GDT: Washington vs Ottawa 700pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
Wheels coming off of the bus this season? Looked slow, disinterested and outclassed. Goalie can only do so much when you throw that many pucks at him. :/

Reactions: troyerlaw

ScruggsCO

Jul 13, 2022
Gunna be upset if this ends an no one has a scrap.

If they skate to the bench without showing any compete ...

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I had the Caps getting blown out tonight, so I guess a 4-2 loss isn't bad, but didn't have to be a loss :(. Wait, make that 5-2 loss.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I have been a big supporter of Lavi. But watching these last couple of games and listening to him say players need to be more disciplined and play the system… I think he is overcoaching. He needs to let them just go after it. Just look at how Ottawa was coached to play tonight. And what torts is doing in Philly. They are winning with shear “get after it” system versus a “tactical” system. That is oversimplifying, but its like we are scared to play.

ToddBrew

Oct 5, 2017
I have been a big supporter of Lavi. But watching these last couple of games and listening to him say players need to be more disciplined and play the system… I think he is overcoaching. He needs to let them just go after it. Just look at how Ottawa was coached to play tonight. And what torts is doing in Philly. They are winning with shear “get after it” system versus a “tactical” system. That is oversimplifying, but its like we are scared to play.
Well said. The Caps are big, slow and tied to Lavi's "system" whatever that is. A big, physical team doesn't win cups anymore in this league. Skill does.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This is a bad, old, slow team. Great run but we are looking at the end barring a miracle
What miracle could possibly happen? Remember the Florida 3rd period last season? It was a microcosm of our issues. This team lacks high level puck handlers with the exception of Kuzy, who is a head case. They lack speed. Maybe better cohesion can occur with time, but even the NHL’s Ottawas are faster and more skilled than us.

Dibbs31

Apr 28, 2016
What miracle could possibly happen? Remember the Florida 3rd period last season? It was a microcosm of our issues. This team lacks high level puck handlers with the exception of Kuzy, who is a head case. They lack speed. Maybe better cohesion can occur with time, but even the NHL’s Ottawas are faster and more skilled than us.
I dont know but a miracle is literally what it sounds like. It means that it is an extreme long shot. You're acting like I said we have a legit shot of being a good team.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The forwards are one thing but this is a sneaky bad defense also. Carlson & Fehervary are really limited, often stationary defenders, leaving wide gaps to be exploited. Couple that with forwards also incapable of covering up for anything defensively and it's playing with fire against most teams halfway competitive. Odds are most nights they will lose the battle of wits and athleticism and that's something they really need to clue into organizationally.

They did have something going earlier on in the game. Within their limited groove they can be effective and that's keeping it simple, poised on the puck and playing as units. But in terms of blunting momentum, elevation, the PK, all of the hallmarks of highly competitive teams...they don't have that kind of gas anymore. They also don't seem to have any apparent longer-term plan other than continuing to stick to their increasingly narrow path to what's becoming a pretty stale recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad