OT: Washington Commanders: 2023 Offseason, the “Sell Dan, Sell” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
NFL analytics expert predicts Commanders’ win total for 2023

NFL.com analytics expert puts Skins win total O/U at 6.6.

Have the house to myself tonight. These last 3 hours of work are going so slow. Really tempted to leave quietly then text manager I have diarrhea and I had to go home bc I sharted my pants. Its straight out of the George Constanza playbook but that guy was a genuis.
was looking at some of the future odds and the odds to make the playoffs are pretty daunting lol

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
was looking at some of the future odds and the odds to make the playoffs are pretty daunting lol
They have a bad OL and a big question mark at QB. The rest of the roster is playoff caliber but the OL and Howell will determine how the season goes and with their statuses ranging anywhere from a big concern to a big question mark it’s not hard to see why there aren’t a lot of believers out there just yet.

This season is a wash anyway. Snyder is gone in 11 days and if Ron stinks there will be a new owner, new GM, and new coach this time next year. I hope EB does well enough that he’s a viable option for HC even if the team doesn’t do well.

Another option I think is more realistic than it sounds at first glance: Sean McVay. He almost left LA this year and they went all on the last few years so they could be very bad in short order. McVay coached here and it’s a pretty compelling sales pitch to say, “Come back to DC and help bring this franchise back to its glory days with a new owner and new stadium.” If McVay has any semblance of success he’ll be a god around here.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
They have a bad OL and a big question mark at QB. The rest of the roster is playoff caliber but the OL and Howell will determine how the season goes and with their statuses ranging anywhere from a big concern to a big question mark it’s not hard to see why there aren’t a lot of believers out there just yet.

This season is a wash anyway. Snyder is gone in 11 days and if Ron stinks there will be a new owner, new GM, and new coach this time next year. I hope EB does well enough that he’s a viable option for HC even if the team doesn’t do well.

Another option I think is more realistic than it sounds at first glance: Sean McVay. He almost left LA this year and they went all on the last few years so they could be very bad in short order. McVay coached here and it’s a pretty compelling sales pitch to say, “Come back to DC and help bring this franchise back to its glory days with a new owner and new stadium.” If McVay has any semblance of success he’ll be a god around here.
LB position is probably the worst on the team. Davis and who else?

With a new owner this year is a throw away, IMO. A lot of changes in the horizon. Just sit back and, hopefully, watch Howell develop into a serviceable starting QB.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
LB position is probably the worst on the team. Davis and who else?

With a new owner this year is a throw away, IMO. A lot of changes in the horizon. Just sit back and, hopefully, watch Howell develop into a serviceable starting QB.
That dude from Seattle — can’t recall his name — they signed is supposed to me emerging. At least he was for them. Seems 2 decent LB’s are all they need?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
6.5 wins is about the 8th pick. Very fitting seeing where the Caps and Wiz just picked.

Never to early to scout QBs this is a good draft class and whoever gets #1 wins Caleb Williams

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
That dude from Seattle — can’t recall his name — they signed is supposed to me emerging. At least he was for them. Seems 2 decent LB’s are all they need?
2 appears to be all they need with their scheme but LB is a physically demanding position. Quality depth is needed. Also, LB depth comes in handy on Teams.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I’m sorry, but 20th in WR’s? 29th in RB’s? I find that ridiculously off.
Their reasoning for the RB ranking seems reasonable to me. BRJ is a between the tackles, 2 yards and a cloud of dust, type back. Same with the rookie they drafted. Not a lot of long TD run potential. They don’t mention Gibby. He is the wildcard depending on how Bienemy uses him. The O-line is a factor as well.

WR? It’s McLaurin and who else? Dotson has enormous potential but he is still a huge question mark. He also missed a handful of games due to injury. Samuel, like they say in the breakdown, what is his role? I’m hard pressed to remember any significant play he had last season. But, as JP Finley says in a response to that tweet, who do they have after their top 3? Dyami Brown and Dax Milne? Not great depth.

Then there is the TE position. Thomas, Bates and Cole Turner. Thomas has injury concerns and what the hell is Cole Turner going to develop into? That leaves only Bates that you can count on but he hasn’t shown much as a receiver to this point.

I think the offensive rankings are accurate, for the most part, when you look at the team objectively. I’d raise the RB ranking up 5 spots with the Gibson factor.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’m not surprised we have a low ranking RB room, weren’t we dead last with RB touchdowns last year? We didn’t really have much production in the run game in 2022. There’s dynamic RBs all over the league that people value more than other fan bases. I’d rank the WR group atleast 15ish, we have Terry and hoping again for a Samuel breakout and Dotson who was injured and really didn’t have a crazy year when you see some of the other rookie wideouts last year.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Their reasoning for the RB ranking seems reasonable to me. BRJ is a between the tackles, 2 yards and a cloud of dust, type back. Same with the rookie they drafted. Not a lot of long TD run potential. They don’t mention Gibby. He is the wildcard depending on how Bienemy uses him. The O-line is a factor as well.

WR? It’s McLaurin and who else? Dotson has enormous potential but he is still a huge question mark. He also missed a handful of games due to injury. Samuel, like they say in the breakdown, what is his role? I’m hard pressed to remember any significant play he had last season. But, as JP Finley says in a response to that tweet, who do they have after their top 3? Dyami Brown and Dax Milne? Not great depth.

Then there is the TE position. Thomas, Bates and Cole Turner. Thomas has injury concerns and what the hell is Cole Turner going to develop into? That leaves only Bates that you can count on but he hasn’t shown much as a receiver to this point.

I think the offensive rankings are accurate, for the most part, when you look at the team objectively. I’d raise the RB ranking up 5 spots with the Gibson factor.
They can’t have it both ways. They cannot discount Samuel and Gibson bc they can play both spots (RB and WR). That’s kinda nonsense, isn’t it? They are both very dynamic players who have helped offense quite a bit (when on the field….looking at YOU, Samuel).

So I stick by my comments. These are bunk. Plus B-Rob is hardly “2 yards and a cloud of dirt”. He’s a 2nd year back who will make quite an impact, IMO (an example of this would be he and Gibson BOTH being top 35 fantasy RB’s per most preseason polls….that cannot numerically mean 29th in total). Same with the WR’s.

It’s fine, I mean who really cares? I guess I do, but not enough to continue arguing it. LOL

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I’m not surprised we have a low ranking RB room, weren’t we dead last with RB touchdowns last year? We didn’t really have much production in the run game in 2022. There’s dynamic RBs all over the league that people value more than other fan bases. I’d rank the WR group atleast 15ish, we have Terry and hoping again for a Samuel breakout and Dotson who was injured and really didn’t have a crazy year when you see some of the other rookie wideouts last year.
And yet no one seems interested in grabbing cook

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
They can’t have it both ways. They cannot discount Samuel and Gibson bc they can play both spots (RB and WR). That’s kinda nonsense, isn’t it? They are both very dynamic players who have helped offense quite a bit (when on the field….looking at YOU, Samuel).

So I stick by my comments. These are bunk. Plus B-Rob is hardly “2 yards and a cloud of dirt”. He’s a 2nd year back who will make quite an impact, IMO (an example of this would be he and Gibson BOTH being top 35 fantasy RB’s per most preseason polls….that cannot numerically mean 29th in total). Same with the WR’s.

It’s fine, I mean who really cares? I guess I do, but not enough to continue arguing it. LOL
Argument? Just a friendly debate I thought.

Just about every position on offense has a lot to prove this season. The potential is there for the offense to do something but a lot depends on Howell being serviceable at least, the O-line to solidify (I think it can) and player health.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Argument? Just a friendly debate I thought.

Just about every position on offense has a lot to prove this season. The potential is there for the offense to do something but a lot depends on Howell being serviceable at least, the O-line to solidify (I think it can) and player health.
I have 3 small kids. They “fight” all the time. All day, every day. I consider an “argument” as a nice civil convo. So, yeah.

However I hear you. No “fighting” here.

I get your premise. I think their skill positions in RB and WR are truly good to maybe great. Best I’ve seen in many years. I think.

OL is the key weakness, obv. It concerns me a lot

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The fact that Redskins Twitter can be verified for $10 a month and the commanders can’t do anything because Elon Musk is a scum bag is hilarious
I mean, it goes beyond that, right? Because ever since the episode of South Park I posted (and what they got away with) the reason they got away with it is because the government voided the copyright on the name and logo, so even if they sought the traditional twitter avenues of overpowering misrepresenting and misleading accounts they literally don't have a leg to stand on with the Redskins brand and logo

Far as I understand it you could still print and sell legitimate Redskins merchandise right outside the stadium with no "knockoff" tells and they still wouldn't have a trademark related grounds to order you to stop.

edit: in fact they weirdly might have less sway than most teams since you're not selling unlicensed branded merchandise, since they no longer own the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad