OT: Watcha Drinkin'?: Part I

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
My job was finally furloughed because of how dead our market is.

I applied for unemployment on Wednesday but I’m stuck, not sure what to do.

I have a degree in PR, a degree in criminal justice, military/law enforcement experience, sales experience, a ton of executive assistant type experience. I need to replace about 75k of income or we’re going to have a very hard time keeping up with our bills and rent. It hasn’t been an easy road since I left the military.

so that said... I’m trying to soak up and enjoy as much hockey as possible regardless of results, drank a 6 of landshark during the game, a bomber of some polish porter from my fiancé’s home town after the game and now it’s four roses. Cheers.

Best of luck... I’m in law enforcement and I’m not even recommending that these days. Stock market is crushing it if you have some money. Maybe look East?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
upload_2020-8-30_20-26-30.gif

Reactions: jacko23 and Trxjw

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Finally got a chance to pick up a Jameson Cold Brew bottle and while I'm not a fan of it on the rocks, it does extremely well with a coke.

Coffee flavor mixes perfectly and it's not overbearing either. Not as potent as typical Jameson (60 proof), but it's a solid mixer. Probably makes a killer Irish coffee. That is next on the list

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Revolver brewing co. blood and honey. 7% ABV for four this afternoon, followed by some Basil Hayden Rye. Now that I’ve moved to Dallas I’m joining the locals in enjoying the Stars surprise success this round.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Revolver brewing co. blood and honey. 7% ABV for four this afternoon, followed by some Basil Hayden Rye. Now that I’ve moved to Dallas I’m joining the locals in enjoying the Stars surprise success this round.
Austin Beerworks pearl snaps are crushable on a hot day.

Reactions: LokiDog

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If any of you drink Old Fashioneds, i highly recommend making one with Bib & Tucker bourbon. Absolutely delicious

Reactions: jacko23

Tucker McElroy

Oct 15, 2018
I’ve been a scotch drinker for a long time. Recently fell in love with Irish Whiskey. Particularly the pot still stuff - redbreast and green spot are fantastic. Any Japanese whiskey drinkers/recommendations?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Finally got a chance to pick up a Jameson Cold Brew bottle and while I'm not a fan of it on the rocks, it does extremely well with a coke.

Coffee flavor mixes perfectly and it's not overbearing either. Not as potent as typical Jameson (60 proof), but it's a solid mixer. Probably makes a killer Irish coffee. That is next on the list
The only way I can stomach Jamie is in car bombs. Funny how I hated Guinness and Jamie but liked car bombs back in the day. :laugh:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
My job was finally furloughed because of how dead our market is.

I applied for unemployment on Wednesday but I’m stuck, not sure what to do.

I have a degree in PR, a degree in criminal justice, military/law enforcement experience, sales experience, a ton of executive assistant type experience. I need to replace about 75k of income or we’re going to have a very hard time keeping up with our bills and rent. It hasn’t been an easy road since I left the military.

so that said... I’m trying to soak up and enjoy as much hockey as possible regardless of results, drank a 6 of landshark during the game, a bomber of some polish porter from my fiancé’s home town after the game and now it’s four roses. Cheers.

Keep your head up, Bro
Things always have a way of working out in the end.
No worries and thank you for your service.
Cheers to you!

Reactions: LokiDog

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I do enjoy drinking after busting my f***ing ass day after day for so many years.
Lately it's been more than just a social thing and it's not really cool.

Just something to keep in mind in all that's going on these days.. :shakehead

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Anyone have suggestions for reasonably priced craft beer shops in Manhattan? Cityswiggers is crazy with most crafts costing $6+ a can, Carmine street beers seems to be the most fairly priced shop I've visited with a great selection. Whole foods around town also has a great selection but is vastly overpriced at $21+ for a four pack of Grimm.

Don't mind going to breweries to pickup cans but sometimes I just want to walk into the store and have a variety of choices.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Anyone have suggestions for reasonably priced craft beer shops in Manhattan? Cityswiggers is crazy with most crafts costing $6+ a can, Carmine street beers seems to be the most fairly priced shop I've visited with a great selection. Whole foods around town also has a great selection but is vastly overpriced at $21+ for a four pack of Grimm.

Don't mind going to breweries to pickup cans but sometimes I just want to walk into the store and have a variety of choices.

Unfortunately I can't help you because I'm not in NYC but man that's gonna be hard to find a shop that doesn't mark up cans at least $1-3 from brewery direct unless they have a relationship with the brewery. So best bet is to ask the breweries themselves, like OH, Grimm, Finback, Interboro, Threes, EQ, etc. if they have anything in place with any local bottle shops.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Unfortunately I can't help you because I'm not in NYC but man that's gonna be hard to find a shop that doesn't mark up cans at least $1-3 from brewery direct unless they have a relationship with the brewery. So best bet is to ask the breweries themselves, like OH, Grimm, Finback, Interboro, Threes, EQ, etc. if they have anything in place with any local bottle shops.

Yeah its rough. I got a tip from a friend today about "Beer Run" on 19th street and 7th ave. Going to walk over there after work and see what they have to offer.

Reactions: JCProdigy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad