OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VIIII: Nine lives, cat's eyes

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Going deep on the 60's garage rock / proto-punk, if you couldn't already tell. This one almost sounds like it could have been recorded low-fi and released on some label run out of someone's living room in the 90's.

Reactions: Rebels57

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We love our 24-hour land of the lost marathon on XPN don’t we?
Featured album this hour

1711772942208.png

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I've had a Third Bardo song on a garage band comp from about 20 years ago. Here is the 1967 EP.

But the big news, my double DVD disc of the Band-Maid Yokohama concert arrived a couple of days ago. Wow! 3 1/2 hour concert plus a disc on preparation of the concert from concept to production.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Shocked that my job had this play tonight

Incubus and Band Maid are writing a song together; will be out in a month or two. Also Incubus and Band Maid will be playing at a concert in Japan this spring. Whether they will play a few songs together is TBD.

Listened/watched again to the 3 1/2 hour Yokohama concert. I have maybe 50 concert DVDs plus huge number of live concerts that I have attended, this concert ranks up there with the best of the best. As far as musical entertainment ranks up there with any Jimmy Buffett concert or any Elton John concert like the Yellow Brick Road one. Not hard to believe, but apparently over 1,000 Americans attending.

In the documentary disc, Akane, the drummer, was worried she would be axed because she could only do 120-140 beats per minute and Kanami said she wanted over 200. She practiced on double pedals unto she could do over 250 bpm, speed metal territory. In her improv moment in the concert, she did well over that. I am not saying she is Baker or Bonham, but she can keep up with the best of them, or at least good enough for the style of the band.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Also the one man band who is currently opening for Tool on their North American tour.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Went to a great show last night, the English Beat and Adam Ant. Was there more to finally see the Beat. Only Dave Wakling is left, but it was still great. Adam Ant was better than expected. He actually has more great songs than given respect for, and he played them all. Interesting that his band had 2 full drum set players. Crappy drive drive to New Brunswick NJ, but worth it.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Oooh. Heard a blast from the past in the car. It wasn’t this song, but you can’t expect the radio to play a non single from the first album even though it’s one of their best. Mid Atlantic glam rockers … Kix!

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Went to a great show last night, the English Beat and Adam Ant. Was there more to finally see the Beat. Only Dave Wakling is left, but it was still great. Adam Ant was better than expected. He actually has more great songs than given respect for, and he played them all. Interesting that his band had 2 full drum set players. Crappy drive drive to New Brunswick NJ, but worth it.
Took a quick peek at some video of his live shows in the 80’s and he used two full drum kits back then as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00