OT: Washington Redskins 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Well was this or was this not the main reason we were told we couldn't sign Cousins? If we seriously had no issue with 28 mil, but let him walk for nothing after tagging him simply because we didn't like him..... well..... I don't even have words for that.

Are you ignoring the fact that Smith costs 20m himself? So yes. We have Smith and Richardson for 28m, versus Cousins.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
No, that’s the reason some posters here made up to mentally feel better about not signing him.

They were never going to go on a big FA spending spree like the old days IMO, Cousins or not.

It’s an 8m or so difference between Kirk and Alex. So our new #1WR Richardson. Or perhaps Wilkerson.

8m is not immaterial. And that’s assuming you even like Cousins over Smith.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It’s an 8m or so difference between Kirk and Alex. So our new #1WR Richardson. Or perhaps Wilkerson.

8m is not immaterial. And that’s assuming you even like Cousins over Smith.

Definitely not immaterial, but I doubt they spend it all. We’ll see, it’s early.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely not immaterial, but I doubt they spend it all. We’ll see, it’s early.

I think because they will have added a bunch of money in trade, they look at it as:
Smith and 3rd pick (compensatory) and 8m
For
Cousins and 3rd and Fuller.

I’ve read they are looking at Fuller’s older brother in FA. He’s a really good CB. Or perhaps Rodgers-Cro and someone else as well.

Realizing that they were a large part of Kirks departure (but so was Kirk), they are going to come out of this pretty good. Looks like Fuller traded for cap space. 3rds wash out for the most part. And Alex for Kirk. Older QB, but longer contract and arguably better.

They are saving face, whether people want to admit it, or not.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I think because they will have added a bunch of money in trade, they look at it as:
Smith and 3rd pick (compensatory) and 8m
For
Cousins and 3rd and Fuller.

I’ve read they are looking at Fuller’s older brother in FA. He’s a really good CB. Or perhaps Rodgers-Cro and someone else as well.

Realizing that they were a large part of Kirks departure (but so was Kirk), they are going to come out of this pretty good. Looks like Fuller traded for cap space. 3rds wash out for the most part. And Alex for Kirk. Older QB, but longer contract and arguably better.

They are saving face, whether people want to admit it, or not.

if they sign wilkerson or rodgers cromartie, the 3rd round compensation for cousins is gone.

breeland and richardson cancel out, cousins and rodgers cromartie would cancel out

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I agree Cousins could have maybe put on a better public face but I guess I just don't care. The NFL CBA is already stacked towards the owners and I just can't help but admire that Cousins (and more likely his agent) found a path to maximizing his earnings in a league where players are continually mistreated, even if that meant wearing two different faces. And in 3 years at age 32 he might be looking at yet another huge contract if he plays well in Minnesota.

Again, I don't care that he did what he did. Good for him. Go get his. I just wish he wasn't such a whiny little bitch about it.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
No, that’s the reason some posters here made up to mentally feel better about not signing him.

They were never going to go on a big FA spending spree like the old days IMO, Cousins or not.

We don’t need to go on a big spending spree, but we need to use our cap room to build a better team. Losing fuller out of spite is beyond ignorance, it’s stubborn idiocy.

Reactions: Hivemind

James Laverance

Feb 12, 2013
This is a lecture written by Samuel Robert Calthrop in 1858 then a teacher at the "School for Boys" in Bridgeport,Connecticut since 1851.
In this lecture he talks about when growing up in England(1830's and 1840's) he used to play all kind of sports including Shinney, or Hockey, and Skating.He used this as physical development education for his student's at the school in Bridgeport, CT.
Making it perhaps the first school to play Ice-Hockey in the United States in 1851.
Annual meeting of the American Institute of Instruction
Rev. Dr. Samuel Robert Calthrop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad