GDT: Washington Vs Vancouver 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Boo!
I’m at the game. That was f***ing terrible. Shoot the puck. Win a 50/50 puck. Put 2 or more passes together. Make some effort to defend cohesively. You know, do baseline NHL-level team stuff.
Also shoot Kuzy into the sun. He’s useless with wherever his head is at right now

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
A lot here won’t admit it - but we are in that position where you’re just a middle of the pack team.

We are not a contender.

We won’t be a top 5 pick either.

With Ovi chasing records and us being to the salary cap with a average nhl roster - this is what it is. Bland hockey that’ll just be less exciting than we are accustomed.

Due to failure of letting young guys play (mcmichael, johansson, leason, protas, etc) we stuck being an old team that didn’t develop young talent properly and now we are stuck with Lars Eller way past his prime, an older roster, having millions in guys who get 2 points a month and just kill penalties average, and it has caught up.

Is what it is - but this is just now the reality. So no reason to get so upset like before. We are a average team now and hopefully we just get done exciting hockey and a lot more Ovi goals I guess.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
A lot here won’t admit it - but we are in that position where you’re just a middle of the pack team.

We are not a contender.

With Ovi chasing records and us being to the salary cap with a average nhl roster - this is what it is. Bland hockey that’ll just be less exciting than we are accustomed.

Due to failure of letting young guys play (mcmichael, johansson, leason, protas, etc) we stuck being an old team that didn’t develop young talent properly and now we are stuck with Lars Eller way past his prime, an older roster, having millions in guys who get 2 points a month and just kill penalties average, and it has caught up.

Is what it is - but this is just now the reality. So no reason to get so upset like before. We are a average team now and hopefully we just get done exciting hockey and a lot more Ovi goals I guess.
almost mutually exclusive unfortunately, and we're seeing why

• Wow
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

We are not a contender.

I wish there was a sad emoji for that. We're not losing because of washed up vets like Eller or Johansson. We're losing because Carlson's game fell off a cliff and Nicky is done... These guys in their primes made us legit.

Who do we have that's threatening anymore, aside from Ovi when he has a clear shooting lane?

• Wow
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006

We are not a contender.

Is what it is - but this is just now the reality. So no reason to get so upset like before. We are an average team now and hopefully we just get done exciting hockey and a lot more Ovi goals I guess.
Gotta agree with you. Fans have to be realistic and need to lower their expectations. It’s all about Ovi chasing the record now. Although I have doubts now that he can do it if the team plays like this. I’ll be happy if he can break the 800 and pass Howe.

• Haha
Reactions: AllAlphas

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Also Kuznetsov might get suspended. The monkey’s paw might yet curl

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
The frustrating part is it didn’t have to be like this.
Had we gone for the transition toward a younger squad, we probably would have sucked even more. Another challenge is that the Caps don’t suck enough to get higher draft picks to start rebuilding its core.

So, we are basically riding on 80K tires which already have 75K miles on them, and we’ll be riding on them until they turn to dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad