OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Perhaps it's because I'm a VT fan, but I always loved DeAngelo. The guy was a ball hawk with the best of them, and learned how to adapt and fill in to whatever role was asked of him as he got older. Both in terms of changing how he played at CB and then later his move to safety.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Perhaps it's because I'm a VT fan, but I always loved DeAngelo. The guy was a ball hawk with the best of them, and learned how to adapt and fill in to whatever role was asked of him as he got older. Both in terms of changing how he played at CB and then later his move to safety.

Always liked D Hall as well. He had some amazing battles with Dez.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
DHall was a hard hitter. I still remember him nailing Vick at the goal line and breaking his ribs and causing a fumble IIRC. Playing corner is tough, especially having to move up in run support and get clobbered by an OL, or the back himself who are almost all bigger than corners.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Hall’s transition from MeAngelo to a team player occurred around the time Shanahan was hired.

Anyway, he fits in the Ken Harvey category of Redskins history. Good player on bad teams and thought of once in a while unless he has a role with the Skins as a coach or in the front office.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Interesting. Central figure in stadium business? This news taken with Scott Campbell out, and Kyle Smith touted as a McVey type young rising GM prospect, and it won’t be a surprise to hear Bruce is leaving the Skins sometime in the future.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Could we be so lucky?

According to Cooley, no. His opinion on this hire is that a location for the new stadium has been chosen and smoozing politicians, Bruce's job, is done. Lafemina will answer directly to LiL Danny freeing up Bruce for football.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
According to Cooley, no. His opinion on this hire is that a location for the new stadium has been chosen and smoozing politicians, Bruce's job, is done. Lafemina will answer directly to LiL Danny freeing up Bruce for football.

Lucky us..../cry

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
He’s won so much off-the-field maybe that’ll translate to on-the-field now that’s he’s got some extra time on his hands lol...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Was listening to the radio and they were talking about the CFL and its larger field. That got me wondering about concussions in the CFL. Is there a problem there? Same as NFL?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Curious....never heard that suggested....increase the field size to offset the increases in player size and speed. Then how do you prove it’s the field size, if the stats are considerably lower in the CFL?

Last edited:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I live in Richmond near the Redskins training camp, I wish they used it more than three weeks a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad