OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Regular Season Thread -- Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

I wonder if a Lance trade is becoming possible.
I would not pay a lot for him. Certainly no where even close to the price they paid for him.

Niners have done well, and with their compensatory 3rd rounders this draft, aren’t anywhere near as bereft of draft capital as they should be. If they can recoup more from Lance, that’d be crazy for their future.

Talk about getting lucky w Purdy. Good God.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
More oversimplifications. All 4 remaining teams are solid in all phases on either side of the ball, with the possible exception of the Chefs pass defense which is up and down and still has that MVP offense behind it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
More oversimplifications. All 4 remaining teams are solid in all phases on either side of the ball, with the possible exception of the Chefs pass defense which is up and down and still has that MVP offense behind it.
Also, three out of the four teams left have a QB on a rookie deal and all four teams left drafted their QB. And actually all eight teams in the Divisional Round drafted their QB.

Enough sending assets and committing big cap dollars for other team's QB castoffs. It's very rare for a free agent QB to lead their team to the Super Bowl; the only free agent QBs in the last 20 years to get there are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, and Matt Hasselbeck. Four of those guys are Hall of Famers. Commit to Howell next year, draft someone else this year, and keep doing it until you find your guy.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My hunch is that Ron is pretty cooked and wants to retire / move into more of a front office and managerial role. If he can hire Bieniemy as his heir apparent then all the better.

I also don’t underplay the angle of Ron wanting to help another minority get a head coaching gig. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Bieniemy is hired as the play caller and head coach in waiting. Obviously a new owner complicates things but it seems like a very Ron thing to do (in a good way).

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This will make some people’s head explode? Or maybe only one.

I’m sure it’s a true “long shot”, I mean — why would he possibly want to come here??:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Right. Because then someone may be - gasp - wrong!!

LOL. We shall see
Who likes to be wrong? I doubt I will be. Fingers crossed. ;)

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Another Sunday in my young life of watching the eagles in an NFC championship game, why are we commanders fans

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
With their defense I think they can still put up a fight, Johnson’s not the worst backup to have. No idea he was on SF but then again he’s been on every team in the nfl feels like

Now a punt hits the wire above the field and nobody can confirm it.

Weird game and it's only 1 quarter. Too many flags, injuries, and oddball crap.

Chaos.

Bet on chaos.

Reactions: max21

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So far this notorious ref crew has been a key part of this game.

And Johnson sucks

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
My 5-year-old nephew just watched Johnson botch that snap. His reaction, "That guy is TERRIBLE at football!"

The color commentary in my house is awesome.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just put Purdy back in and let him hand the ball off. At least he can get the plays called in time and probably hold onto the snap.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Listening to the Eagles fans sing after a TD, loud and proud. Redskins fans used to sound like that. Maybe we will again in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad