OT: Wayne Gretzky's restaurant - what's it like?

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
I used to live in Toronto but never made it to Wayne Gretzky's restaurant. Is it worth visiting? The reviews on the internet are all over the place and the address "99 Blue Jays Way" makes me cringe, but it's lasted quite a while...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Haven't been there in years, but I remember it being pricey and there was nothing special about it besides some memorabilia. More of a place you go to say you went, rather than due to the food or the atmosphere.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
So I guess if you eat there McSorley will force you to give a good review..:laugh:

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
It's "eh"...not terrible but not special either. Expensive because Gretzky's name is on the restaurant. If it was named after your neighbor it would have been out of business years ago.

Mynameismark*

Go to Shayne Corsons' instead. Better food. Better prices.

Not to mention Corson and Tucker are there quite often.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Just like any other pub really. Nice setup though. Pretty pricey. Alot of hockey memorabilia around.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Average food, expensive, but fun to visit. It was fun talking to Walter when I went.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
Interesting feedback, thanks.

It also occurred to me that I should have gone to Koo Koo Bananas (anyone been there?) - now there's a hockey shrine. :naughty:

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I went there in August, it wasn't great, food was on par with stuff you'd get at a chain place like Boston Pizza, I had one of there drink specials and regretted it as well, would have preferred a beer over that way too sweet cocktail.

Maybe walk in take a look and go somewhere on King West for food

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I've been to Gretzky's numerous times over the years and have always enjoyed the food and the ambiance.

It's a little pricey, but has never made my eyes bug out.

It is what it is: a good, solid sports bar/restaurant.

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Others have nailed it perfectly.

It's a place you have to go see just once. The drinks are fine and the food is okay too. But when you leave you'll know right away that you didn't get good value for the overall experience.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
It's like any other chain restaurant except there is a Gretzky memorabilia wing in the back. if you've been to one of Boston Pizza or Shoeless Joe's, you've been to Gretzky's. Like most restaurants, location is the reason it's still in business. Easily accessible to a large amount of people.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
The rooftop patio is really solid. Would definitely recommend it.

It's a pretty generic sports bar inside though. Not very memorable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad