OT: Watcha reading?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Steinbrenner. Really good book. Makes me laugh when comparing some things George did to things some fans on this board say.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Has anyone read Accidental Billionaires? The story of Facebook. It's the book the Social Network was based on. If you read it, I want to know if I'm crazy is the author's style obnoxious? I can't stand non-fiction authors that write like they're Shakespeare. I don't need a paragraph describing every detail in the book. Maybe if you read books as an art I'd get it, but this is a business book.

Currently reading it but kind of annoyed.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I'm actually reading the Harry Potter series.....first time I only got thru first four books. I watch the accompanying movie as I finish each book.

Also just finished reading King's 11.22.63.

Reactions: LokiDog and Leetch3

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
IMG_8843.jpeg

It’s a tome but it’s outstanding so far

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Read the Wheel of Time series last year and loved it all. Also read Piranesi last year which was phenomenal, and I highly recommend.

Currently starting the Dune series and am enjoying it so far

Reactions: apoptygma

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Read the Wheel of Time series last year and loved it all. Also read Piranesi last year which was phenomenal, and I highly recommend.

Wheel of Time is my favorite series of all time. Even the slow part in books 7-12 is worth the time. The last books is the best ending of any long series I have read. Brandon Sandersson does a great job weaving together all the loose ends.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Dune gets progressively whackier but remains awesome. Stuff like Star Wars can’t compare.

Just finished the Oxford World’s Classic version of The Brothers Karamazov. This version was translated by Ignat Avsey, and I thought a great job was done.

I can’t say anything about this book that hasn’t already been said; it’s just fantastic.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I'm finally getting around to The Last Tycoon.....F. Scott Fitzgerald has always been my favorite writer and I've read pretty much everything of his.....don't know why I never got around to Tycoon.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Currently reading The Confidence Man by Herman Melville.

Just finished the Oxford World’s Classic version of The Brothers Karamazov. This version was translated by Ignat Avsey, and I thought a great job was done.

I can’t say anything about this book that hasn’t already been said; it’s just fantastic.

Read this same translation and it was fantastic. One of the best books I’ve ever read.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Just finished a "for fun" book--Suburban Dicks by Fabian Nicieza. Really great debut novel from the long-time comic book writer (he wrote a bunch of X-Men comics in the 90s and co-created Deadpool).

Re-reading King Lear for work this week. I'm teaching my first graduate class this semester (Fools and Folly on the Renaissance Stage).

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Just finished Dark Matter (Crouch) which was a fun read and got through Hail Mary Project, both of which will movies or series at some point.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I'm actually reading the Harry Potter series.....first time I only got thru first four books. I watch the accompanying movie as I finish each book.

Also just finished reading King's 11.22.63.
Books 5, 6 and 7 get progressively worse. IMO, book 6 reads like fan fiction and book 7 is unreadable. Good luck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad