GDT: WCF #3 | "Let's Get Loud, Edmonton" | Oilers vs Avalanche | June 4 2022, 6:00PM MT | SN, CBC, TNT/630CHED, KKSE-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Holloway not being in is a travesty. To bring in Russell? Kassian on the top line?

There's no way this is real.
Russell played a rock-solid game when Nurse was suspended. Love him in the lineup.

Obviously, the coaching staff feels a bit on edge about putting a 20-year-old into a must-win conference final game as his first NHL action. Disagree with it all you want, but it's not really hard to see why they won't put him in.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Russell played a rock-solid game when Nurse was suspended. Love him in the lineup.

Obviously, the coaching staff feels a bit on edge about putting a 20-year-old into a must-win conference final game as his first NHL action. Disagree with it all you want, but it's not really hard to see why they won't put him in.
Yes, I completely understand their hesitancy and maybe there's something at practice we aren't seeing that is aiding this decision.

However, these new school coaches are supposed to identify stuff like this and make decisions that differ from the old guard.

For example sucking up to Nurse and giving him ice time he should not be getting at the moment. I swear, if Russell/Broberg were in for Nurse the entire series we win game 1.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Yes, I completely understand their hesitancy and maybe there's something at practice we aren't seeing that is aiding this decision.

However, these new school coaches are supposed to identify stuff like this and make decisions that differ from the old guard.

For example sucking up to Nurse and giving him ice time he should not be getting at the moment. I swear, if Russell/Broberg were in for Nurse the entire series we win game 1.

Possible game 2 as well. Nurse has been that bad.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I don't mind Kassian on McDavid's wing. Woodcroft obviously wants to get more bodies on Makar and Toews, and probably the best way to do that is to put Kassian (and Kane) with McDavid. If Kassian can finish his checks on Makar and Toews, it might wear them down but more importantly open up space for McDavid and Kane.

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Woodcroft when Spector called him a coaching geek in the pregame press conference
Screenshot-20220604-145629-com-vanced-android-youtube.jpg

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver

Russell plays a rock solid game of getting hemmed in whenever he's out there and panic icing the puck every time he touches it

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
I remember in 2006 when Edmonton went down 2-0 to San Jose I literally wrote the team off. Was so discouraged. They came backed and ripped off 4 straight wins. So there's no way I'm writing them off now. This series isn't over. Just need 2 home wins here.

Last game was not that bad. One bad series of plays in the second period cost them the game. In the first game we stormed back offensively and would have won if not for that stupid non offside call. I think the oilers are actually a lot closer to the avs than people think. With the home crowd bumping tonight the boys will be fired up. I think we win tonight.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

If the bottom 6 had any sort of consistent effort throughout these playoffs I'd agree with the sentiment about Holloway but they haven't and they desperately need a player that has the potential to stir the drink which none of them have right now. Kassian isn't the one who should be bumped (hopefully Woodcroft is just bluffing) Mcleod should be playing with Nuge/Drai and Hyman up with Mcdavid.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground

Why do you think there are 7 D in ? Nurse needs some sheltering. He is very obviously badly hurt. If he weren’t there would be a much better chance Holloway would get in. But with 11 forwards it probably ain’t happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad