OT: Washington Commanders: 2023 Offseason, the “Sell Dan, Sell” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

I dont have twitter ... plus I have the IQ of Pat Maroon.

is the guys twitter name "washingtonredskins" or Danny?

If its "washingtonredskins" .. I guess I understand the team seeing if he would put some disclaimer even though they are the Manders now .. small issue but why not see if the guy will oblige

has anyone created a "WashingtonRedskins" on threads yet? maybe get a season of free tickets?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Re the ranking of our WR and RB bare knuckle fight going on in here ... im middle.

Think our RB group should be a bit higher .. cant not consider AG who had back to back 1k seasons before 2022 in which B Rob shared the load. There are some BAD or unproven RB groups out there.

WR . weird bc we have a stable of horses and it seems we got the glass half empty credit for guys like Dotson and Samuels .. when id guess other teams with comparable players maybe got glass half full credit for question mark or young players.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I dont have twitter ... plus I have the IQ of Pat Maroon.

is the guys twitter name "washingtonredskins" or Danny?

If its "washingtonredskins" .. I guess I understand the team seeing if he would put some disclaimer even though they are the Manders now .. small issue but why not see if the guy will oblige

has anyone created a "WashingtonRedskins" on threads yet? maybe get a season of free tickets?
Apparently the guy caved and changed his Twitter handle.

Reactions: Neil Racki

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I did enjoy this bit:

When Snyder's lawyers -- famed defense attorney Joe Tacopina, assisted by Reed Smith partners Siev and James McCarroll -- began to show a series of slides, those in the room were stunned, according to sources. What was presented was not a defense against any of Wilkinson's findings made against Snyder; it was a series of screenshots of potentially embarrassing emails and texts from several top league executives, including Goodell's top lieutenant, Pash. The rationale, according to a source with firsthand knowledge, was to argue the hypocrisy of league officials judging Snyder. The tactics were so ruthless that some attorneys felt uncomfortable. Although none of the content was sexist, anti-gay or graphic, the signal was clear: If Goodell didn't do what Snyder wanted in terms of handling the Wilkinson report and punishment, these emails and texts would be leaked.

It became known in league circles as the "Blackmail PowerPoint."

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think it can be summarized like this: Snyder held onto one last page of the Blackmail Powerpoint, and he's using it here at the 2 minute warning, for no other reason than he's a raging ass munch and wants petty revenge.

Also, this:

That person also said Daniel Snyder no longer is willing to sign an affidavit that he did not leak the emails that led to Gruden’s resignation, after previously being willing to do so.

Of course he leaked them... finally one of his lawyers advised him of the legal ramifications of lying on an affidavit.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Here we go.

But one person with knowledge of the negotiations between the NFL and Snyder’s attorneys said Wednesday that, while Snyder is not seeking for the league and the other owners to indemnify him against future legal liability, the complications relate to the willingness of Snyder and his family to indemnify the league and owners against liability related to the Gruden case. Snyder’s attorneys are arguing that Snyder should not be responsible for any legal liability stemming from the actions of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and league attorney Jeff Pash, the person familiar with the deliberations said.

Snyder has no leverage. He’ll piss and moan like a child but he can either sell with some dignity or the NFL will vote him out. Either way he’s gone.
Unfortunately he has some….otherwise this would be done.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
But one person with knowledge of the negotiations between the NFL and Snyder’s attorneys said Wednesday that, while Snyder is not seeking for the league and the other owners to indemnify him against future legal liability, the complications relate to the willingness of Snyder and his family to indemnify the league and owners against liability related to the Gruden case. Snyder’s attorneys are arguing that Snyder should not be responsible for any legal liability stemming from the actions of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and league attorney Jeff Pash, the person familiar with the deliberations said.

Unfortunately he has some….otherwise this would be done.
Grown men with too much money that cannot play nice in the sandbox

Sep 19, 2008
I'm at the bowie game and out of nowhere Darrell green is walking on the field. He isn't signing autographs but he'll be glad to take a picture. As someone getting acquainted with the redskins in high school he was legit one of the best corners I seen.

Sep 19, 2008
PXL_20230715_001137827.jpg

Again I remember first watching the redskins around 2000. Darrell was close to retirement but he could still play somewhat. I believe his last year was 2004 during the Spurrier era.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I worked at the Toys R Us in Tysons Corner down in big tickets (aka where one had to drive around to pick up the big stuff like bikes). I helped tie down Green's sedan truck for a huge toy house for one(s) of his daughters. Was a long haired metal kid and a huge skins fan but I was way too nervous to say anything other than to do the job.

All chase downs are the best.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Sheehan asked Czabe a good question on Sheehan’s Friday podcast so I’ll ask it here.

When did you realize Snyder was a terrible owner?

Signing of Jeff George and Gibbs Part Duh were huge red flags but the 2 year Zorn tenure solidified things for me.

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Sheehan asked Czabe a good question on Sheehan’s Friday podcast so I’ll ask it here.

Signing of Jeff George and Gibbs Part Duh were huge red flags but the 2 year Zorn tenure solidified things for me.
Damn, this is an interesting question. I’ll play

I got season tickets during the Jim Zorn era. FedExField was a bad experience, and the ticket people kept lying to me about getting better seats.

Pretty sure after that I knew Dan Snyder was a dirt bag and refused to return to the stadium. I’ve maybe been back one time.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Uh, when he fired Norv Turner with a winning record (7-6) and a chance to still put up 10 wins and repeat the previous season's success.

So year 2....pretty much immediately.

Then the firing of Schottenheimer at 8-8 after 1 season was further proof this guy was not playing with a full deck of cards.

Then the "ball coach" move cemented the idea that DS was a horror show narcissist ramming through fantasy football level ideas.

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Then the firing of Schottenheimer at 8-8 after 1 season was further proof this guy was not playing with a full deck of cards.
Yep, when his admitted reasoning was he wasn’t having any fun because he gave Schottenheimer full control you knew he didn’t actually care about winning but more about playing with his toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad