Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

We had some lengthy discussions about the merits of keeping Scherff at +$18M and/or more. While the idea of paying so much to a guard is not considered smart practice, we see now what they got as a replacement for their savings - and its garbage. Releasing Erik Flowers was just as head scratching as he was an outstanding value at LG. I thought I read where Trai Turner, the guy they thought would take over at LG, was the lowest ranked full time starting OL in the NFL in 2020 or something. Norwell was decent a few years ago, but he's no Scherff.

Spending a lot on a QB and putting him behind a garbage OL is something only Danny and Ron would contemplate. Anyone else who has ever heard of the Hogs would know to do the opposite.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Think we will see Dan dancing tonight? Its so painful to see how much of an awkward evil nerd he is.
SNY.0.gif

I got you beat bro. This is Le Danno hanging out at a bowling alley with RGIII. I can't even watch to the end, the cringe hurts my face muscles.

Reactions: RandyHolt

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
How drunk was he?

And how stupid is he? Know your role man. It’s not out clubbing w the players.

That’s hilarious
He was a loser growing up and he’s a rich loser now. His pettiness and narcissism stems from never being given the social status he wants or thinks he deserves. Bet he was the kid in high school who was pissed the jocks always thought he was a square. Now that he’s got a little money and power he overcompensates. The dude is a clown.

Confident and people comfortable in their own skin and people who have empathy don’t act like this. Only insecure douchebags who constantly have to try and show how tough and smart and cool they are act like this dumbass.

• Wow

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well funded by who? Guy is turning into a total loon, on top of being a bad person.

Perfect.

Guy is probably terrified of Bezos.

They sign Norman for a pile of money. Then instead of using him as a pass-jumping zone player, they plop him in man coverage to get abused. They sign Jackson, a guy great at man coverage...plop him in zone. Are they f***ing with us?

I'm so exhausted of stupid. I had zero hope for the Rivera regime from the start, but I at least had hope that we'd see guys on defense used and developed well. That's far and away the most bitter disappointment for me, and it's one I did not expect.

LOL as predicted. Right out of the narcissist playbook.

Why would NFL owners need to go through all this shit when they can just vote him out? Have they ever rallied to his side when this sort of thing has been released?

No?

Ok what's that tell us....smoke/fire.

Dan Snyder is incredibly sue-happy. Famously so. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that ESPN vetted every single line of that article meticulously with their editors and legal team to make sure they are in the clear to publish.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
We had some lengthy discussions about the merits of keeping Scherff at +$18M and/or more. While the idea of paying so much to a guard is not considered smart practice, we see now what they got as a replacement for their savings - and its garbage. Releasing Erik Flowers was just as head scratching as he was an outstanding value at LG. I thought I read where Trai Turner, the guy they thought would take over at LG, was the lowest ranked full time starting OL in the NFL in 2020 or something. Norwell was decent a few years ago, but he's no Scherff.

Spending a lot on a QB and putting him behind a garbage OL is something only Danny and Ron would contemplate. Anyone else who has ever heard of the Hogs would know to do the opposite.

Im firmly in the "you dont pay a guard more than 12M a year" or 1/20th of cap since pct of cap is the better marker.

The cap is 208M, 18M is almost 10% of your cap.

Injuries to Roullier, Schweitzer hurt.
Norwell playing this bad was unexpected.
Trai Turner playing bad was expected. Signed for 1 yr/3M = no one was calling

Scherff is 30 years old, missed 16 games in past 3 seasons ... and currently sports a 65.5 PFF grade.

• Wow

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Im firmly in the "you dont pay a guard more than 12M a year" or 1/20th of cap since pct of cap is the better marker.

The cap is 208M, 18M is almost 10% of your cap.

Injuries to Roullier, Schweitzer hurt.
Norwell playing this bad was unexpected.
Trai Turner playing bad was expected. Signed for 1 yr/3M = no one was calling

Scherff is 30 years old, missed 16 games in past 3 seasons ... and currently sports a 65.5 PFF grade.

Yeah. I'm fine with letting him walk. That money for a guard is painful. It's the near total lack of adequately addressing the OL for the last few years that bothers me. Cosmi has been decent at least, but degrading the line and then plopping someone like Wentz behind it is what the French would call "Le Stupid Idea, huuh huh"

Darrisaw was sitting right there available and he's at 82.5 right now. I wanted him. We took f***ing Jamin Davis. At the time I said I wasn't sure, but that I would trust Rivera and JDR on it. Huge error on my part.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Yeah. I'm fine with letting him walk. That money for a guard is painful. It's the near total lack of adequately addressing the OL for the last few years that bothers me. Cosmi has been decent at least, but degrading the line and then plopping someone like Wentz behind it is what the French would call "Le Stupid Idea, huuh huh"

Darrisaw was sitting right there available and he's at 82.5 right now. I wanted him. We took f***ing Jamin Davis. At the time I said I wasn't sure, but that I would trust Rivera and JDR on it. Huge error on my part.
The OL is average imo.

Due to age and injuries .. Cosmi might be the only player on roster next year

Lucas - good first man off bench swing tackle
Roullier - above average starter
Leno - bottom end starter, trouble with outside speed rush or leaving alone w a Parsons type scares me
Norwell - I thought he would be a Schweitzer clone .. didnt see him being this bad
Turner - had 0 expectations
Schweitzer - under rated bad ass who can slide to C if needed, average to slighly above avg starter caliber
Cosmi - should be a decent 10 year starter in this league, better run then pass
Charles - 0 expectations .. not an nfl player
Larsen - dont like the idea of having an older bench guy but C is important and cerebral so I get it

---------

LT Leno
LG Norwell
C Larsen
RG Cosmi
RT Lucas

^^ probably the best starting 5 we could have going forward, once Larsen and Cosmi comes back and no one goes down in that time

-------------

Give coaches credit for improving the O line play after the first 2 weeks ... still not ideal but improved

• Wow

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty damning piece but nothing really groundbreaking. The owners hate Dan, Roger hates Dan, the fans hate Dan, hell even Dan probably hates Dan, but he’s a narcissistic little weasel rat f*** who can’t fathom not being a part of the cool kids club so there’s no low too low for him and he’ll never sell. I think our only hope is that nobody flinches and he can’t secure funding for a new stadium which forces him to sell.

It really is close to impossible to continue wanting to root for this team.

interesting last comment on his wife “someone they (Owners) respect and enjoy working with”…..

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
What on Earth?

Their logo is an arrowhead (as in their stadium's nickname), they have fans that show up in feathered head dresses, their crowds do the "Tomahawk chop" chant during games, and they were named after "Chief" H Roe Bartle (a white dude who stylized himself after native american leaders and created a native american-themed boy scout troup before referring to himself as "Chief").

I'm not going to weigh in on the name change controversy in this post, but claiming that the Chiefs name has "nothing to do with NA imagery" is outright fictitious.

I dunno. If you zoom out on Chiefs it's just a reference to a leader of a group. There's certainly ethnic connotations given the imagery associated, but there's nothing negative about the name itself. Really no different from Vikings. What fans do under the Chiefs banner with chants and outfits and whatever is on them.

Redskins was kinda the opposite -- a f***ed up name with nothing really all that bad being done with the underlying imagery. That old guy with the headdress was pretty benign, and our fans were far more apt to dress as pigs back in the day. ;) No chants that I recall, just the fight song.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I dunno. If you zoom out on Chiefs it's just a reference to a leader of a group. There's certainly ethnic connotations given the imagery associated, but there's nothing negative about the name itself. Really no different from Vikings. What fans do under the Chiefs banner with chants and outfits and whatever is on them.

Redskins was kinda the opposite -- a f***ed up name with nothing really all that bad being done with the underlying imagery. That old guy with the headdress was pretty benign, and our fans were far more apt to dress as pigs back in the day. ;) No chants that I recall, just the fight song.

Weird that we still don't get that it isn't about picking apart the individual semantics and pieces so much as the fact we're using a dominated people as a sports mascot in the first place. It's more than the name.

If KC kept the name and removed the arrowheads and the chop and all that CLEARLY NA shit this would be all over.

• Wow

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
With discussions this year made public that the NFL wants to expand to 40 teams I’d say relocation is our best bet to get away from this shit stain. He’d likely relocate the team before selling if those were his options.

I’d honestly welcome the team relocating at this point. The Redskins are dead, Dan killed them, and what’s left of this franchise is a corpse that’s just rotting from within. They ruined the rebrand and Rivera is a joke. The fans are over it. They have the worst gate in the league and apathy is only increasing. There’s really nothing salvageable at this point. We’ll fire Ron in a year or two or he’ll quit and the job to coach this team will be less attractive than it’s ever been with all of the off-field nonsense and with a respected guy like Rivera having failed to turn it around.

Start fresh with a new owner who would likely be more successful in securing funding for a new stadium. Bury this franchise and start anew. f*** Dan Snyder forever.
What out of their mind City is going to invite this evil guy to move to town AND pony up a new stadium for him?

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
60/40 titans fans at last week’s game, I got 50 dollar end zone tickets and was repaid with a jerry springer level brawl that got blood all over me. People are asking me to write to the team to get an apology and tickets, I’m like it’s Dan Snyder, i am not getting shit.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Posting this just for the picture. What an asshat.

I don’t know why he deleted the tweet but I saved the picture. Snyder sucks so bad.

Attachments

• CCD35D78-DCE1-49BE-9235-0323990EDF0F.jpeg
    CCD35D78-DCE1-49BE-9235-0323990EDF0F.jpeg
    698.2 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad