OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Draft and Post-Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
They’re not giving up JAX as a market….so I’d wager a new franchise if they move, or maybe just a new one for London?
The NFL will drop the 43rd ranked tv market in the USA for London in a heart beat. They know they have to build a fan base first. That’s why JAX was playing a home game every year in London. And JAX owner also owns Fulham, I believe. So he would have some experience owning a sports franchise in London.

Just to many signs pointing to JAX in London if the NFL looks to a team in Europe.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Jeremy Sprinkle with less speed...

giphy.gif

Reactions: max21

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
But better hands, taller and a good blocker. Valuable on goal line, short yardage and special teams.
He ran the 40 the same speed as Mac Jones so my expectations for him as a receiver are tempered but yeah, I'd take another Logan Paulsen. We'll see! I'm super interested to see how Sammis Reyes does as well.

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’m low key hoping for Sammis Reyes to become legit, we needed a blocking TE not necessarily a catching one. Thomas was one of the top TEs in the league towards the end of the year. But yeah I’m just trying to make myself hyped for this pick, slower than Sprinkle? Yeesh

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Love this draft so far. Took care of the trenches first then got a little sizzle with that WR and a big corner. The plan to wait for QB also seems wise.

Obviously the players themselves need to actually contribute and the in house guys need to take another step as well. I see a competitive team forming...

Loved the Reyes addition as well so feel free to include that in our 2021 haul.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The NFL will drop the 43rd ranked tv market in the USA for London in a heart beat. They know they have to build a fan base first. That’s why JAX was playing a home game every year in London. And JAX owner also owns Fulham, I believe. So he would have some experience owning a sports franchise in London.

Just to many signs pointing to JAX in London if the NFL looks to a team in Europe.

believe it when I see it. Like I said, could simply be a new franchise in JAX. Doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Which city do they want to rob the fans of their team identity, the founding fans, or the new ones?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
believe it when I see it. Like I said, could simply be a new franchise in JAX.

Which city do they want to rob the fans of their team identity, the founding fans, or the new ones?
If the fans can’t fill up a stadium then their franchise is fair game. Same applies to WFT but remote.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Expansion makes the most sense financially IMO. More lucrative for the NFL more jobs for the NFLPA.
Not so sure. Expansion leaves an odd number of teams and it will take 5 years at least to build a competitive team. Or longer. Where relocation provides an established team of NFL players in year 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad