OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Regular Season Thread -- Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What exactly are we supposed to be trusting here? What justification is there for patience?

Is there some new, mysterious process that takes 4-5 years to learn and implement? Or some massive roster turnover that's unique compared to the rest of the league?

They're nothing special in terms of average age, not that you can identify a link between those things and regular season performance anyway.

RR is a bullshitter. He's just buying time and hoping things turn around for a bit. Then he'll claim it's just the plan starting to take shape, which buys more time.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Alex Smith video

Wow. There is nothing ambiguous about that. RR is shitting on Wentz because he CAN.

His answer made no sense whatsoever when he tried to describe how Dallas is built around Dak....but Rush is still winning...but he's not like Dak....but teams succeed because they build around QBs. What?

Remember how quickly RR escalated the Haskins situation and pushed him out the door?

CW is in a no-win situation now and may respond to this shit by looking for that same door. He's already fled 2 teams that blamed their woes on him.

I'd like to see what he does with a different OC and the ability to f***ing AUDIBLE.

• Wow

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The problem with RR shitting on CW is not how distasteful and ugly it is to the rest of the world, let alone to CW, its more that Dan Snyder won't find anything wrong with RR's comments at all and won't fire him for it when that is what should happen. RR has lost his QB and without his QB he's going to lose the rest of the locker room. This has the makings of a 2-15 season written all over it.

• Wow

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The problem with RR shitting on CW is not how distasteful and ugly it is to the rest of the world, let alone to CW, its more that Dan Snyder won't find anything wrong with RR's comments at all and won't fire him for it when that is what should happen. RR has lost his QB and without his QB he's going to lose the rest of the locker room. This has the makings of a 2-15 season written all over it.
If this was the EPL he’d be gone….like Goon said, he’s biding tIme begging for a few wins to rally his support. This could tank quite fast.

• Wow

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wentz has made mistakes for sure, but he's still

4th in passing yards
2nd in attempts
6th in completions
T-5th in TDs (10)

He's 3rd worst in the league in total INTs (6) but at least he's got a positive TD/INT ratio.

But look at all the guys who are throwing the picks. How well are they being protected?

QBs with most INTs:

1665448306943.png

QBs with most sacks:

1665448395024.png

theyre-the-same-picture-the-office.gif

1665448526581.png

• Wow
Reactions: Ridley Simon

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Wow I just watched RR's answer... what a complete fugging douchenozzle. He literally said "those teams were able to build around a quarterback" but HE's the one building the team. He should have just said "Those other teams are better coached right now" and smiled and left it at that. I would have respect for that answer. But the tripe he spewed??? Screw Ron Rivera in his poop chute.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Been saying Rivera is a low key snake since he got here.

Season 1 he said something along the lines of “I didn’t know these guys were that good” when they snuck into the playoffs.

Always smirking on the sidelines when they lose like he’s not responsible.

Toxic organization is toxic.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I keep going back to how quickly he turned effusive praise into pink slip for Haskins. It only took a couple of weeks.

The guy clearly needs scapegoats.

But why would we ever think a seat-of-your-pants coach nicknamed "Riverboat Ron" would be able to stick to a long-term gameplan? Or NOT be the type of guy who tells you what you want to hear?

RR is about self-preservation. He has an inner circle. He imported them from Carolina. The players are transient pawns.

We went from the Tampa Mafia to the Carolina Cabal.

• Wow

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I have beer league on Thursday night and if they were good I probably would skip hockey to watch the game but I’ll be happy to have an excuse not to watch this week. I only watched a bit of the game on Sunday too. Four weeks is what it took for me to lose interest in these clowns, and with Ron’s recent comments I think I’ll be actively rooting against them for now. He’s a joke and a charlatan and I can’t wait for him to be gone.

Reactions: g00n

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I have beer league on Thursday night and if they were good I probably would skip hockey to watch the game but I’ll be happy to have an excuse not to watch this week. I only watched a bit of the game on Sunday too. Four weeks is what it took for me to lose interest in these clowns, and with Ron’s recent comments I think I’ll be actively rooting against them for now. He’s a joke and a charlatan and I can’t wait for him to be gone.
I live in Columbia and have Hulu Live. Redskins have not been on TV for 3 weeks in a row. Its sad its gotten this bad.
Radio they are on some random oldies station and not on TV in most places lol

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I keep going back to how quickly he turned effusive praise into pink slip for Haskins. It only took a couple of weeks.

The guy clearly needs scapegoats.

But why would we ever think a seat-of-your-pants coach nicknamed "Riverboat Ron" would be able to stick to a long-term gameplan? Or NOT be the type of guy who tells you what you want to hear?

RR is about self-preservation. He has an inner circle. He imported them from Carolina. The players are transient pawns.

We went from the Tampa Mafia to the Carolina Cabal.
sounds like a perfect fit for the Snyder Syndicate

• Wow

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I live in Columbia and have Hulu Live. Redskins have not been on TV for 3 weeks in a row. Its sad its gotten this bad.
Radio they are on some random oldies station and not on TV in most places lol
Your Hulu only gets the Baltimore Fox affiliate. If it had the DC affiliate you’d see the game. It’s been that way ever since the Crows came to Baltimore and both teams played at 1pm.

In other news, the Ginger QB has a sore throwing shoulder.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Shut the f*** up Ron.

I am a supreme Wentz hater. He's the most Kirk Cousinsy QB in the league right now; on the 1-10 Cousins scale where Kirk sits at 5 to establish the average, Wentz is a 9. He's unbelievably aggravating to watch, even in games where he's "good."

All that being said, Wentz is exactly who he is and he has been himself for a long time now. This is no mystery box. You bought this knowing exactly what it was. You don't get to blame him for being what he is. Either you've failed at GMing, or you've failed at coaching; or both! Take your pick Ronny. Same with Davis. YOU DRAFTED AND DEVELOPED HIM. His failures are fully and entirely yours, full stop. Don't run over these guys with the bus. Shut the f*** up.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Been saying Rivera is a low key snake since he got here.

Season 1 he said something along the lines of “I didn’t know these guys were that good” when they snuck into the playoffs.

Always smirking on the sidelines when they lose like he’s not responsible.

Toxic organization is toxic.

He was dead here the second he was given GM power. It's the constant Skinbag Commodes cycle: Lackey stooge GM (Vinny), overpowered HC who sucks at GMing, Lackey stooge GM (allen), overpowered HC who sucks at GMing. Can't wait to see who the next lackey stooge is!

Until this team has a real, normal power structure that isn't built on some form of sycophancy so that Snyder only has to persuade a single person to follow a terrible idea, this is going to keep happening. I had no hope for Rivera because we've seen this before. We know how it goes, and his baseline was always lower than Shanahan's to begin with.

Reactions: Hivemind

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wow. There is nothing ambiguous about that. RR is shitting on Wentz because he CAN.

His answer made no sense whatsoever when he tried to describe how Dallas is built around Dak....but Rush is still winning...but he's not like Dak....but teams succeed because they build around QBs. What?

Remember how quickly RR escalated the Haskins situation and pushed him out the door?

CW is in a no-win situation now and may respond to this shit by looking for that same door. He's already fled 2 teams that blamed their woes on him.

I'd like to see what he does with a different OC and the ability to f***ing AUDIBLE.

Wentz was allowed to audible in Philly, aside from 2017 he sucked ass at it. It doesn't really matter what you change the play to when you just stand there holding the ball until the play dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad