GDT: WCF Game #2 - Sharks @ Blues - 5:00pm PDT NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Blues are 4-5 at home and 5-2 on the road. They're better on the road for some reason so we'll see how the Blues respond. It's promising though that the Sharks have outplayed them in both games but the Blues are better than what they've shown so far.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Very good effort. Brent Burns is now tied for 2nd in single season playoff points with Larionov. Couture's two goal effort got him to 1st all time.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
in fact, this is the freshest I've seen the Sharks in the WCF, all the other times they were out of gas by now.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So my first game front row ended with a win. Who wants to spot me the money to keep that mojo going? Lol

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Blues are 4-5 at home and 5-2 on the road. They're better on the road for some reason so we'll see how the Blues respond. It's promising though that the Sharks have outplayed them in both games but the Blues are better than what they've shown so far.

It is going to be interesting for sure. On the other hand, we have been really good at home. We have lost 1 out of 5 games at home in the post-season. And that was in OT.

Quite a turnaround from the regular season.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
in fact, this is the freshest I've seen the Sharks in the WCF, all the other times they were out of gas by now.

Helps when the coach doesn't lean on the top line so heavily to do defensive lifting and be the only source of offense.

So my first game front row ended with a win. Who wants to spot me the money to keep that mojo going? Lol

Nice high stick there, bud. Almost cost us a win.

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
But guys, I thought the series was over and we'd never beat Elliot and we were too slow and DeBoer sucks and Jones is trash and Burns is awful!!!!!

HOW CAN THIS BE REAL LIFE RIGHT NOW?!?!!?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
It pleases me to see the 4th line with 10 minutes a game. I think it's played a big role in keeping the big guys fresh throughout the season and this playoff run. Remember the days when Scott Nichol played like 5 minutes and was a -3? Jumbo with only 16 mins, Patty 13 mins, Couture 17 mins. Meanwhile the Blues had 3 forwards over 20 minutes. Hopefully the Blues overplay their top guys and they gas out.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
But guys, I thought the series was over and we'd never beat Elliot and we were too slow and DeBoer sucks and Jones is trash and Burns is awful!!!!!

HOW CAN THIS BE REAL LIFE RIGHT NOW?!?!!?

It is all a dream. Shark fans will wake up after the series and actually find out the sharks lost 4 games to 0 and lost every game 60-0.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
Sharks were in complete control from the first shift to the last. It was a near perfect game. Just a few too many penalties, but that can be fixed.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I was one of the people who was mad that Deboer brought Zubrus "back." I was wrong.

Powinkle

Mar 25, 2016
Chico
The "passenger" has been an absolute beast this playoffs, was scared when the puck almost hit him on the burns clear.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Let's keep it in perspective though. It's just one win. When we get to three is when my excitement level will rise. Until then, there's no room for me to mouth off about the team lol

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It pleases me to see the 4th line with 10 minutes a game. I think it's played a big role in keeping the big guys fresh throughout the season and this playoff run. Remember the days when Scott Nichol played like 5 minutes and was a -3? Jumbo with only 16 mins, Patty 13 mins, Couture 17 mins. Meanwhile the Blues had 3 forwards over 20 minutes. Hopefully the Blues overplay their top guys and they gas out.

Specifically, Game 2 of the 2011 WCF, when Nichol and Eager were somehow -3 in like literally 90 seconds of ice time. :help:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only reason why the Sharks should play Reimer is to give Jones a rest, but Jones doesn't look tired at all.

He doesn't need a break.

Yeah there's no reason for this at all. I'd only play Reimer in a game where Jones is getting lit up and the game is out of reach and he's pulled. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

The only teams that pull something like starting their other goaltender randomly in a playoff game or flip flopping goalies are the teams with two crappy goalies.

*Cough* Dallas *Cough*.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Very good effort. Brent Burns is now tied for 2nd in single season playoff points with Larionov. Couture's two goal effort got him to 1st all time.

The impressive stat they showed during the game is burns is 1st in I think the post lockout era for total season points among defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad