes on to win more.

Surprised you would be somehow proud of your list ;)

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Literally irrelevant to your post. If you're this sore of a winner, I'm excited to see your posts after the Avs tie the series at 2 in Denver.
I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if the series comes back to Nashville tied 2-2. We haven’t played well either game imo.

But I promise you won’t find me saying “the fix is in”, etc, etc.

Moot point. I’m done with it.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Did the Preds players sell some to get calls? Sure.

Did the refs oblige because an idiot Avs player decided to be a newspaper tough guy? Also, sure.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

lol if you think the blues would've put up more of a fight then we have nothing to talk about. They're not in the playoffs because they got beaten by the avs twice down the stretch, once an absolute slaughter in STL. And they needed a call so egregous that the league actually publically apologized for it in their previous meeting.

But if we can be serious, can you guys please stop wasting Leon & McJesus? Like bringing back that bald idiot to run your team? Wtf was that about? If you're just gunna f*** around like that can Chia just send Drai to colorado so I can stop giving a shit about that god awful team?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

He wouldn't have played anyways, he got injured the last game of the season against us silly.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The thing is colorado is a lot more lethal at home. So if the preds play exactly as well in the first two, they're getting blown out in games 3 & 4. Cause Colorado is going to be a lot sharper & more dangerous.

I don’t buy that. The only difference between the Preds home and road records this year was 3 OT/SO losses. Also, Preds haven’t lost to COL in 12 games. This isn’t like going into Pittsburgh. Preds aren’t scared to go in there.

I think the fact the Preds haven’t been all that sharp this far should be worrying to the Avs. It’s unlikely they go all series without playing a couple really good games.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t buy that. The only difference between the Preds home and road records this year was 3 OT/SO losses. Also, Preds haven’t lost to COL in 12 games. This isn’t like going into Pittsburgh. Preds aren’t scared to go in there.

I think the fact the Preds haven’t been all that sharp this far should be worrying to the Avs. It’s unlikely they go all series without playing a couple really good games.
Again, ignore Nashville. Colorado isn't even half as good on the road as they are at home this season. So regardless of how well Nashville does on the road vs at home, they need to be a lot better to win these next two. That's all I'm saying.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Except Tarasenko is injured.

I know it hurts to see the Avs in the playoffs over your beloved Oilers, but I'm sure you'll live.

Ignore that guy. I'm a Blues fan and I think we were not very good this year. We started great and then injuries, lack of secondary scoring, and mental toughness issues all around made us into a 0.500 club. The Avs are the better team this year. I don't think the Blues would have played the Preds as well as the Avs have.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why is Colorado getting no credit for their effort? I keep reading about how Nashville can’t be good if they’re not dominating such a bad team. Maybe Colorado are better than everyone thinks. Maybe the youngest and arguably the fastest team in the NHL aren’t easy to play against. Nathan Mackinnon is far and away the best hockey player on the ice in this series, that certainly helps the Avs as well.

Nashville are going to win this series. In fact they’re probably going to sweep and people are talking down about their abilities? Good on the Avs for making games tough. In fact if it wasn’t for goaltending this series is headed back to Denver split and possibly even 2-0 for the Avs. But goaltending exists and Nashville are dominating that battle. It’s just more of what makes them so good.

Proud of my team for how they’ve battled, but thebPreds are f***ing good. The 3rd period of game 1 showed exactly what the Preds are made of. It might be the only period of the series so far that the Preds clearly won, but it was a period of men vs boys.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
One positive from this game is I guess it proves that Mack can still produce in the playoffs even against the best defensive team in the league. Once we get some more depth scoring and Rantanen starts playing hockey again I think this team has a real good chance of competing in the future. As for the series it's just unfortunate that we don't have our 2nd and 3rd most important players I really think it would be a tied series if they were still in. Playing dumb from time to time doesn't help at all either

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Give the Avalanche Credit they are playing great and honestly look better than the disinterested Minnesota Wild that look as if they should collect their checks and make a few tee times.

Bruce Beaudreau, is definitely excellent at priming his team to arrive at the golf course early each post-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad