peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
lcxyE0D.gif

Reactions: Blitzkrieg365

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
We had a thread a couple years ago debating kuzy Vs Bura. Little did we know Vrana would pass Bura

Bura looked better his first season then he does now. His development really has stalled.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
What?? Can someone please point out the rule that calls for a penalty shot in that scenario???

Found it: 53.6 Penalty Shot - When any member of the defending team, including the Coach or any non-playing person, throws or shoots any part of a stick or any other object or piece of equipment at the puck or puck carrier in his defending zone, the Referee or Linesman shall allow the play to be completed and if a goal is not scored, a penalty shot shall be awarded to the non-offending team. This shot shall be taken by the player designated by the Referee as the player fouled.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2018-2019-NHL-rulebook.pdf

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Found it: 53.6 Penalty Shot - When any member of the defending team, including the Coach or any non-playing person, throws or shoots any part of a stick or any other object or piece of equipment at the puck or puck carrier in his defending zone, the Referee or Linesman shall allow the play to be completed and if a goal is not scored, a penalty shot shall be awarded to the non-offending team. This shot shall be taken by the player designated by the Referee as the player fouled.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2018-2019-NHL-rulebook.pdf

This actually reminds me of a fun time I had around 1999 or so, my beer league team captain was from Buffalo and he organized a team road trip (From Ashburn VA) to Buffalo to play a charity game vs the Sabres alumni. Gilbert Perreault, Richard Martin, Fred Stanfield, Larry Playfair? couple others solid names. Great fun game (expect I was goalie and they scored 13 on us), but late in the game we got a breakaway and their guy hooked our guy so blatantly we all laughed at it, he kinda just tackled him. Got a penalty shot awarded. All the guys standing around the bench area, and when our guy skates into the zone, all the Sabres threw all their sticks into his path. Our guy dodged them sliding past him pretty well, got off a shot, but didn't score. Then we all went out to the bar and got drunk together. Great bunch of dudes, one of the highlights of my beer league life.

Final score 13-5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad