GDT: Washington vs Sammy’s Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Pisses me off that management is still putting Ovi in the position where he has to carry the team. Dude is 37….either get him some significant help or be honest that this team is going to struggle.

The management sees that he put up 50 goals and 90 points last year.

The expectations are through the roof because of who he is, and he finds a way to exceed them most of the time… but he can’t afford to fail. The team falls apart instantly if he’s not the Great 8 every night.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Watching the Leafs PP just makes you angry because you see how nice an actual well run PP is. It makes you extra mad that Spencer Carbery is the one coaching that magnificent PP instead of being on the bench in Washington.
It's not just the Leafs PP, but more so most other PP's I have watched. Caps PP still like a broken pinball machine. There is very little skating movement, no fast puck movement with touch passing, and they keep shooting from areas that are easily being covered. When the fancy stuff is not there, you have to work hard and bear down even on the PP. Simplify if execution isn't going smoothly. It is a combination of the PP coach and players to adjust and I'm seeing no adjustment whatsoever.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I’m most concerned with how Ovie looks so far. No energy, slow legs, cannot get shot clear of defenders.
For anybody playing at age 37, it's more about getting into rhythm and playing smarter. OV knows what Kuzy does, but both are still getting used to Brown's type of play. As long as OV gets into a shooting rhythm and gets off his good shot, the scoring will come. He still can shoot the puck on net from different angles.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Come on guys, i actually said before the season that this team wouldn't make the playoffs but to base that on these last two games isn't really fair. It's two games.

So for those of you that had a good feeling before the season, not time to let that go yet. Even if i personally think this is the team we're going to see for most of the year.

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Pisses me off that management is still putting Ovi in the position where he has to carry the team. Dude is 37….either get him some significant help or be honest that this team is going to struggle.

I think what they're doing is helping him get 895 goals. And he did score 50 goals and 90 points last year so still our best player.

But yeah, even Ovi has an aging curve.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Shout out to NHL.tv - the latest crap international fans have to put up with, which forgets who you are after every game and goes out of its way to try to spoil the outcome with highlights before you can get to the full game replay - for managing to only put up the first two periods of the NBCSW feed. Game just magically ended after 40 minutes.

I therefore choose to live in a world where the Caps are still tied 2-2 after two.

• Haha
Reactions: PlushMinus

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Shout out to NHL.tv - the latest crap international fans have to put up with, which forgets who you are after every game and goes out of its way to try to spoil the outcome with highlights before you can get to the full game replay - for managing to only put up the first two periods of the NBCSW feed. Game just magically ended after 40 minutes.

I therefore choose to live in a world where the Caps are still tied 2-2 after two.

NHL tv is available in Zaire and Syria, but not Sweden. Here i have to pay 40 bucks a month to watch the Caps. Should just move to Syria at this point

• Wow
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
NHL tv is available in Zaire and Syria, but not Sweden. Here i have to pay 40 bucks a month to watch the Caps. Should just move to Syria at this point
Same here, 44,90€ for hockey content per month. I think imma pass on that, I have my own ways to watch hockey for free and 720p. Greedy c***s.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

origin[1].jpg

I love John, hes a Cap, heart is in the right place .... but the dude is absolutely brain dead at times. Lights off, his body moves on auto pilot.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

That’s bizarre!!!

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
We better see CMM and Snively in if this continues.

I only watched the first period last night but ... seems like our 2nd-4th line are playing well.

CMM needs to spell Eller. I know weve been playing CMM on the wing last year but Eller is the only non top line guy that isnt playing well.

Top line - Ovie and Kuz need to be impacting games. Getting nothing on 5v5 and then they gt all the PP time and what are we .. 0/7 now?

Ovie and Kuz .. they are who they are. Kuz just coasts around 90% of games with an amazing shift here and there. Ovie is only going to get slower, first touch is heavy, easily losing the puck.

it is what it is and Im here for the ride.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
O ly 2 games in, not ready to hit the panic button, but it looks like a continuation of the post-season.

Also, who would of guessed the Gus-TvR pairing wouldn't be our worst? Weird.

Finally, Helen Eller is giving me Brooks Laich vibes. Good guy, probably change a flat for you after the game, but would be best filling a roster spot on someone else's AHL team.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
O ly 2 games in, not ready to hit the panic button, but it looks like a continuation of the post-season.

Also, who would of guessed the Gus-TvR pairing wouldn't be our worst? Weird.

Finally, Helen Eller is giving me Brooks Laich vibes. Good guy, probably change a flat for you after the game, but would be best filling a roster spot on someone else's AHL team.

You know when people type LOL .. they usually didnt actually laugh out loud.

I did .. thats perfect.

Did you come up with that? original

• Haha
Reactions: StrikingDistance

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
You know when people type LOL .. they usually didnt actually laugh out loud.

I did .. thats perfect.

Did you come up with that? original

I think I saw someone ask for a nickname for Eller last night and that is the first thing that popped into my lil cromagnon brain. I mean, he's about as useful as Helen Keller. Deaf, blind, and mute.

We should have a GDT survey each game of how many bonghits Carlson had before the game. He was in another dimension last night. I had him at 8 Spicolis last night.

fast-time-at-ridgemont-high-comedy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino