Speculation: Wat do we do with Dominic Moore?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It looks as that Freddie Gauthier is close to locking down that #4 center spot if he hasn't already and I think he has. Since to looks as though Gauthier has taken Moore's job I think it time to ask what do we do with Moore? do we waive him? ty to trade him for a pick? or would you keep him? I don't think he has played his last game in Toronto just yet, since they have a back to back coming up shortly, but short of a major injury to Gauthier I don't think Moore is getting the fulltime job back,

So what do you do?

Trade him? Waive him? keep him for depth?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Depth but I trust Fehr in the POs more. As a side note Fehr won't be back after opening his big dumb mouth.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Trade him along with our other useless vets before TTD - make it the gang of four out! Bozak, JVR, Komarov, Moore out! They aren't helping much. Komarov at least has elite PK skill. Bozak is good in shoot-outs but is a continuing liability 5v5. JVR has disappeared. Moore: well Babcock has decided that's enough already.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Trade him along with our other useless vets before TTD - make it the gang of four out! Bozak, JVR, Komarov, Moore out! They aren't helping much. Komarov at least has elite PK skill. Bozak is good in shoot-outs but is a continuing liability 5v5. JVR has disappeared. Moore: well Babcock has decided that's enough already.

Honestly if you can find a willing party, sure. I don't doubt that Lou would like to get some picks back this year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I think you need to forget the idea of the Leafs selling I don't think that is going to happen, Maybe Moore since Gauthier seems to have replaced hi as the #4 guy, but even there I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in another vet go to take some of the pressure off Gauthier since he is a rookie.

I doubt any of JVR Bozak or Komarov are getting sold, nor should they be

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Honestly if you can find a willing party, sure. I don't doubt that Lou would like to get some picks back this year.

Lou has 8 picks this draft, including a 1st and 2 2nds I think he is probably alright for picks, I expect a move to be made to bring in a D man because despite the fact he did score the game winner last night Connor Carrick can not be in the top 4, and he is and that is a problem

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs aren't selling, even the crappy vets..

I could see them selling Moore but only because they seem to have a better replacement in Gauthier, which has been my argument the entire time, seel whoever you want but only if you have a player as good or better than the guy you are selling.

They appear to have that in Gauthier

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
They should move him. His value as a 5th rounder or whatever surpasses the handful of games he'll play as a depth guy.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
As many have said, you keep him.

There’s a debate to be had about dealing away guys like Bozak, JVR and Komarov, since the Leafs would be able to get good assets for them.

But a guy like Moore would bring back, maybe a 6th?

Having the extra depth key in case, is more valuable than that 6th

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Keep him as a depth forward. He won't fetch anything of worth in trade, and he could come in handy down the stretch in the event of injuries.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
He's 37.
Leafs.UFA.short.deals.jpg

Cheap: 1 million

Will be hard to trade him, non ?

The UFAs cost $13 million this year.
He only takes in 1 million of that.
Not really a big deal either way.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Trade Bozak, play Moore in his place. I don't see a big drop-off in talent there and I think Bozak would command more on the market. This stems from the idea that Bozak wouldn't be here anyways next year.

If not that, then move him for a pick at the deadline. There's always teams looking for depth centres, and in the event Komarov isn't dealt I think he could fill in C role if there's injuries (or Nylander to a lesser degree).

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Trade Bozak, play Moore in his place. I don't see a big drop-off in talent there and I think Bozak would command more on the market. This stems from the idea that Bozak wouldn't be here anyways next year.

If not that, then move him for a pick at the deadline. There's always teams looking for depth centres, and in the event Komarov isn't dealt I think he could fill in C role if there's injuries (or Nylander to a lesser degree).

you must really hate Bozak if you don't see much of a skill drop off between him and Moore

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i'd trade him to a playoff team looking for depth, however leafs management thinks otherwise and will keep him for a playoff run.

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010
Depth but I trust Fehr in the POs more. As a side note Fehr won't be back after opening his big dumb mouth.

You don't trust the guy who has been to the Conference Finals and further 4 times over a guy who has made it past the 2nd round once? I know Moore has not been himself this season but come playoff time I take Moore 100/100 times. He knows playoff hockey better than anyone on this team, except Marleau.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
As many have said, you keep him.

There’s a debate to be had about dealing away guys like Bozak, JVR and Komarov, since the Leafs would be able to get good assets for them.

But a guy like Moore would bring back, maybe a 6th?

Having the extra depth key in case, is more valuable than that 6th
You don't trust the guy who has been to the Conference Finals and further 4 times over a guy who has made it past the 2nd round once? I know Moore has not been himself this season but come playoff time I take Moore 100/100 times. He knows playoff hockey better than anyone on this team, except Marleau.

That's true Dominic, I am sorry. I never really thought about all of that. I understand good times and bad times. You're a good player.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Keep him for depth unless some teams want him for a 3rd rounder or higher. At this point, his value to the Leafs outweighs any 4th rounder.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I've always liked Moore as a player but Gauthier being given the reigns for the 4C spot would seem to be better for us over a longer term. The easiest of the UFAs to sell in terms of us having a ready replacement. Could keep him around because the return wouldn't be all that much/depth reasons, but Sosh's health might be a factor. Think we'd be able to trade him rather than simply having to waive him, should that be the direction we'd be looking to take.

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don’t think Babcock likes him one bit.

I honestly think they may go out and trade for a 4C like they did last season at the deadline. Goat may indeed win the job, but right now his icetime has been pretty limited which I think indicates Babcock isn’t sold on him yet either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad