OT: Washington Commanders: 2023 Offseason, the “Sell Dan, Sell” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Seems like RR may be hiring the guy who's eventually going to take his job, eh?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
BOOM.

Can I gloat, yet?

HUGE pick up for the Skins. At least from a 20000ft view. Give him the offense and GTFO of the room, Ron (and everyone else).
Huge pickup based on what? He was an OC that didn’t call plays and he needed his HC to beg people to hire him, basically, after being passed over for HC jobs for years. This is far from a slam dunk.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
There is the delay. He wanted AHC title. Oh boy.
Not sure why you think it's a problem he wanted the AHC title? Of course he did. He wants to use this as a springboard to being a HC and running the offense, calling plays, and getting the OC/AHC title is all part of the deal. If he didn't get those things why would he leave KC?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Huge pickup based on what? He was an OC that didn’t call plays and he needed his HC to beg people to hire him, basically, after being passed over for HC jobs for years. This is far from a slam dunk.

Huge pick up based on results? Can you name a better candidate that they could have added? I cannot. But I’m not “in the game”

He’d have been on EVERYBODY’s top 3 list of candidates. Many #1.

That’s not a HUGE pickup compared to the rest of the OC’s discussed….and especially compared to Turner.

Are you arguing just because? EB was a “pipe dream” for this franchise just a month ago, now he’s here — and you aren’t impressed?

Huh

Reactions: max21

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
He was an OC that didn’t call plays

That's common. The thing that matters is that the plays being called are HIS plays. An OC's job is to coordinate the offense -- to organize it and make it as effective and efficient as possible. His offensive design is pretty great. Calling plays isn't that big a step. The tactics of play selection aren't nearly as complicated as designing the plays themselves.

You're focusing way too much on that point.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There is the delay. He wanted AHC title. Oh boy.
He was already an AHC with Minnesota in 2010 from what I see online…

That's common. The thing that matters is that the plays being called are HIS plays. An OC's job is to coordinate the offense -- to organize it and make it as effective and efficient as possible. His offensive design is pretty great. Calling plays isn't that big a step. The tactics of play selection aren't nearly as complicated as designing the plays themselves.

You're focusing way too much on that point.
Thats not common….last I looked it is/was more common (last count I saw) the HC doesn‘t play call….so yeah….coordinators do it a lot. I would like to see an updated count for the NFL…I think it’s shifted some with the recent (last 5 years) young offensive HC hires….

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure why you think it's a problem he wanted the AHC title? Of course he did. He wants to use this as a springboard to being a HC and running the offense, calling plays, and getting the OC/AHC title is all part of the deal. If he didn't get those things why would he leave KC?
If he wanted to be called the Grand Poobah of Offense, Ron was going to do it lol….

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

What I want to do is focus on the bottom line. It is sad, and pathetic, that Bieniemy has to take this job. It is humiliating for him and embarrassing for the NFL.

wow….the outrage….from USA Today….
They’re not wrong.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
They’re not wrong.
Maybe, maybe not. But I wish he would have provided the list of former OC’s who didn’t call plays yet still got HC jobs as a result of their OC work, which he says is long.

That seems like pretty damning evidence given that has been one of the key explanations for why Bieniemy hasn’t gotten a HC job. And frankly I would have thought it would have been front page news a long time ago.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
His contract expired and Matt Nagy is ready to take his old job back. If Bienemy didn’t take this job he might have been SOL. He wasn’t in a position to demand the AHC title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad