WCF Series Thread - Hawks vs Kings

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Was able to get my condo meeting pushed up a half hour, so fingers crossed we start right at six, we go quick, and NBC has its usually delay to start the game so I miss as little of the game as possible.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This board the first half of every series in the playoffs this year has bashed the players Q iced on the bottom 1 1/2 lines (Bollig, Hanzdus, Rosi, Regin, Versteeg). Q again is questioned now that he is shortening the bench. It seems he has no good move other than adding 4th line rookie savior Jeremy Morin. Maybe this team just isn't as deep as everyone thinks and he has the potential to get burned either way? I mean, the Kings are rolling Kopitar, Carter, Stoll, Richards...

I'm sure some guys are tired. But if Bollig, Versteeg, or Zus touch the ice for 10 mins in the first game of the SCF I'm sure the Q haters will come rolling in.

They won't. In fact I won't be surprised if Versteeg and Bollig both sit and I can see Regin back in on home ice, and I reckon Zus will only hit 10 minutes if we have to kill a lot of penalties (which would be fatal btw. Our passive PK is enough to give any Hawk fan nightmares). But you're right about our depth. It's not that good up front.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
On this forum a couple years ago I said Kane is a generational player that you never consider trading. I got lit up but that was around the time of the Miller for Kane trade topics. LOL.

Kane is just on another level but Toews gives him the opportunity to play at that level. Toews taking on the top pairings/forwards frees Kane up on that 2nd line. That gets lost on many fans. It's a devastating one/two punch.

cherrypik

Jun 2, 2010
Mundelein, IL
@sryantribune: Kings players combine for a career record of 70-7 in Game 7s.

Game 7 is just another game for both of these teams. They are both champions, the Hawks being the current and Kings being the Champs the year prior. I will say the Kings had 2 chances to close the Hawks out, they are being hunted vs hunting down their opponent and the Hawks have played their last two like they were game 7s. LAK seem deeper but the Hawks not only countered that 70s line they dominated them in their own building plus Q will have last choice. At this point, the Kings have to use their record and experience in game 7 as motivation because they will need to go back to the well a third time in the series and playoffs. As for the Hawks, when they smell blood in the water it's usually a done deal.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Stress just started to pile on. Will be a full-blown nervous wreck come puck drop.

I hear ya. I wasn't so stressed at the start of game 5 or 6, really resigned to the fact it was a great effort but our run looked to be coming to an end. Now that we have come back and actually have a chance to advance the nerves will be at a critical level. I guess its worse for LA fans, getting so close and potentially on the verge of blowing a 3-1 lead.

Wouldn't a 5-1 easy win be nice? You know it ain't happening, but man it would be nice.....

Spudskie

Feb 24, 2010
Chicagoland
Game 7 is just another game for both of these teams. They are both champions, the Hawks being the current and Kings being the Champs the year prior. I will say the Kings had 2 chances to close the Hawks out, they are being hunted vs hunting down their opponent and the Hawks have played their last two like they were game 7s. LAK seem deeper but the Hawks not only countered that 70s line they dominated them in their own building plus Q will have last choice. At this point, the Kings have to use their record and experience in game 7 as motivation because they will need to go back to the well a third time in the series and playoffs. As for the Hawks, when they smell blood in the water it's usually a done deal.

In the first round, LA lost games 1, 2 and 3 and then won games 4, 5 and 6.
In the second round, LA lost games 3, 4 and 5 and then won game 6.
In those two rounds, LA had confidence going into game 7 (what the Hawks now have).

In this round, LA has now lost the previous two games. Is it a different mindset for the Kings? Is there a little anxiety at the thought they may lose another 3 in a row at the worst time for a streak like that to happen?

I am just trying to squeeze anything that may be an advantage for the Hawks. I bet both teams are less nervous than I am! I am already a wreck! Go Hawks!!

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I hear ya. I wasn't so stressed at the start of game 5 or 6, really resigned to the fact it was a great effort but our run looked to be coming to an end. Now that we have come back and actually have a chance to advance the nerves will be at a critical level. I guess its worse for LA fans, getting so close and potentially on the verge of blowing a 3-1 lead.

Wouldn't a 5-1 easy win be nice? You know it ain't happening, but man it would be nice.....

I expect either a 2-1 OT game, or the Hawks blow out the Kings.

The game starting off with a Hossa goal would be pretty dope.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
In the first round, LA lost games 1, 2 and 3 and then won games 4, 5 and 6.
In the second round, LA lost games 3, 4 and 5 and then won game 6.
In those two rounds, LA had confidence going into game 7 (what the Hawks now have).

In this round, LA has now lost the previous two games. Is it a different mindset for the Kings? Is there a little anxiety at the thought they may lose another 3 in a row at the worst time for a streak like that to happen?

I am just trying to squeeze anything that may be an advantage for the Hawks. I bet both teams are less nervous than I am! I am already a wreck! Go Hawks!!

Hey...

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
even if we lose tomorrow, we can take solace in the fact we battled back and didn't go down easy.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Hey...

ancient-aliens-guy-big-hair-giorgio-tsoukalos.jpeg

member 151739

Yeah, Chris. Make that GDT. I'm going to be busy tomorrow (still going to watch the game, obviously), so I won't be able to post in it. Hopefully when I read it later, there's happy reactions. :)

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I don't have much new to offer (limited GDT skills unlike you creative savants) but I'd be happy to post the same one with a few small additions :nod:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I don't have much new to offer (limited GDT skills unlike you creative savants) but I'd be happy to post the same one with a few small additions :nod:

giphy.gif

p.s.

:heart: OMG Sheldon Brookbank has like the best anagram name results ever. :heart:

Just a sampling:

Shankbone Dork Lob
Old Bonk Hornbeaks
Handbook Elks Born
Knobhead Korn Slob
Nonkosher Balk Bod

Last edited:

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
:heart: OMG Sheldon Brookbank has like the best anagram name results ever. :heart:

Just a sampling:

Shankbone Dork Lob
Old Bonk Hornbeaks
Handbook Elks Born
Knobhead Korn Slob
Nonkosher Balk Bod

:laugh::laugh:

Those are great. I had an especially tough time choosing between Old Bonk Hornbeaks and Knobhead Korn Slob.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
most clutch players in the league will face each other today... series will end today for sure.

GREAT day to be a Hockey fan

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
most clutch players in the league will face each other today... series will end today for sure.

GREAT day to be a Hockey fan

Yeah. I wish I could just sit back and enjoy it, but I can't. Too much at stake - We've worked hard to get here, now we need to finish the job. Go HAWKS!

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
My heart is in my throat. I cannot take it anymore!

This

I wasn't really nervous the last two games since I somewhat expected them to lose. Now, everything is right in front of them. Win the series, Stanley Cup Final versus an underdog, Repeat Stanley Cup!

LOL- this is why is some respects I enjoy the regular season Hawk games more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad