Pre-Game Talk: Washington vs SENS, Thursday 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn1

Oct 5, 2017
Maybe reinstate the in and out privilege so that smokers can come to games.
I know I have not been to a game since the SENS stopped letting people leave for a smoke.
The smoking areas outside always had tons of people……this at least adds to the lesser crowds the last couple years.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Maybe reinstate the in and out privilege so that smokers can come to games.
I know I have not been to a game since the SENS stopped letting people leave for a smoke.
The smoking areas outside always had tons of people……this at least adds to the lesser crowds the last couple years.

Huh, interesting, nothing I love at a hockey game more than having a drunken chat with the other smokers between periods. That said I also experienced an arena where there was no in/out but there was a special room where people could go to smoke, it was kind of this long echoey hallway that felt like a parking garage without the cars, and that was a much grosser experience.

Let's go sens, we know how to beat this team!

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I looked on Ticketmaster and the opener it getting pretty close to a sell-out. The game on Saturday has loads of unsold seats though.

It is also the Thanksgiving weekend, lots of people travel and might not be available for the game, plus with the weather we have had all september I bet there are a lot of people who still need to shut down the cottage.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
This will also be my first home opener. I try and get 5 games a year in but going through a separation so suddenly I'll have 2 weeks a month where its just my time...I foresee many more games in my future.

Reactions: Back in Black

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looking forward to tonight's game. Washington is going to take a step back this year but we're also missing Karlsson. I think we play a good game but lose 3 to 2 in overtime.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ah, Melnyk. Taking a bit of a shot at your consumers on twitter. That'll surely solve the attendance issues.

Won't be watching this one, but Go =O= Go!

He seriously did that? Do you have the tweet? If so what a moron, he's the reason I dont go to as many games as I used to. Well that and I live downtown, no easy way to get there if you wanna have a couple beers. Alot cheaper to watch on my 60' drinking 2 dollar pints.

I think our D is going to be a tire fire.

Going out on a limb eh.... The idea of Oduya Ceci Phaneuf Claeasson as a top 4 d in the NHL is sickening. On top of that Boro is in the lineup too. Burrows + Thompson + Oduya vs Methot, Stalberg, Paul... hmmm I wonder which trio would have a more positive impact.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He seriously did that? What a moron, he's the reason I dont go to as many games as I used to. Well that and I live downtown, no easy way to get there if you wanna have a couple beers.
No, he did not. He was asked questions on the radio, and said that it's alarming that they can't fill the arena for the home opener after the successful season they had.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
A nice cherry on top of finally starting the season would be to have Nathan Walker make his debut against us. Been following him since well before he was drafted and I'm oh so psyched to see him crack the Caps roster.

Walker had a good preseason and was penciled in by most Caps fans to be 4LW to start. But Barry Trotz saw differently and instead the 4th line to start will likely be Graovac - Beagle - Smith-Pelly with Walker as 13th forward. There may be a chance that Walker slots in instead of DSP,but I wouldn't count on it since DSP lead the team in goals in the preseason. Here are the likely line combos with Wilson suspended:

Burakovsky - Backstrom - Oshie
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Vrana
Connolly - Eller - Chiasson
Graovac - Beagle - DSP
Walker

Orlov - Niskanen
Orpik - Carlson
Ness - Chorney
Djoos

Holtby
Grubauer

It's a top-heavy lineup for sure. The top-6, the top D pair, and the goaltenders are elite. Everything else is putrid.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
How do you figure?

While I haven't heard anything even close definitive, I have found that the more I respect someone as a businessman and community influencer the more adamant they are that there's no shot Melnyk keeps the team through the move. He hasn't made many friends in this city and people who work for him really tend to find him unprofessional and difficult to work with (mostly re: things unrelated to the Sens).

I've ever heard idle speculation that Melnyk is more likely to stubbornly try to torpedo the move and keep the team than he is to actually see the move through. Far from a guarantee, but I get the sense that Melnyk is quickly running out of rope and that, if and when he's thrown a life-line, he'd be crazy not to accept it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
While I haven't heard anything even close definitive, I have found that the more I respect someone as a businessman and community influencer the more adamant they are that there's no shot Melnyk keeps the team through the move. He hasn't made many friends in this city and people who work for him really tend to find him unprofessional and difficult to work with (mostly re: things unrelated to the Sens).

I've ever heard idle speculation that Melnyk is more likely to stubbornly try to torpedo the move and keep the team than he is to actually see the move through.

I've heard from some of my old friends/coworkers from when I used to work there that his partners in the Lebreton project are becoming increasingly more frustrated with him.

That's just arena banter though, like any workplace it can sometimes be hard to distinguish rumor from fact. Clearly it's not something that can't be taken with a big ol' grain of salt and worth more as entertainment value than it is as grounds for serious speculation, but assuming that there is some truth to anything I have heard through that grapevine and any truth to what you posted here, they do seem to at least be on similar ground.

Oct 10, 2010
Just went on ticketmaster.ca and quickly counted the remaining tickets available for today's game.

954 seats unsold as of 10 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad