Post-Game Talk: Washington vs tb

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Perfect, the 1B stars carried us tonight.

I loved that we hit to RH mandated levels. DSP could destroy guys all game long if he wanted and I was glad to see him rewarded for it. Willy and Ovi were trucking guys at every chance. Orpik brought some thunder

Favorite pass of the night... Stephenson. #Grinder

Last edited:

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Awesome win, wow that's what you call desire. They refused to lose that game, it would've taken some epic bad luck for it to happen.

On a game note, I'd be very curious for a high hockey IQ person to break down tape and give me a grade on Burakovsky. Admittedly I didn't notice him getting thrown around as much this game but I saw him chunk a breakaway and vividly remember a play where they were teeing off on us and he got the puck around the blue line and could've just cleared it out but tried to get cute and handle and got it stolen and they kept pressing. Didn't score but I sat there like wow thanks dick if they score it's all your fault. Maybe I only notice the dumb shit he does and miss the subtle stuff.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
That's as good and complete a post-season win I can remember seeing in a long time. I mean, the Caps controlled a lot of the play in Games 1/2, buuut Tampa also seemed really confused/uncertain in those games. Neither game really seemed like a complete effort on Tampa's part. But then Tampa adjusted and won three in a row and looked really good, often dominant, while doing so.

Tonight, it just seemed like a really good Tampa team playing well, and the Caps just played at 100% for 60 minutes, and that's what it takes to beat this Tampa team when they're ALSO playing well.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
If we get the final, is there a little break before game 1? With these kinds of physical commitments I feel a 3 or 4 day rest would be good!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Next game needs to be called like that. I liked that the refs mostly stayed out of it.

Well, sorta......eh, not really. Caps are carrying the play, and no penalties? They went 2 full GAMES (not periods, mind you) without a call against Tampa.

You’re telling me they didn’t cheat the rules once, in 120min of action? While being outshot, outhit, out hustled, OUT EVERYTHING, and they didn’t do anything wrong?

Bull Sh**.

Refs swallowing the whistle only helps the team that’s scrambling. Right now, that doesn’t help the Caps.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
qqeWfNR.jpg
Holy shit that was the best game I’ve ever attended at Cap One. Loudest I’ve ever heard the arena. The crowd wanted it and wanted it early! Awesome game, we are taking Game 7! Streets were mayhem after the game, tons of honking let’s go caps.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The reffing really benefited the Caps tonight, who threw enormous hits that would have been called penalties in the RS for no good reason.

It was great to see Willy throwing his weight around for the first time since the suspension. He needs to do that to be effective. Between him, Ovie and Orpik the Bolts looked like they were looking over their shoulders, especially toward the end of the 2nd.

Ovie may not be the prototypical 200 foot monster, but it's great to see him bringing the pain when he isn't scoring.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
That's as good and complete a post-season win I can remember seeing in a long time. I mean, the Caps controlled a lot of the play in Games 1/2, buuut Tampa also seemed really confused/uncertain in those games. Neither game really seemed like a complete effort on Tampa's part. But then Tampa adjusted and won three in a row and looked really good, often dominant, while doing so.

Tonight, it just seemed like a really good Tampa team playing well, and the Caps just played at 100% for 60 minutes, and that's what it takes to beat this Tampa team when they're ALSO playing well.
Tampa has never once in this series looked dominant. They've been the better team for 2 periods out of the entire series and even for about 3. Holtby being outplayed by Vasy was the story of 3,4 and 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad