OT: Wayne Gretzky's restaurant - what's it like?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I usually make a least one trip to Gretzkys everytime I'm in Toronto. Good food, Food is a little pricey but I still find it pretty good. Love the hallway with all of Gretzky's memorabilia. I went up to the rootop patio last July and it was a good experience, went there at night. Pretty laid back.

Will be in Toronto in July again, where is Corson's and Wendel Clark's bars?

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
sucked last time i was there ...about 15 years ago give or take a few years, doubt it has improved

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
An awesome place to go is Lakeview diner on Dundas and Ossington. They make pies there every day and have a special milkshake where they incorporate a slice into the shake. Last time I was there they had the Elvis shake, vanilla milshake with peanut butter and banana cheesecake slice blended in. It was so good.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Patio is nice in the summer, everything else is ordinary at best.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The rooftop patio is nice in the summer, good place to have a few brews with the wife and friends. That said, don't bother with the food, there's far too many good places to eat down here to waste money on a place like that(overpriced meh eats). Go to a place like Sneaky Dee's,the distillery district,Amsterdam brewhouse,Hunters landing...I could go on. It's a dime a dozen sports bar.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Does the subway/GO Trains go anywhere near the restaurant in Vaughan? I'll be riding the subway most of my trip. Wont be driving at all.

I'm sure it does. Personally, if it's similar to the one in Burlington I wouldn't waste the trip.

The rooftop patio is nice in the summer, good place to have a few brews with the wife and friends. That said, don't bother with the food, there's far too many good places to eat down here to waste money on a place like that(overpriced meh eats). Go to a place like Sneaky Dee's,the distillery district,Amsterdam brewhouse,Hunters landing...I could go on. It's a dime a dozen sports bar.

This guy knows.

Maximus74

Mar 5, 2006
Ontario
Interesting feedback, thanks.

It also occurred to me that I should have gone to Koo Koo Bananas (anyone been there?) - now there's a hockey shrine. :naughty:

I'm from the area and actually know a few people that were there "that night" (including one of the bartenders)

From what I was told most people on the dance floor were throwing their beer around. The girl that got beer on her was one of dozens that got beer on them. Anyways, it was way overblown....

Jatt

Sep 28, 2005
Overpriced Tourist Trap, better to find a local pub in one of the neighborhoods just outside that soulless stretch of King/Front between Spadina and Yonge.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00