Series Talk: WCF Barracuda vs Griffins

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Griffins player breaks a stick on a shot, ends up behind Troy in a scramble. Mueller was just out on the PP and was out right out there to start the kill. Dumb

Antbox530

Feb 2, 2016
The AHL schedule is stupid as ****. How does the "road" team get to play the first 3/5 at home?!?

Antbox530

Feb 2, 2016
Win your home games and it's not an issue...

Well, it would still be an issue. It would.be 2-3 GR if the home team won every game. Why should they road team get more home games than the "home team" when most series go less than 7 games? Seems like a handicap to the team that's supposed to have the advantage

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Well, it would still be an issue. It would.be 2-3 GR if the home team won every game. Why should they road team get more home games than the "home team" when most series go less than 7 games? Seems like a handicap to the team that's supposed to have the advantage

It's not like teams didn't know this was the rule going into it...and the higher seed used to have the choice of taking the three in the middle. No idea if that's still true, but I do know no team ever picked the middle three when they had the choice.

Antbox530

Feb 2, 2016
It's not like teams didn't know this was the rule going into it...and the higher seed used to have the choice of taking the three in the middle. No idea if that's still true, but I do know no team ever picked the middle three when they had the choice.

Just because they know it's a rule doesn't mean it's not horse ****. More series go 6 or less games than 7, why should the road team get 3 of the first 5 games as home? It's a disadvantage to have "home ice" when there's a 90% chance of the "road team" having just as many, if not more home games.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Just because they know it's a rule doesn't mean it's not horse ****. More series go 6 or less games than 7, why should the road team get 3 of the first 5 games as home? It's a disadvantage to have "home ice" when there's a 90% chance of the "road team" having just as many, if not more home games.

So why wouldn't any teams pick to host the middle three if it's such an advantage?

Antbox530

Feb 2, 2016
So why wouldn't any teams pick to host the middle three if it's such an advantage?
Because it's choosing potentially 3 home games vs 4?!?
Naturally, you're going to pick the option to have more home games than not. Hence why I said it should be 3 in SJ, 3 in GR, G7 in SJ. That way SJ is guaranteed at least half the series at home (if it goes 6) or more (if they sweep, win in 5 or 7). Shouldn't it be an advantage to win "home ice"?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Because it's choosing potentially 3 home games vs 4?!?
Naturally, you're going to pick the option to have more home games than not. Hence why I said it should be 3 in SJ, 3 in GR, G7 in SJ. That way SJ is guaranteed at least half the series at home (if it goes 6) or more (if they sweep, win in 5 or 7). Shouldn't it be an advantage to win "home ice"?

Go look at some of the first round best of five schedules. In half of them the lower seed has the first two at home and the team with home ice gets the last three. Those are the rules and all teams know them before the season starts.

Feel free to complain to the AHL and/or the Barracuda. As I know how far that will get you I suggest not bothering.

Antbox530

Feb 2, 2016
Go look at some of the first round best of five schedules. In half of them the lower seed has the first two at home and the team with home ice gets the last three. Those are the rules and all teams know them before the season starts.

Feel free to complain to the AHL and/or the Barracuda. As I know how far that will get you I suggest not bothering.

That's still dumb. The home team should get games 1-2 and 5. Just because they won't listen doesn't mean that it's not dumb and I shouldn't complain about it.
That's like me telling you not to complain that Justin beiebers music is terrible just because he'll still make the ****** music regardless.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
That's still dumb. The home team should get games 1-2 and 5. Just because they won't listen doesn't mean that it's not dumb and I shouldn't complain about it.
That's like me telling you not to complain that Justin beiebers music is terrible just because he'll still make the ****** music regardless.

I'm reasonably certain I've never heard a Justin Bieber song...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad