WC: WC 2024

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
The tournament will be held in Praque and Ostrava, Czechia from 10 to 26 May 2024.

A:

23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
Finland
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Switzerland
23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png
Czechia (H)
20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png
Denmark
21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
Norway
23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png
Austria
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Great Britain

B:

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden
23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png
Slovakia
23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.png
Latvia
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
23px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg.png
Kazakhstan
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
Poland

Predict that your team will win the gold medal?

Last edited:

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Only NHL players to beat Canada/Sweden in gold medal game.

B.Thachuk - Sens
Sanderson - Sens
Marino - Devils
L.Hughes - Devils
J.Hughes - Devils
Nelson - Islanders
J.Gibson - Ducks
Terry - Ducks
Goligoski - Wild

Even some world-class snipers to cup.

I am expert?

Last edited:
Reactions: therealdeal

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't believe my Red Wings will participate in this tournament

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
As a Finn I rather see The Oilers win the SC than finland "win" some meaningless ŝkoda cup. Can't be bothered w/ national team games.

• Wow
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Great Britain might surprise hockey experts?

A possible quarterfinal ticket of Great Britain surprises lots of experts and fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No you wouldn´t. You just say that because it sounds cool.
FWIW... I'd shit my pants if the Czechs ever won a Skoda again. I'd celebrate that like Nagano!

I feel the same if my Oilers ever win a Cup again.

2 decades of both your teams sucking is exhausting.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
FWIW... I'd shit my pants if the Czechs ever won a Skoda again. I'd celebrate that like Nagano!

Me too, and almost all the finns do. Thats why I find it extremely weird if someone acts like they dont give a damn. I cant find any joy when some foreign club team with zero finnish players win a trophy thousands of kilometres away. But I guess the people are different.

Reactions: Czechboy

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
This one is very tempting, I might go to prague support team Switzerland, it seems pretty cheap and really beautiful.

Speaking of Switzerland, I guess we will see Hischier, Meier and Siegs with the team as New Jersey seems in a bad position right now.

I hope to see Josi, that would be great, with him the team can do anything, he is such a game changer with his leadership, he hasn't been on the team since 2019 and last year he had a concussion unfortunately...

It's pretty sure that Fiala won't come as his wife is expecting their first child on may.

Hope we see Bichsel too, he brokes he's leg just before the tourney last year but hopefully he's back this year, he is young but already have the potential to be a difference maker.

That being said, I'm not expecting anything from the team, always the same coach and nothing changes, year after year... I would start to have hopes if Josi is part of this team.

I wish the Czechs make something of their tourney! Good luck guys.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This one is very tempting, I might go to prague support team Switzerland, it seems pretty cheap and really beautiful.

Speaking of Switzerland, I guess we will see Hischier, Meier and Siegs with the team as New Jersey seems in a bad position right now.

I hope to see Josi, that would be great, with him the team can do anything, he is such a game changer with his leadership, he hasn't been on the team since 2019 and last year he had a concussion unfortunately...

It's pretty sure that Fiala won't come as his wife is expecting their first child on may.

Hope we see Bichsel too, he brokes he's leg just before the tourney last year but hopefully he's back this year, he is young but already have the potential to be a difference maker.

That being said, I'm not expecting anything from the team, always the same coach and nothing changes, year after year... I would start to have hopes if Josi is part of this team.

I wish the Czechs make something of their tourney! Good luck guys.
Is Schmidd available in net or his he AHL bound? (eg. lots of Czechs are heading to Calder Cup instead of Prague and I am bitter - Blumel, Kulich, Jiricek, Rousek, SImek, Zboril and Smejkal)

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
this tournament always meant much more for European countries and fans than those in US and Canada, mostly due to the fact that games there are at midnight.. but i remember in 2008 when the tournament was in Canada, arenas were full and people loved it.

also, its tradition here, in the 70s and 80s when hockey started building its popularity here, this was biggest thing for hockey players and fans, as not everyone could watch NHL and players at that time didnt play overseas.

i remember as a kid sitting next to my dad watching games every year, even people who didnt watch hockey at all are paying attention for those 2 weeks and supporting NT.

Canada sended many times great rosters, i mostly remember their winning teams in 2015 and 2016, or the one we eliminated in QF in 2012.. those teams were stacked with stars and good players.. US also had really good teams with Kane, Matthews etc before covid, aiming for gold.

with NHL Olympic and WC coming, overlaping every 2 years, this tournament will still be relevant as we could see which country has biggest and best depth, coaching and it will be chance for smaller nations to win something and make their mark (Switzerland, Czechia, Germany, Slovakia).. having 3 tournaments on regular basis is what hockey needed to expand and building its popularity.

Last edited:

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Is Schmidd available in net or his he AHL bound? (eg. lots of Czechs are heading to Calder Cup instead of Prague and I am bitter - Blumel, Kulich, Jiricek, Rousek, SImek, Zboril and Smejkal)
Schmid is in his last year of contract, so I dont think he will show up. (Same for Moser unfornunately). As for Josi, Nashville is still in a playoffspot, so thats like a 50/50. Kurashev will probably come though.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Schmid is in his last year of contract, so I dont think he will show up. (Same for Moser unfornunately). As for Josi, Nashville is still in a playoffspot, so thats like a 50/50. Kurashev will probably come though.
Meant to say above... sounds like Swiss should be a medal threat. Some serious horsepower coming in and lots of good players in NLA to fill it out. Getting pretty excited about this tourney tbh!

Reactions: Playmaker82

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
this tournament always meant much more for European countries and fans than those in US and Canada, mostly due to the fact that games there are at midnight.. but i remember in 2008 when the tournament was in Canada, arenas were full and people loved it.

also, its tradition here, in the 70s and 80s when hockey started building its popularity here, this was biggest thing for hockey players and fans, as not everyone could watch NHL and players at that time didnt play overseas.

i remember as a kid sitting next to my dad watching games every year, even people who didnt watch hockey at all are paying attention for those 2 weeks and supporting NT.

Canada sended many times great rosters, i mostly remember their winning teams in 2015 and 2016, or the one we eliminated in QF in 2012.. those teams were stacked with stars and good players.. US also had really good teams with Kane, Matthews etc before covid, aiming for gold.

with NHL Olympic and WC coming, overlaping every 2 years, this tournament will still be relevant as we could see which country has biggest and best depth, coaching and it will be chance for smaller nations to win something and make their mark (Switzerland, Czechia, Germany, Slovakia).. having 3 tournaments on regular basis is what hockey needed to expand and building its popularity.
Agree with all of it but the games are at 2pm and 10am in Canada. The midnight schedules are when it's in Asia. Eg. Nagano gold medal game was at something like 3am.lol Slovakia is 6 hours ahead of Toronto for instance. So an 8pm game in Bratislava is 2pm in Toronto.

Canada and US have been sending weaker rosters (by their World Championships standards) since Covid. I'm hoping with the new tourneys coming that they use this as insentive to get guys to come out that may be on the bubble for a best on best roster. Young strong players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00