GDT: Washington vs Ottawa 700pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I assume Beck will get sent back to hershey for their game tomorrow and Kuzy will be back in.

I don’t think McMichael looks good. He should be sent to Hershey and get minutes and mojo.

Lavi just gets so entrenched. To a fault. This is why his shelf life is usually 3 years.

How about trying something like:

OV-Kuzy-Sheary
Shively-Strome-Oshie
Mojo-Eller-Mantha
Malenstyn-Dowd-Hathaway
McMichael to Hershey
Protas extra

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
hard to prove much when you dont even get 9 minutes of ice time. It wasn't a good game for him, don't get me wrong, but the "there wont be any limits on the young guys" comment just seems a little off when both he and protas were benched for most of the game

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Snively got some minutes tonight so that’s interesting, but still not sure why they choose to elevate him over the other younger guys, who presumably have more upside.

Would rather see McMichael on PP2 or even some shifts for Lars Eller. Play Protas more, those guys have a chance to really turn into something pretty good. Snively seems like a fine player but probably tops out as a Conor Sheary / Travis Boyd type.

Just a bit frustrating to see this type of player get double the ice time of our “top” prospects

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
hard to prove much when you dont even get 9 minutes of ice time. It wasn't a good game for him, don't get me wrong, but the "there wont be any limits on the young guys" comment just seems a little off when both he and protas were benched for most of the game

They did also take a ton of penalties, these guys don't see the ice on the PK. Your point is perfectly valid otherwise though.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I have no issue with Snively getting minutes. He is fast, nice shot and looks a lot strong on the boards than McMichael. I thought he should have been in from the beginning over Mojo but he too has impressed. Like it or not, we aren’t trying to rebuild… we are trying to win.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I have no issue with Snively getting minutes. He is fast, nice shot and looks a lot strong on the boards than McMichael. I thought he should have been in from the beginning over Mojo but he too has impressed. Like it or not, we aren’t trying to rebuild… we are trying to win.
so playing bad veterans over rookies with potential to be so much better than said vets is going to help us win?

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
so playing bad veterans over rookies with potential to be so much better than said vets is going to help us win?
I’m not sure what your point is. Snively is 26 in his first year of a one-way NHL contract. He is better than McMike right now. Mojo is better than all of them this year. Eller is better than McMike. If he had stepped up then we could move Eller, but he has not. Full stop.

but if this doesn’t get better in the next couple of months, they may need to just blow it up a bit.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I’m not sure what your point is. Snively is 26 in his first year of a one-way NHL contract. He is better than McMike right now. Mojo is better than all of them this year. Eller is better than McMike. If he had stepped up then we could move Eller, but he has not. Full stop.

but if this doesn’t get better in the next couple of months, they may need to just blow it up a bit.
MoJo, sure. He has been much better than expected this year. I cannot confidently say based off of this year and last year that any of the other players mentioned have anything on McMichael besides the age number being higher than 25

Reactions: koalabear9301

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
The forwards are one thing but this is a sneaky bad defense also. Carlson & Fehervary are really limited, often stationary defenders, leaving wide gaps to be exploited. Couple that with forwards also incapable of covering up for anything defensively and it's playing with fire against most teams halfway competitive. Odds are most nights they will lose the battle of wits and athleticism and that's something they really need to clue into organizationally.

They did have something going earlier on in the game. Within their limited groove they can be effective and that's keeping it simple, poised on the puck and playing as units. But in terms of blunting momentum, elevation, the PK, all of the hallmarks of highly competitive teams...they don't have that kind of gas anymore. They also don't seem to have any apparent longer-term plan other than continuing to stick to their increasingly narrow path to what's becoming a pretty stale recipe.
Fehervary is atrocious ive been saying this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad