GDT: Washington vs Sammy’s Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
But it's not just the old guys. Even the younger guys play that way. Which is why I keep saying it's the coach.
In terms of areas of emphasis you're very likely right. But it's not like they're playing much youth.

All this shit is how it's gone down in past Lavi stops toward the end. Offense dries up to nothing. If the PP can't get sorted...probably lights out.

Reactions: Kalopsia

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Laviolette needs to take a serious look at his lineup choices. The lineup is littered with old guys who can no longer handle the puck. That includes OV. who might cleanly handle 30% of the o-zone passes to him. So with OV being a fixture you simply cannot have an Eller in the lineup.

I’m literally at a point where I despise Forsythe to no end. Like I wish someone would shave his eyebrows and inscribe an “ass” tattoo on his forehead.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Good Night all. It's still early in the season. Hopefully the D.C. sports media and talk shows call out Forsythe, lol. You can blame me for the loss. I flipped over feeds to watch a more stabilized view. I really love Joe B's call of the game, however the coverage tonight by was extremely choppy and sub standard.

Reactions: troyerlaw

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I have been traveling so only watched third period tonight out of the first two games so small sample but what i saw was PP looks like ass, Manthat doesn’t seem to give Sh*t. Mojo fine, Eller bad.JC74 bad.

Curious if that mirrors first 5 periods If someone can net it out for me.

Watching the Leafs PP just makes you angry because you see how nice an actual well run PP is. It makes you extra mad that Spencer Carbery is the one coaching that magnificent PP instead of being on the bench in Washington.
Totally agree. That was a missed opportunity by Caps! I wonder if they even countered or tried.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Thoughts on the game…

The team overall looks very “meh”. They’re not bad, but they’re not good either.That goes for both the forwards and defensemen. No player looked threatening, not even Ovi or Kuzy. Leafs weren’t much better if that’s any consolation.

Ovi and Carlson look like they’re both 45 years old.

Protas and Lindgren are the only positive surprises.

We’re squarely a middle of the pack team at this point. The core is dying a slow and painful death. This year will look a lot like last year, death by a thousand cuts.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not a very impressive performance
Laviolette needs to take a serious look at his lineup choices. The lineup is littered with old guys who can no longer handle the puck. That includes OV. who might cleanly handle 30% of the o-zone passes to him. So with OV being a fixture you simply cannot have an Eller in the lineup.

I’m literally at a point where I despise Forsythe to no end. Like I wish someone would shave his eyebrows and inscribe an “ass” tattoo on his forehead.
GMBM was the one who needed to address it. And he didnt. Only so much Laviolette can do

I see 0-3 coming up against the Habs. They are a much faster team than we are.
Who isnt

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't doubt Carlson, Oshie & Eller are washed at least. They're the toughest tasks in turning their games around I think. Their sheer sluggishness getting around the ice seems tough to overcome individually to add any fluidity to what's already an extremely choppy style. They could swap in CMM & Snively but it's still going to be dogshit a lot of the time. It's just how they roll only it's a lot uglier when talent can no longer get to their spots.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I don't doubt Carlson, Oshie & Eller are washed at least. They're the toughest tasks in turning their games around I think. Their sheer sluggishness getting around the ice seems tough to overcome individually to add any fluidity to what's already an extremely choppy style. They could swap in CMM & Snively it's still going to be dogshit a lot of the time. It's just how they roll only it's a lot uglier when talent can no longer get to their spots.
Yes… I think you put both CMM and Snively in together. Third line was slow and old.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Watching the Leafs PP just makes you angry because you see how nice an actual well run PP is. It makes you extra mad that Spencer Carbery is the one coaching that magnificent PP instead of being on the bench in Washington.
I see a lot more talent on the Leafs PP.

Liam Smith

May 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I'll start with the positives...
Really like the offseason improvements made by Protas. Fever has played well, fourth line continues to do it's thing, Chucky looks solid

It's only two games, but pretty much the rest of this team is playing individually. There is no flow in the o zone. You got wingers chipping the puck deep into the zone for the rest of the line to carry out a nonexistent forecheck. No chemistry, just a bunch of guys running around chopping at pucks aimlessly. The coach can only do so much in terms of game planning when players are physically limited (see 74, 77, 20, etc).

I think it's fair to say that they can't win on pure talent anymore like they did in the Todd years. They got Ovechkin, sometimes Kuznetsov, and...

Reactions: IafrateOvie34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille