WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
im fine with him on the team, but not in top 6. We need good NHLers in top 6 to get a medal.
Yes, Lindberg is definately one of the best players we have in Europe and is almost a lock on the team unless we get extremely lucky with NHLers. He would be the last Euro forward to cut in my mind. Him any higher than 3C would give me worry though, as you said, we need quality NHLers to medal at this tourney

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Yes, Lindberg is definately one of the best players we have in Europe and is almost a lock on the team unless we get extremely lucky with NHLers. He would be the last Euro forward to cut in my mind. Him any higher than 3C would give me worry though, as you said, we need quality NHLers to medal at this tourney

Sweden played better with the NHL pro.

Finland played better with the European pro.

Finn never succeed with the NHL pro.

Inconceivable.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Sweden played better with the NHL pro.

Finland played better with the European pro.

Finn never succeed with the NHL pro.

Inconceivable.

Seems like the education system in Sweden is falling below any reasonable standards - and we cannot point that out, because it is not allowed to point that out?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Lekkerimaki's outstanding SHL season is over as Orebro was eliminated in the playoffs yesterday.

There is news out of Vancouver that the Canucks wants Lekky to join their AHL team for the rest of the regular season and playoffs, this is what Elias Pettersson (Dman) has already done.

However, Lekky apparently has been in contact with the Swedish National Team who has expressed some interest in having Lekky join the mens team for the World Championship. Apparently, Lekky is prioritizing the World Championship over AHL.

Will be interesting to see if Lekky will get an invite.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Seems like the education system in Sweden is falling below any reasonable standards - and we cannot point that out, because it is not allowed to point that out?
What?

Lekkerimaki's outstanding SHL season is over as Orebro was eliminated in the playoffs yesterday.

There is news out of Vancouver that the Canucks wants Lekky to join their AHL team for the rest of the regular season and playoffs, this is what Elias Pettersson (Dman) has already done.

However, Lekky apparently has been in contact with the Swedish National Team who has expressed some interest in having Lekky join the mens team for the World Championship. Apparently, Lekky is prioritizing the World Championship over AHL.

Will be interesting to see if Lekky will get an invite.
We are playing against finland 15-19 april, 2 games

its a crime if he is not on that roster

Last edited:

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
What?

We are playing against finland 15-19 april, 2 games

its a crime if he is not on that roster

Lekkerimaki has to decide whats best for his development and what he wants to prioritize.

I dont have an answer on what the best route is. Q Hughes played in the Worlds for USA and he said it helped him alot for development.

However with Lekky, he has a chance to come to North America and get a head start with getting used to North American hockey with the rink size and play. He can joing the AHL team for practices and playoff games.

He could also be a black ace for the Canucks during their playoff run which would be a great eye opener and experience for Lekky being able to practice with guys like QHughes, Pettersson, Miller on a daily basis while having the Sedins and Tochett coach him and mentor him.

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat

Finland does not succeed in the world connection with NHL pro.

Finland didn't win with six or seven NHL pro, but Rantanen was their highest-scoring player last year.

Finland are inferior with NHL stars.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Everberg is killing it in the playoffs. Hallam will probaly pick him becuse of this. We all know Everberg is gonna suck in wc.

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Hopefully we can get a proper 1C to the tournament, that was what killed us last year. But it doesn't look overly good, Eriksson Ek has missed a few games with injuries, so there is a big risk of decline. Leo Carlsson has also battled injuries. William Eklund can play center, but I think he has mainly played wing, I don't know if I trust him. Mikael Backlund is older and seems like a decline, I am also unsure if he produces enough for the 1C role.

Let's hope Vancouver chokes and Pettersson comes

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If the declines pour in? Sure. But he's with Detroit so can't say he'll be allowed to go.
If the declines pour in, i wonder if Lagesson and G Lindtröm will get a tryout. Lindström seems to be doing great on a shit team. Lagesson is very gritty and was well liked by Oilers and Leafs fans.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
NHL availability:

SJS (Eklund, Zetterlund)
CHI (A.Söderblom)
ANA (Carlsson, Lundeström, Silfverberg, Lagesson, Lindström)
ARI
CGY (Backlund, Andersson, Kylington, Markström)
SEA (A.Larsson, Burakovsky)
MIN (Eriksson Ek, M.Johansson, Brodin, Gustavsson)
STL (Sundqvist)
CBJ (A.Nylander, Boqvist)
MTL
OTT (Brännström, A.Forsberg)
NJD (Bratt, Holtz)
BUF (Dahlin, Olofsson)

3 of 5 will not make the playoffs:

DET (Raymond)
PIT (Rakell, Bemström, M.Pettersson, EK65)
WSH (Sandin)
NYI (Engvall, Holmström, Aho)
PHI (Ersson, Lycksell)

Bolded: injured/Free Agent/Rookie

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
NHL availability:

SJS (Eklund, Zetterlund)
CHI (A.Söderblom)
ARI
STL (Sundqvist)
MTL
NJD (Bratt, Holtz)
BUF (Dahlin, Olofsson)

3 of 4 will not make the playoffs:

DET (Raymond)
WSH (Sandin)

There is potential for a good team there. R. Andersson, Brodin, Dahlin, A. Larsson would form a very nice top-4. Upfront it looks a bit thinner, but Bratt and Eriksson Ek would be a solid start and then some young guns in Leo, Holtz and Eklund. Markström would be the starter if he accepts, but with all the trade rumours etc, I think he will decline. Gustavsson would be good, he is also competing for a spot on the best-on-best team, so that might motivate him to come. Anton Forsberg I am not sure if he'd be a huge upgrade of a Euro keeper, I'd rather take Wallstedt again in that case.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Unless I'm missing earlier posts (and wouldn't have said this two years ago) how is Jesper Bratt not a lock for this team if he wants to play?

Along with Nico Hischier, he has been one of the few bright spots for New Jersey - taking his game to a new level. He has competed all over the ice - even killing penalties.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Unless I'm missing earlier posts (and wouldn't have said this two years ago) how is Jesper Bratt not a lock for this team if he wants to play?

Along with Nico Hischier, he has been one of the few bright spots for New Jersey - taking his game to a new level. He has competed all over the ice - even killing penalties.
He is

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Probably a year or two away but wouldn't be the worst move taking former Farjestad goalie Dennis Hildeby for one of the goalie spots.

May be a moot point because he could be with the Maple Leafs as a "Black Ace" or still playing for the AHL Marlies if either club has a long playoff run.

But his first season in North America has gone well for the 22-year-old and he is playing his best hockey of the season down the stretch; stopping 36 of 37 shots in a 5-1 win last night (The Marlies were out-shot, 37-19).

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Why is there no news from Sweden? Who from the NHL will come to the tournament?

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Why is there no news from Sweden? Who from the NHL will come to the tournament?
I don't expect to hear anything official until the release of the roster for the Czech Hockey Games. This Sweden management is usually tight lipped and don't say anything until everything is done. I also don't think the federations are allowed to formally ask a player to join the team until the season is done. I've heard many Team Sweden managers say in interviews that they're not allowed to ask the players during the season.

Why the media hasn't been able the dig something out, I don't know.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
I don't expect to hear anything official until the release of the roster for the Czech Hockey Games. This Sweden management is usually tight lipped and don't say anything until everything is done. I also don't think the federations are allowed to formally ask a player to join the team until the season is done. I've heard many Team Sweden managers say in interviews that they're not allowed to ask the players during the season.

Why the media hasn't been able the dig something out, I don't know.
I like to learn about the players long before the World Cup. Don't deprive me of this pleasure :)

• Haha

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
NHL availability:

SJS (Eklund, Zetterlund)
CHI (A.Söderblom)
ARI
STL (Sundqvist)
MTL
NJD (Bratt, Holtz)
BUF (Dahlin, Olofsson)

3 of 5 will not make the playoffs:

DET (Raymond)
WSH (Sandin)
PHI (Ersson, Lycksell)

Correction: added in PHI in the east's mix of bubble teams. Thimgs were worse than I thought for the east.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad