OT: Washington Commanders: 2023 Offseason, the “Sell Dan, Sell” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don’t like the player obviously. Mostly because in his 3rd year in college, in his only year as a starter, he completed 53.8% of his passes. That’s not in any way good.

If someone thinks he’s going to be the next Newton, who by the way completed 66.1% of his passes in his draft year, then have at it. I just hope to God it isn’t my team thinking that’s going to happen and making that pick.

Yeah I think you may be right. Just look at these college stats:

1676584015513.png

Can't trust that. All legs and no accuracy. 56.3% in your declaration year is....wait you said 53.8%. Who is this then?

1676584090355.png

Accuracy can be improved.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
If he didn’t want the job, why would he take the interview? If he can turn Washington into a top offence for the first time in over a decade. And pretty much gets to handpick his quarterback to work with developmental or veteran.
And could have already been promised the teams head coach spot when a new ownership comes in. Don’t think he hasn’t heard about Sean Payton getting an offer.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Yeah I think you may be right. Just look at these college stats:

View attachment 651351

Can't trust that. All legs and no accuracy. 56.3% in your declaration year is....wait you said 53.8%. Who is this then?

Accuracy can be improved.

Hey, g00n... You dropped a microphone on the floor there. Wasn't sure if you noticed, don't want you to lose it.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Our franchise ... isnt really worth 7 billion.

WORST attendance in the league last year (lets be real, thats the real reason owners set the ultimatum)
Horrible delapidated stadium that has a lease running out
No new stadium in works
Facilities are small and outdated
Eroded fanbase

Do own some prime real estate in Nova
Sure it is. The DMV is the #9 TV market in the country and the DMV economy is loaded and recession proof thanks to the federal government being the main economic driver in the region. Ok 7 bil is high but the team/market is worth more than Denver and Denver sold for 4.5. I’d say the team is worth 5-6 bil based on what Denver sold for.

The fanbase can be rebuilt. It will take some time but I’m ready to become a season ticket holder as soon as the ink is dry on the sale of the team. I’m sure I am not alone. I also think the stadium issue will be resolved quickly once a new owner takes over. Not built quickly but the process to build will start quickly. And I think the NFL will play a huge roll making a new stadium happen, like helping a new owner that isn’t Bezos with the bill and greasing the wheels to get the RFK site.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Sure it is. The DMV is the #9 TV market in the country and the DMV economy is loaded and recession proof thanks to the federal government being the main economic driver in the region. Ok 7 bil is high but the team/market is worth more than Denver and Denver sold for 4.5. I’d say the team is worth 5-6 bil based on what Denver sold for.

The fanbase can be rebuilt. It will take some time but I’m ready to become a season ticket holder as soon as the ink is dry on the sale of the team. I’m sure I am not alone. I also think the stadium issue will be resolved quickly once a new owner takes over. Not built quickly but the process to build will start quickly. And I think the NFL will play a huge roll making a new stadium happen, like helping a new owner that isn’t Bezos with the bill and greasing the wheels to get the RFK site.
It’s part of the reason the NFL is so irritated with Snyder. He’s sitting on a goldmine of a market but he’s a giant shithead and he’s ruined one of the most storied franchises in the sport. They know that someone who can come in here and put a respectable product on the field in a stadium that’s hopefully downtown will make all of them a lot of money.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It's getting (more?) interesting. Why is Reid so involved though? Trying to get rid of him? Or just providing an endorsement and that's the extent of his involvement? Odd phrasing there but maybe I'm reading into it too much.

Sep 19, 2008
Hope for once. He could really boost this offense. And Rivera would let him handle his side of the football so he'd have more control.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I don't take sucker bets. No draft pick is a sure thing.
What kind of odds would you need? I 100% agree that the odds of any first round QB ‘making it’ are not even so no issue with that and frankly should have offered it up front.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What kind of odds would you need? I 100% agree that the odds of any first round QB ‘making it’ are not even so no issue with that and frankly should have offered it up front.

Odds for what? I'm not even sure what you're proposing. And TBH my level of interest is only as high as the extreme effort it takes to move my fingers and type shit like "Accuracy can be improved" because, you know, that's a fact.

Are we betting on facts?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It will be a fact when he flops or succeeds….so…..kinda?

me….I’d take him…..if he slipped to the 2nd….no way at 16…..F that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad