GDT: Washington vs Sammy’s Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I see a lot more talent on the Leafs PP.
To an extent, yes. Their overall skill is probably a bit better than Washington’s, but the biggest difference is how their PP operates. They skate and change places, they move the puck faster and their decision making seemed better overall. The had Washington’s PK looking silly quite a bit last night.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
To an extent, yes. Their overall skill is probably a bit better than Washington’s, but the biggest difference is how their PP operates. They skate and change places, they move the puck faster and their decision making seemed better overall. The had Washington’s PK looking silly quite a bit last night.
I think they clearly have the younger, quicker, more talented, more explosive PP unit. They can do things our unit can’t, just physically even IMO. Ovy not mobile in that fashion, Backy either when he’s in the lineup. I just see our PP vs Toronto and see a much more explosive unit there….

Otherwise, a high movement system seems like something they would attempt…I just don’t think they have the full stable of horses to run it successfully.

dunno….

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think they clearly have the younger, quicker, more talented, more explosive PP unit. They can do things our unit can’t, just physically even IMO. Ovy not mobile in that fashion, Backy either when he’s in the lineup. I just see our PP vs Toronto and see a much more explosive unit there….

Otherwise, a high movement system seems like something they would attempt…I just don’t think they have the full stable of horses to run it successfully.

dunno….
Agreed on the physical limitations. At this point I think just quicker decisions annd moving to puck anround overall would help the unit out somewhat. It at least moves the PKers around and opens up opportunities for passing lanes. It’s tough to watch the guy on the half wall sit and hold onto the puck for 10 seconds and try and force a pass into the slot for a one timer. Especially now that the league knows what’s coming.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I think I saw someone ask for a nickname for Eller last night and that is the first thing that popped into my lil cromagnon brain. I mean, he's about as useful as Helen Keller. Deaf, blind, and mute.

We should have a GDT survey each game of how many bonghits Carlson had before the game. He was in another dimension last night. I had him at 8 Spicolis last night.

fast-time-at-ridgemont-high-comedy.gif
Didn’t we have a mike green scale similar to that years ago?

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
No worries guys. Ovi has had lots of slow starts before. Then he will pot 8 i 10 games and so on.

No worries guys. Ovi has had lots of slow starts before. Then he will pot 8 i 10 games and so on.

ScruggsCO

Jul 13, 2022

Some microstats from this one.

This is really interesting and kinda hammers in some things everyone is saying.

Top D pairing was atrocious. That was obvious from watching the game, but sheesh those numbers are glaring.

Top line setup numbers are super lopsided. That's got to be addressed with puck movement. Super hard when everyone is just trying to feed OV.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Agreed on the physical limitations. At this point I think just quicker decisions annd moving to puck anround overall would help the unit out somewhat. It at least moves the PKers around and opens up opportunities for passing lanes. It’s tough to watch the guy on the half wall sit and hold onto the puck for 10 seconds and try and force a pass into the slot for a one timer. Especially now that the league knows what’s coming.
Everything is incredibly deliberate. Like we're waiting for a PKer to fall asleep or trip over their skates and give us a passing lane. Sometimes making quick passes just for the sake of making quick passes gets the PKers scrambling and tired, which can be an important part of a PP (as we saw with Toronto's first PP goal last night). Not every pass has to be one or two passes before a shot. Nor does our PP have to be speedsters to move around. For example, Toronto was moving their bumper guy up and down, sometimes receiving passes as a pressure outlet. Or they would move to create passing angles. On their PP goal Rielly was playing the puck below the goal, then went went to the left, cut in to receive a pass, and sent it to Tavares.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The last two games is exactly why you infuse youth in lineups and not keep adding or expecting much from veterans way past their duties. Of course I'm not talking about veterans like Ovy, but the guys like Eller. I guess it's ok to start the season and flip a coin and hope it works out, but not continue this path.

Reactions: Hivemind

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Same here, 44,90€ for hockey content per month. I think imma pass on that, I have my own ways to watch hockey for free and 720p. Greedy c***s.

Yep. I would gladly like pay like 10-15 bucks/euros but apparently that's not an option, so i go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad